The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

How good is KCL Computing compared to Imperial or UCL

I've recently received an offer to study course 404 at KCL, which is a Msci in computer science, for surprisingly low grades.
I've received offers from the Universities of York and Glasgow for similar courses requiring higher grades.
I've also been interviewed at ICL and really loved the place. As I'm anxiously waiting for a potential offer, which I would instantly firm, I was wondering how KCL's CS department compared to the departments of the Unis cited above, as well as to UCL's , the latter, I hear, being the other big university in London
May I ask, what were your grades?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Cynoscephalae
May I ask, what were your grades?

I'm an EU student, my offer was 14 overall at the French Bac and 13 in Mathematics, but I doubt this was the answer you were looking for...
It is very hard for me to give you a decent equivalence. I do know that Glasgow asked a 15 of me and York did the same though
ICL/UCL are considerably better, KCL's isn't great. However, place's like Imperial and UCL give you loads of work, KCL not so much. If you want to be working all time within a better department, go elsewhere, otherwise if you want a chill time working in a department that needs work.. KCL.
Original post by Bobjim12
ICL/UCL are considerably better, KCL's isn't great. However, place's like Imperial and UCL give you loads of work, KCL not so much. If you want to be working all time within a better department, go elsewhere, otherwise if you want a chill time working in a department that needs work.. KCL.

KCL isn't great...............................................................
QS ranks 21st in the world, MEH
Original post by JaqenH'gar
KCL isn't great...............................................................
QS ranks 21st in the world, MEH

Not for CS though, MEH

I am also a CS student at King's so, MEH
Original post by Bobjim12
Not for CS though, MEH

I am also a CS student at King's so, MEH

Hi, any idea for msc data science course at Kings?
KCL is one of the best unis in the world... but not for CS. Not to say it's not good, but ICL would be a better option for technological subjects. I would generally say ICL>KCL>York=Glasgow.

Quick Reply

Latest