The Student Room Group

Constitutional convention

i have a question for a piece of coursework about constitutional convention which I am unable to answer as I do not understand the question I am wondering if there is
anyway that I would get some help in understanding the question. my deadline is the 28 march which is coming closer by the day please help as soon as possible please.
Original post by jodielaw
i have a question for a piece of coursework about constitutional convention which I am unable to answer as I do not understand the question I am wondering if there is
anyway that I would get some help in understanding the question. my deadline is the 28 march which is coming closer by the day please help as soon as possible please.

What exactly is the question?
Reply 2
Original post by Exams2017
What exactly is the question?

the quote is
"Constitutional conventions are used to govern the behaviour of the Queen, the Government, and Parliament, without which there would neither democratic nor accountable government within Britain."
and I'm supposed to critically analyse it
the quote is
"Constitutional conventions are used to govern the behaviour of the Queen, the Government, and Parliament, without which there would neither democratic nor accountable government within Britain."

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with that section of constitutional convention so I can't answer. Good luck with the question though. :smile:
Reply 4
A starting point is that this is a question on separation of powers and accountability/responsibility, you could also consider mentioning the Rule of Law.

Read the sticky to this section, it will help you find out how to get your question answered on here.
Reply 5
I have the same questionnnnnn and clueless
the quote is

You could also consider why we need constitutional conventions to 'govern behaviour'. Why wouldn't this be relevant for, say, America?
Reply 7
Original post by Mimir
A starting point is that this is a question on separation of powers and accountability/responsibility, you could also consider mentioning the Rule of Law.

Read the sticky to this section, it will help you find out how to get your question answered on here.

how can i mention the rule of law?

Quick Reply

Latest