The Student Room Group

There's a mouse living in my bedroom what the hell do i do?!

I found what seemed to be a ****ING MOUSE living behind my bed. I had heard what seemed to be scratches coming from inside the wall but I just thought it was my brother because his bedroom is right next to mine. It was only when I had dropped a piece of paper down the side of my bed I got a torch and saw what looked like a mouse stationary. I think there's only one but I was scared shitless. I'm a male by the way so don't emasculate me, aha. I got my brothers to see if it actually was a mouse (because it wasn't moving) and then apparently it scurried across the room and went behind my wardrobe, which is right next to my bed. I have two cats and my older brother was trying to bring them upstairs to catch the mouse but since they've always had to stay downstairs they're scared shitless to come upstairs and he couldn't even carry them to force them up. So then my brothers gave up and just left me with a mouse in my bedroom expecting me to be fine. I won't go as far to say I have a phobia of mouse, but I'm not going to sleep until I know that mouse has gone... so that may be a while. I'll stay up all night and probably sleep on the sofa downstairs at lunchtime or something, aha. I know if I see that mouse move across my bedroom (I haven't actually seen it move yet because I was hiding downstairs because I was terrified) I will never go in my bedroom again until it has gone. Like I said I don't think I have a phobia of mice because I would literally be having a mental breakdown right now but I'm definitely not a fan of them. All I can think is that the mouse will climb into my bed and I will wake up to a mouse sleeping on me and that will scar me for life. Is there anyway to get mice away from your bedroom without something that will leave a dead mouse in my bedroom or in a trap (because no one's gonna touch that)? I know you can get those things that make a high pitched noise but they're too expensive (well, not really but my mum isn't willing to buy anything for me that isn't food to survive).

Scroll to see replies

Release a cobra to kill it.
Name him Dave?
It's never a mouse. It's always mice.

I had a similar problem with my second floor studio flat last year. Don't even know how they got in there. In truth, while I should have told the letting agency, I spent most of the time in the university library, at odd times, hoping that they would be awake when I was out, and doing nothing when I was sleeping. I saw it a few times and it saw me, and eventually Norman and I reached an understanding of sorts.

For the home, try getting a humane trap and see what happens. Some things just have to be faced up to.

Adulthood sucks.
Reply 4
Original post by Lucid Loxodonta
Name him Dave?

When my brothers were trying to catch it they were literally considering keeping it as a ****ing pet -_- but I suppose for the time being I shall call it Dave aha - it makes me a little less scared if it's got a name so thanks. Could be a girl though, but I don't think so
Reply 5
man i feel you, mice terrify me, i'd be out that room asap

Spoiler

Original post by Coruscion
When my brothers were trying to catch it they were literally considering keeping it as a ****ing pet -_- but I suppose for the time being I shall call it Dave aha - it makes me a little less scared if it's got a name so thanks. Could be a girl though, but I don't think so

Boys :facepalm:
Reply 7
Original post by Goaded
man i feel you, mice terrify me, i'd be out that room asap

Spoiler

I'm listening to Ed Sheeran's new album to calm me down - still not gonna even touch that bed though. The annoying thing is there is no way I'm touching/opening a lot of things in my bedroom now just because I'm scared a mouse will jump out at me. I can't even touch my bed covers because I'm scared it's hiding under there. I sat at my desk on my computer in my bedroom sitting cross legged because I'm paranoid it will run up my leg and start climbing up my trousers or some scary shite like that. I have to look away from the screen every 10 seconds just to check it's not somewhere I can see it... :/

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Boys :facepalm:

Brothers :facepalm:
(edited 7 years ago)
Kill it with a hammer.
We had a mouse. Got rid of it a couple of days later with a trap. There is also mouse/rat poison you can buy. Apparently they really like the taste and smell and will eat it.
Reply 10
I'm listening to Ed Sheeran's new album to calm me down - still not gonna even touch that bed though. The annoying thing is there is no way I'm touching/opening a lot of things in my bedroom now just because I'm scared a mouse will jump out at me. I can't even touch my bed covers because I'm scared it's hiding under there. I sat at my desk on my computer in my bedroom sitting cross legged because I'm paranoid it will run up my leg and start climbing up my trousers or some scary shite like that. I have to look away from the screen every 10 seconds just to check it's not somewhere I can see it... :/

Brothers :facepalm:

Oh poor you, at least you've got Ed Sheeran tho :tongue:

Can you set some of trap for it? I'm sure it's not too hard to make one, and it can be humane and it's not good to be so anxious about it. Sending hugs:redface:
Reply 11
Original post by Willy Pete
Kill it with a hammer.

The weird thing is... I hate mice with a passion but I couldn't kill one, or see one dead. I just don't see how I could live knowing that I killed something else that was living, including animals. I'm not particularly keen on any animals to be honest (I even hate my cats aha) but I couldn't bare killing one!

Original post by markova21
We had a mouse. Got rid of it a couple of days later with a trap. There is also mouse/rat poison you can buy. Apparently they really like the taste and smell and will eat it.

Original post by Goaded
Oh poor you, at least you've got Ed Sheeran tho :tongue:

Can you set some of trap for it? I'm sure it's not too hard to make one, and it can be humane and it's not good to be so anxious about it. Sending hugs:redface:

The annoying thing about poison is that you'll have a dead mouse that you'll have to find, and it will probably stink the house out for a week. I might just get a mouse trap but I'll get my mum to leave it in there when I go to school so hopefully it'll be gone and disposed of by my mum by the time I get home (but that means no sleep for two days). I don't think my mum would like to pick up a dead mouse from a trap but there isn't anyone else... I don't live with my dad so I can't get him. I couldn't bare seeing a dead mouse especially one in a mouse trap... that would definitely scar me for life (says the one who wants a career in medicine when he's older!!! aha)
(edited 7 years ago)
The weird thing is... I hate mice with a passion but I couldn't kill one, or see one dead. I just don't see how I could live knowing that I killed something else that was living, including animals. I'm not particularly keen on any animals to be honest (I even hate my cats aha) but I couldn't bare killing one!

You have cats and a mouse problem, no wonder you hate your cats. They suck at being cats.

If you won't kill it and your cats won't, then the only solution to arm a brother with a hammer.
Reply 13
Original post by Willy Pete
You have cats and a mouse problem, no wonder you hate your cats. They suck at being cats.

If you won't kill it and your cats won't, then the only solution to arm a brother with a hammer.

The mouse is in my bedroom and the cats are scared shitless to go upstairs because they've never been up there before. My brother tried to force them upstairs but they just wouldn't. They've actually killed mice before. The thing is I literally have NO idea how a mouse could have got into my bedroom. The windows are never open and my door is usually closed... it just all seems so weird.
Reply 14

The annoying thing about poison is that you'll have a dead mouse that you'll have to find, and it will probably stink the house out for a week. I might just get a mouse trap but I'll get my mum to leave it in there when I go to school so hopefully it'll be gone and disposed of by my mum by the time I get home (but that means no sleep for two days). I don't think my mum would like to pick up a dead mouse from a trap but there isn't anyone else... I don't live with my dad so I can't get him. I couldn't bare seeing a dead mouse especially one in a mouse trap... that would definitely scar me for life (says the one who wants a career in medicine when he's older!!! aha)

Oh I know, I live in the countryside and deal with them often. I'd set a trap...

Spoiler

it's probably terrified to be fair if it knows you're in the room, will be hard to even get it out I suspect. Id resign to the sofa for tonight
A snap trap is the best bet then just chuck it in the bin with the dead mouse when its caught.
You may hear a little squeal...
Get a cat.
The mouse is in my bedroom and the cats are scared shitless to go upstairs because they've never been up there before. My brother tried to force them upstairs but they just wouldn't. They've actually killed mice before. The thing is I literally have NO idea how a mouse could have got into my bedroom. The windows are never open and my door is usually closed... it just all seems so weird.

They are useless cats either way. You need better killers cats.

Mice just find a way it is kind of their thing, lay down some traps, in killing type not those silly "humane" ones. That way they don't die by your hand.
Reply 18
Original post by Goaded
Oh I know, I live in the countryside and deal with them often. I'd set a trap...

Spoiler

it's probably terrified to be fair if it knows you're in the room, will be hard to even get it out I suspect. Id resign to the sofa for tonight

AHAAH THAT STORY I'M LITERALLY DYING :giggle:

I'm going to sleep on my sofa tomorrow so my mum knows I haven't got any sleep so hopefully she'll do something about it :/
Reply 19
Original post by Mair18919

You may hear a little squeal...

Oh don't say that... Makes me not want to get a trap now D:

Original post by plgdjskv
Get a cat.

I do... but they're scared to go in my bedroom because they've never been in there

Latest

Trending

Trending