Original post by Michiyo
PRSOM request complete :wink:

I was going to rep that post anyway, but I forgot :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: on my phone so can't rep :/

Thanks fpr repping it for me though :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by 999tigger
Could they be overthrown? One of the most memorable news clips is the one of Nicolae Ceaușescu stood on the balcony and it dawning on him the crowds werent cheering. He was given a state visit to the UK.

ps DW im not prejudiced against Romanians. i take as i find people.

I hope for the best, one Minister has already resigned, he said it was the ethical thing to do and he wrote on facebook "I don’t want to have to tell my child that I was a coward and I agreed to something I don’t believe in", also the President appealed against the decision.

They can't get away with this anyway, the way this emergency ordinance was adoped, late at night without taking into account anyone's opinion is wrong.

I hope the Justice Minister will resign soon, he's a moron, he had an interview and the way he answered questions made me wonder if he's actually that stupid or he thinks we are stupid enough to believe his lies.

And your last line really made me feel better, I wish more people had your mentality. The world would be a better place.
Original post by Michiyo
PRSOM request complete :wink:

I was going to rep that post anyway

Is this how you interpret "PRSOM", as requesting other members to rep the post?
Original post by EC
I hope for the best, one Minister has already resigned, he said it was the ethical thing to do and he wrote on facebook "I don’t want to have to tell my child that I was a coward and I agreed to something I don’t believe in", also the President appealed against the decision.

They can't get away with this anyway, the way this emergency ordinance was adoped, late at night without taking into account anyone's opinion is wrong.

I hope the Justice Minister will resign soon, he's a moron, he had an interview and the way he answered questions made me wonder if he's actually that stupid or he thinks we are stupid enough to believe his lies.

And your last line really made me feel better, I wish more people had your mentality. The world would be a better place.

you love morons :biggrin:
Gypsies are not Romanians, they are Roma people, stop mixing romanians with gypsies, it's like mixing british people with americans.
Romania is great and I'm glad I was born in such a beautiful country <3 Also I see a lot of people talking about other cities but not the capital. Sure, Cluj, Brasov and other cities are great but Bucharest ,in my opinion, is the best! Bucharest is the capital and the nightlife is one of the best in Europe, it's simply amazing! Bucharest has a lot to offer, even nature as we have many parks and some forests arount the city.
Come to Bucharest :tongue:
Original post by EC
If you stopped believing everything The Daily Mail says, you'd be surprised.

You read The Daily Mail...
Original post by Google22
One of my friends says Macedonia is the beautifulest country she's been to.

Is Romania similar to Macedonia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You read lol
It's beautiful not beautifulest.

LOL
Original post by ArinaWolfPack
Gypsies are not Romanians, they are Roma people, stop mixing romanians with gypsies, it's like mixing british people with americans.
Romania is great and I'm glad I was born in such a beautiful country <3 Also I see a lot of people talking about other cities but not the capital. Sure, Cluj, Brasov and other cities are great but Bucharest ,in my opinion, is the best! Bucharest is the capital and the nightlife is one of the best in Europe, it's simply amazing! Bucharest has a lot to offer, even nature as we have many parks and some forests arount the city.
Come to Bucharest :tongue:

Strange analogy. If an 'American' was living in the UK and had done all his life then he wouldn't be American, he'd be British. The Roma are Romanians too.
I am from Ro :biggrin:. Even I am living in Uk right now I still miss my country.
Ngl I just came here to tell the story our geography teacher told us:
Once he was in Romania and saw a small panel house. There was a horse peacefully admiring the view from a window on the 1st floor while people were living in front of the house and I lose my sh-t everytime I imagine this scenario
Original post by suga(r)
Ngl I just came here to tell the story our geography teacher told us:
Once he was in Romania and saw a small panel house. There was a horse peacefully admiring the view from a window on the 1st floor while people were living in front of the house and I lose my sh-t everytime I imagine this scenario

Did he mention what city/town/village this happened in? :smile:

Fun fact: 'Sugar' (soo-gahrr) is a Romanian word used to refer to a baby which literally means 'sucker'.
Original post by Michiyo
Did he mention what city/town/village this happened in? :smile:

Fun fact: 'Sugar' (soo-gahrr) is a Romanian word used to refer to a baby which literally means 'sucker'.

Maybe he did but sadly I can't recall the name :I But as we were heading to Șumuleu Ciuc we saw a pretty rundown village (or idek what that was) and maybe that was the place he was talking about D:

Ooooh nice I'm both a baby and a sucker (for stroopwaffels) B)
Original post by suga(r)
Maybe he did but sadly I can't recall the name :I But as we were heading to Șumuleu Ciuc we saw a pretty rundown village (or idek what that was) and maybe that was the place he was talking about D:

Ooooh nice I'm both a baby and a sucker (for stroopwaffels) B)

As a Romanian, I have never heard of that place :laugh: Now that I looked it up, that is explained due to said place being a neighbourhood in the city of Miercurea Ciuc :smile: (I am from Bucharest and have not really visited any other Romanian cities, so I do not really know any neighbourhoods outside of Bucharest :toofunny: )

To be honest, 'sugar' is not the most typical word for a baby and it is only used for those who are still being breastfed :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 92
It doesn't look like the moon, lol. It has grass.
Reply 93
Original post by Snufkin
Strange analogy. If an 'American' was living in the UK and had done all his life then he wouldn't be American, he'd be British. The Roma are Romanians too.

People are really confused about this.

Romani people
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Romanians, an unrelated ethnic group and nation, nor with modern or ancient Romans, also unrelated. For other uses, see Romani (disambiguation)."Gypsy" and "Gypsies" redirect here. For other uses, see Gypsy (disambiguation).

The Romani (also spelled Romany; /ˈroʊməni/, /ˈrɒ-/), or Roma, are a traditionally nomadic ethnic group, living mostly in Europe and the Americas and originating from the northern regions of the Indian subcontinent presumably from where the states Rajasthan, Haryana, and Punjab exist today. The Romani are widely known among English-speaking people by the exonym "Gypsies" (or "Gipsies":wink:, which some people consider pejorative due to its connotations of illegality and irregularity.

Romani are dispersed, with their concentrated populations in Europe especially Central, Eastern and Southern Europe including Turkey, Spain and Southern France. They originated in Northern India and arrived in Mid-West Asia, then Europe, around 1,000 years ago.

Since the 19th century, some Romani have also migrated to the Americas. There are an estimated one million Roma in the United States; and 800,000 in Brazil, most of whose ancestors emigrated in the nineteenth century from eastern Europe. Brazil also includes some Romani descended from people deported by the government of Portugal during the Inquisition in the colonial era. In migrations since the late nineteenth century, Romani have also moved to other countries in South America and to Canada.

Also, if you check the regions with significant populations of Gypsies Romania is on the 4th place.
Reply 94
I can honestly say that even after seeing other extremely beautiful cities in Europe, Timisoara is my favourite. If I didn't go abroad to study, I would certainly go and live there because I find it to be the perfect city to live in.

The society is sophisticated, the cultural and architectural richness is insane, people are so heartwarming, I also consider them to be the most open minded in the whole country, it looks unreal because it's so wonderful and it has been voted consecutively in Forbes the best city for business in Romania.
Original post by EC
People are really confused about this.

Romani people
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Romanians, an unrelated ethnic group and nation, nor with modern or ancient Romans, also unrelated. For other uses, see Romani (disambiguation)."Gypsy" and "Gypsies" redirect here. For other uses, see Gypsy (disambiguation).

The Romani (also spelled Romany; /ˈroʊməni/, /ˈrɒ-/), or Roma, are a traditionally nomadic ethnic group, living mostly in Europe and the Americas and originating from the northern regions of the Indian subcontinent presumably from where the states Rajasthan, Haryana, and Punjab exist today. The Romani are widely known among English-speaking people by the exonym "Gypsies" (or "Gipsies":wink:, which some people consider pejorative due to its connotations of illegality and irregularity.

Romani are dispersed, with their concentrated populations in Europe especially Central, Eastern and Southern Europe including Turkey, Spain and Southern France. They originated in Northern India and arrived in Mid-West Asia, then Europe, around 1,000 years ago.

Since the 19th century, some Romani have also migrated to the Americas. There are an estimated one million Roma in the United States; and 800,000 in Brazil, most of whose ancestors emigrated in the nineteenth century from eastern Europe. Brazil also includes some Romani descended from people deported by the government of Portugal during the Inquisition in the colonial era. In migrations since the late nineteenth century, Romani have also moved to other countries in South America and to Canada.

Also, if you check the regions with significant populations of Gypsies Romania is on the 4th place.

We're talking about Roma people living in Romania, that article talks about a much broader group of people dispersed throughout Europe and the World. If you live in Romania, have Romanian citizenship and speak Romanian, then you are Romanian. Your ethnicity is irrelevant.

I find it very strange that Romanians (and people from all over the Balkans tbh) treat the Roma as if they're not part of their society.
So Romania is essentially a barren wasteland with a few nice landscapes here and there :holmes:
Reply 97
Original post by Snufkin
We're talking about Roma people living in Romania, that article talks about a much broader group of people dispersed throughout Europe and the World. If you live in Romania, have Romanian citizenship and speak Romanian, then you are Romanian. Your ethnicity is irrelevant.

I find it very strange that Romanians (and people from all over the Balkans tbh) treat the Roma as if they're not part of their society.

Gypsies wander the world a lot, they don't have a definite country to live in because they don't form a nation.

It's believed that they have been exiled from Egypt and so they became an ethnic group themselves. They are considered to be nomads who travel a lot and so they absorb cultures or people of different races into their group. That is why they have also developed many dialects.
Original post by Nujabes4
Not being xenophobic but in my experience living in London, Romanians are the worst Eastern Europeans.

Many of them other here in the UK are either beggars / gypsies or are shady, poor and often work in criminal / illegitimate jobs.

If they come over here and are willing to do crappy jobs / live in crappy conditions, then I'm inclined to believe Romania is likely much worse.

The beggars you see aren't Romanian, they're Romany which is a different kind of people. No one likes Romany, Romanians are nice though.
Romania is a beautiful country, in fact every country has its beauties

Anyone who says it doesn't is just ignorant

Quick Reply

Latest