The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rish99
Excuse me who do you think you are medics don't say "yeah safe man". Show some respect and na bare rumours flying round

you'd be surprised at how many medics speak like that at imperial. In fact some of the smartest people in my year speak like that :P
Original post by AortaStudyMore
you'd be surprised at how many medics speak like that at imperial. In fact some of the smartest people in my year speak like that :P

Hahaha it was a joke i know the person who commented
any tips for interview??? or is there any specific reasons that they reject you after interview? and what to be careful of? thanks guyss!!
any one still waiting to hear back. I thought someone said today was the last day they send out interview invitations but i haven't got anything yet and no rejection either. Does anybody know whats happening?
Reply 1724
Anyone who got an offer, how can I prepare for the interview??
Has anyone been rejected after interview so far, or know of anyone being rejected after interview so far this year?
Original post by Abj0
Anyone who got an offer, how can I prepare for the interview??

https://youtu.be/AQ1vn59Q0a8 This is the link they sent in January to help prepare and gives a realistic view of what the interview is really like. Mine was very close to this.

It's very important that you show your passion for studying medicine, have a good understanding of the career you are entering and it's a realistic view as well as having the right motivation for wanting to enter medicine. I would also advise having answers for typical questions like why not nursing or another healthcare degree? How will you contribute to student life? Etc. These are mentioned in the link ^. But just be yourself and let your passion show through :smile:
Original post by Rish99
hahah na its was a joke mate

Haha alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1728
Original post by kelzdestadz
https://youtu.be/AQ1vn59Q0a8 This is the link they sent in January to help prepare and gives a realistic view of what the interview is really like. Mine was very close to this.

It's very important that you show your passion for studying medicine, have a good understanding of the career you are entering and it's a realistic view as well as having the right motivation for wanting to enter medicine. I would also advise having answers for typical questions like why not nursing or another healthcare degree? How will you contribute to student life? Etc. These are mentioned in the link ^. But just be yourself and let your passion show through :smile:

Thank you! Would you say it's important to know things about the NHS and how it works or is it all based on the interviewee?
Has anyone received an offer that was AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Has anyone received an offer that was AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah standard offer is A*AA unless you go to a rlly bad school etc.
Original post by Abj0
Thank you! Would you say it's important to know things about the NHS and how it works or is it all based on the interviewee?

It's mainly based on you and your life really as they've already looked at your personal statement so will ask you questions on that but one main focus in my interview was on medicine as a career and my morivation to study but they asked why I had moved around so much which I put in my personal statement 😂
Original post by that_person
Has anyone been rejected after an interview so far, or know of anyone being rejected after an interview so far this year?

Anyone?
Reply 1733
How do you guys feel about getting the A* in Biology/Chemistry with the new spec? The specimen papers are pretty hard (OCR) and the mark schemes are pretty strict. I wish I was doing the old spec :/
Original post by oey99
How do you guys feel about getting the A* in Biology/Chemistry with the new spec? The specimen papers are pretty hard (OCR) and the mark schemes are pretty strict. I wish I was doing the old spec :/

I feel the same way you do. Biology is now pretty much impossible because we have no idea what the mark scheme is going to specifically ask for, but i think chemistry might be possible. Good luck!
Original post by oey99

It's the same case with AQA too :frown:. Why oh why did they have to change the papers this year, couldn't they have waited a year?
Reply 1736
Original post by Kdrizzy1999
I feel the same way you do. Biology is now pretty much impossible because we have no idea what the mark scheme is going to specifically ask for, but i think chemistry might be possible. Good luck!

I agree I think Chemistry might be a little bit easier but I guess we have to try our best
Reply 1737
Original post by Bright_Gift
It's the same case with AQA too :frown:. Why oh why did they have to change the papers this year, couldn't they have waited a year?

Having AS and A2 would've been way better :frown: I'm gonna be so pissed off if I dont get the grades this year
Original post by Kdrizzy1999

I'm confused, how comes we don't know what the mark scheme will ask for, I doubt they'd change the key words they like, the old old spec pre-2008 biology papers have the same markschemes pretty much as the 2008-2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by oey99
Having AS and A2 would've been way better :frown: I'm gonna be so pissed off if I dont get the grades this year

That's true, modular exams are much easier to handle. Look at maths for example!
I am glad though that for AQA, with the new spec, we no longer have controlled assessments, so there is a silver lining.
I think if we work at our absolute best, then the odds of getting our dream grades is in our favour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending