The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

How can private school , grammar school and underperforming state school like mine all get same offer . It's not fair !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
That's true, modular exams are much easier to handle. Look at maths for example!
I am glad though that for AQA, with the new spec, we no longer have controlled assessments, so there is a silver lining.
I think if we work at our absolute best, then the odds of getting our dream grades is in our favour

Wasn't control assessment an easier way to bring your grades up . Also I personally think the required practical is even worse not only does it not count as our final grade ( through we have to waste time doing it anyways) but to make the matter worse it may also be integrated in our normal paper ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SonicSam
Wasn't control assessment an easier way to bring your grades up . Also I personally think the required practical is even worse not only does it not count as our final grade ( through we have to waste time doing it anyways) but to make the matter worse it may also be integrated in our normal paper ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's quite true, controlled assessments are an easier way to bring up your grade but I really don't enjoy the long dreary weeks of doing it! But that's just me personally.
I guess I am just resigned to the whole idea of the practicals being integrated into our papers
Yes that's quite true, controlled assessments are an easier way to bring up your grade but I really don't enjoy the long dreary weeks of doing it! But that's just me personally.
I guess I am just resigned to the whole idea of the practicals being integrated into our papers

Trust me ! I seriously have no idea what they will ask in our practical .... I'd really appreciate if someone could post similiar type of question that may come up or resources to help me prepare for it .

Posted from TSR Mobile
I fully second that! Is there like a thread for AQA A level Chemistry/Biology? I'll check

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trust me ! I seriously have no idea what they will ask in our practical .... I'd really appreciate if someone could post similiar type of question that may come up or resources to help me prepare for it .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I fully second that! Is there like a thread for AQA A level Chemistry/Biology? I'll check
Original post by Rish99
Can't believe it got an interview yesterday thought my bmat was quite low as well

What was your bmat ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do let me know if you find one ! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1748
Does Imperial send out interview outcomes by email or Track updates??
Original post by gabm18
Does Imperial send out interview outcomes by email or Track updates??

Track, and I haven't heard a peep from the actual university...
I know I'm going ahead in time but have people started looking at accommodation ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can private school , grammar school and underperforming state school like mine all get same offer . It's not fair !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems unfair but you'd be surprised how many bad private schools there are - they aren't all good! Imperial admissions have the ability to make an AAA offer so I'm sure they do if they feel it's the right thing to do. They may also use it on results day e.g. If someone from a poorly performing school misses their offer and gets AAA they still let them in vs someone from a grammar/private school who misses there offer maybe?? Im sure you'll do amazing anyway! Is imperial your first choice?
Original post by Happyals
Seems unfair but you'd be surprised how many bad private schools there are - they aren't all good! Imperial admissions have the ability to make an AAA offer so I'm sure they do if they feel it's the right thing to do. They may also use it on results day e.g. If someone from a poorly performing school misses their offer and gets AAA they still let them in vs someone from a grammar/private school who misses there offer maybe?? Im sure you'll do amazing anyway! Is imperial your first choice?

Yes... but A* in a science is a killer . If it was maths it could have been possible ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes... but A* in a science is a killer . If it was maths it could have been possible ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

True that would be easier 😊!
Original post by Happyals
True that would be easier 😊!

I go to a sixth form where there is 40% pass rate let alone A*/A . But let's see if the hard work pays off now .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go to a grammar school, the new students who joined our sixth form wanted to go back to their old school because the teaching at mine was absolute sheit compared to their old comp.

Our school thrives off the success of the student's own effort, simply put, you cannot rely on the teaching at my school to get you even an A, yet we have 99% A*-C at GCSE.
Original post by rohit5148
I go to a grammar school, the new students who joined our sixth form wanted to go back to their old school because the teaching at mine was absolute sheit compared to their old comp.

Our school thrives off the success of the student's own effort, simply put, you cannot rely on the teaching at my school to get you even an A, yet we have 99% A*-C at GCSE.

I just hope this doesn't continue at university ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whoever has gotten an offer, when you get a ucas update did it tell you via email?
I go to a sixth form where there is 40% pass rate let alone A*/A . But let's see if the hard work pays off now .

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will put you in a good position at medical school, no one spoon feeds you there so those that have had to be more self motivated will likely do better 😊
Original post by Quarrdent
Whoever has gotten an offer, when you get a ucas update did it tell you via email?

For imperial just check track after 10pm at night - they always seem to come through at 10.01pm!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending