The Student Room Group

GCSE 2017 Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Habina786xx
Aw yeah how are you finding it?

What would you rather prefer power and Conflict or love and relationships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure I haven't looked at power and conflict but I quite like the poems in love and relationships and my teacher is great so I'm pretty happy. The only thing is that I don't like English but I'm not bad at it. Just need to do a lot of practise essays and overload my teacher with marking them :smile: How about you?
How will you memorise the poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i will honestly try to repeat the word out aloud until i get it. honestly, cos i am aiming for a high grade i guess it would make your life a lot easier if you learn the poems. my exam board is wjec so we will be given one poem but we have to compare it to another poem which won't be given so we have to know which poem relates to the poem given to us. if yours is similar, and your in the exam and if you don't know what the quotes are then your more likely to get a lower grade than someone who has remembered the poems well.

i have made flash cards and annotated the poems. it will require a lot of revision as there are 18 poems for me so yeh. lol
Original post by Violet0328
What books are you studying for English literature?
And also where do we find the timetables I'm doing Aqa English and edexcel mathematics

you find the timetables in the edexcel and aqa website. i study wjec for english
Romeo and juliet, a christmas carol and inspector calls, then 18 poems,

i also study maths edexcel,
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there is an official thread for this purpose :smile: It is sticked on the GCSE forum, or can be found here. The thread is a really great place for discussion about these exams and year 11 in general so I really would recommend that you join it :biggrin:

@JTran38
Original post by geek567
i will honestly try to repeat the word out aloud until i get it. honestly, cos i am aiming for a high grade i guess it would make your life a lot easier if you learn the poems. my exam board is wjec so we will be given one poem but we have to compare it to another poem which won't be given so we have to know which poem relates to the poem given to us. if yours is similar, and your in the exam and if you don't know what the quotes are then your more likely to get a lower grade than someone who has remembered the poems well.

i have made flash cards and annotated the poems. it will require a lot of revision as there are 18 poems for me so yeh. lol

Wooowe Omg. Why didn't I think about flash cards!!!

Thank you!!!!!! :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Difficult I guess. For English for the mock exams I got a level 7 and for maths I got 6.3.

For English I'm planning just to learn the general quotes that our rich in language and stuff.

I'm doing AQA English and EDEXCEL maths.
my school is doing love and relationships
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
Yeah same. So frustrating as there are like 12 poems in that anthology. Are you doing love and relationships?
I'm doing Eduqas English - have to memorise 18 poems :frown: I'm also doing Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, and A Christmas Carol - is anyone else?

Don't get me started on maths omg, they've gotten so much harder :s-smilie:
Original post by saffarinda
I'm doing Eduqas English - have to memorise 18 poems :frown: I'm also doing Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, and A Christmas Carol - is anyone else?

Don't get me started on maths omg, they've gotten so much harder :s-smilie:

I'm also doing Macbeth, but I'm doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
hey there guys finding literature okay finding language hard hoping to get a 6 or above a in maths i want to get 7 or above as i want to take for a levels maths is good i get most of the topics all it is practice
English is my strongest point for me. So I'm not as concerned as I know I could possibly get a 7/8.

But maths is my lowest point. Me and maths just don't click. I'm targeted at a 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gintama2000

I'm also doing Macbeth, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Lord of the Flies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Daydreamer3
New maths is rather hard and just confusingly worded, what do you think?

New Maths is alright in lessons, and then when it comes to exams it's just like when did I even learn this?
Hi, I thought I'd join in as I am also doing the new GCSEs this year. For English, I am studying Macbeth, Great Expectations, An Inspector Calls, and Power & Conflict. My exam board is AQA. For English, my main concern is the fact that we are not given the text. Maths has become really difficult, expecially since I find it boring so tend to get distracted. The exam board is Edexcel.
If any of you guys are doing OCR 21st Century Science, I have a couple of threads on them *
(edited 7 years ago)
is anyone else doing the time and place anthology?? (edexcel)
Why did they make it harder? :/
Not fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

to annoy everyone in year 11...
Original post by Gintama2000

We were originally doing Jekyll and Hyde but changed to ACC this year because it's easier aha. The other half of the year is still doing Jekyll and Hyde though - let's see who gets better results!
I find maths really easy! However, I find English Literature and Language very hard. I guess everyone has different talents... I am doing Power and Conflict for Literature and the following Novels - Animal Farm / Romeo and Juliet / Christmas Carol.
I just did my mock exams in January and I got a 9 in Maths but a 5+ in English Lit and Language. Who else is doing the same as me?
Reply 38
Why did they make it harder? :/
Not fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just thank God we aren't the Year 10's. They lost a LOT more than we did lmao
Reply 39
Hey what's up guys, i'm gonna be taking the 2017 GCSEs ( 9-1 ). By the way ignore my terrible SPAG teehee. I can help anyone with english, I have annotations of all of the poems, and am happy to talk about them with you. I also am very good at maths, and I took my German GCSE early last year and got 95% A*. If you need any private 1 2 1 help, then just add my snapchat - @dillonsandhu111 or instagram @dilons and send me a message and I can help.

Adios

:smile:

BTW I also love Migos and Rae Sremmurd

Quick Reply

Latest