The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Middlesex applicants 2017

Hi everyone. I couldn't find another page for Middlesex applicants so thought I would start one! I've accepted an offer from Middlesex for veterinary nursing, I've just applied and put a deposit down for platt halls. Who else will be starting at Middlesex in September? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'm also going to Middlesex this year to study vet nursing but I haven't sorted the accommodation out yet. Have you heard anything about the applicant days?
Katy
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Original post by Gardner24
Hey! I'm also going to Middlesex this year to study vet nursing but I haven't sorted the accommodation out yet. Have you heard anything about the applicant days?
Katy

No nothing! Just realised it says we would get an invite in February! I wonder if they are waiting til all the interviews have taken place before sending invites out? maybe we should email them? Do you know what accommodation you're gonna go for?
Reply 3
Yeah I read that too so hopefully they'll send invites soon! I'm thinking of Platt Halls too but I'm not 100% yet, have you definitely got a place in those halls or do you have to wait for it to be confirmed?
Reply 4
Yeah I read that too so hopefully they'll send invites soon! I'm thinking of Platt Halls too but I'm not 100% yet, have you definitely got a place in those halls or do you have to wait for it to be confirmed?

Well it says first come first serve on the website that's why I paid my deposit as soon as I could but I think they give you definite confirmation nearer the time. You get to put down three choices but I only put platt.
Original post by Jade.1
Hi everyone. I couldn't find another page for Middlesex applicants so thought I would start one! I've accepted an offer from Middlesex for veterinary nursing, I've just applied and put a deposit down for platt halls. Who else will be starting at Middlesex in September? :biggrin:

Hello Jade,

Congratulations on your offer!
It is great that you are coming to Middlesex. I have graduated in July and I loved my time here. I lived in the halls as well and I had such a great time!

We will create a facebook around June/July time for all the Freshers.

Hope it helps,
Best wishes and good luck

Ludovica (Middlesex University Graduate and Rep)
Reply 6
Original post by Middlesex University
Hello Jade,

Congratulations on your offer!
It is great that you are coming to Middlesex. I have graduated in July and I loved my time here. I lived in the halls as well and I had such a great time!

We will create a facebook around June/July time for all the Freshers.

Hope it helps,
Best wishes and good luck

Ludovica (Middlesex University Graduate and Rep)

Hey did you have a preference in accommodation? Do you know the dates of freshers yet?
Thanks
Original post by Jade.1
Hey did you have a preference in accommodation? Do you know the dates of freshers yet?
Thanks

Hello,

In terms of accommodation, I loved living in Ivy halls!
But if I could advice you choose the ones that are at a walking distance (Platt and Usher). It makes your life easier!

Freshers is usually the last week of September or the first of October.
More information will come in June/July :smile:

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks
Ludovica
Reply 8
Original post by Jade.1
Well it says first come first serve on the website that's why I paid my deposit as soon as I could but I think they give you definite confirmation nearer the time. You get to put down three choices but I only put platt.

I got an email back from Middlesex today saying that we get our accommodation offers at the end of this month and to request being put in the same flat as somebody else you have to email them the student number and they will pass the request to the hall but it is not guaranteed.
Reply 9
Original post by KirstyW_
I got an email back from Middlesex today saying that we get our accommodation offers at the end of this month and to request being put in the same flat as somebody else you have to email them the student number and they will pass the request to the hall but it is not guaranteed.

Ah ok so I guess we just wait and see if we get into platt then make requests yea? That's good we find out this soon I thought we had to wait until August or something!
Reply 10
Original post by Jade.1
Ah ok so I guess we just wait and see if we get into platt then make requests yea? That's good we find out this soon I thought we had to wait until August or something!

Yeah, sounds good!:smile: Fair enough, I wasn't too sure when we'd get them but thankfully it's this soon.
Reply 11
Yeah, sounds good!:smile: Fair enough, I wasn't too sure when we'd get them but thankfully it's this soon.

I asked about the applicants day. It should be around June time and we should get our invites within the next month!
I accepted my offer yesterday and I've applied for Platt halls so I'm excited now!! Did you book the accommodation for the whole year or the short stay??
Reply 13
I accepted my offer yesterday and I've applied for Platt halls so I'm excited now!! Did you book the accommodation for the whole year or the short stay??

Ah that's exciting well done! Well I had a big dilemma about that as I'm not sure if I'll want to stay near uni for my placement or come back home! I don't want to miss out on anything at the uni if that makes sense! So I've booked it just for one semester and they said ive got until October to change it if I want to? But I guess I'll just see how I get on, I'm sure I can sort something out if I want to stay. What did you decide to do?
Original post by Jade.1
Ah that's exciting well done! Well I had a big dilemma about that as I'm not sure if I'll want to stay near uni for my placement or come back home! I don't want to miss out on anything at the uni if that makes sense! So I've booked it just for one semester and they said ive got until October to change it if I want to? But I guess I'll just see how I get on, I'm sure I can sort something out if I want to stay. What did you decide to do?

I had that thought too!! I've applied for the whole year but they've said that I can change it to the short tenancy before October if I want to do my placement at home so I'm sure they can do the same for you!
Do you know much about the placements? I'm not sure if we're meant to have it sorted before we go to uni or whether we get help with sorting it once we start??
Reply 15
I had that thought too!! I've applied for the whole year but they've said that I can change it to the short tenancy before October if I want to do my placement at home so I'm sure they can do the same for you!
Do you know much about the placements? I'm not sure if we're meant to have it sorted before we go to uni or whether we get help with sorting it once we start??

Yea I wanted to see how I got on at uni first before making the decision! No I think we go through all that once we start as they are the ones who find the placements for us, we just get to choose what area we want the placement in if that makes sense. There's an applicants day that we'll all get invited too and have a tester lesson etc and meet all our teachers so I guess we can find out all the details then. 😬
Reply 16

I've applied for the whole year too as I didn't really know what to do either. I might do some of my placements in and around London for the first half of the year and then I might start looking for a placement back home near the summer as they recommend going to different placements to get more experience but I'm not entirely sure on what I should do.
Reply 17
I've applied for the whole year too as I didn't really know what to do either. I might do some of my placements in and around London for the first half of the year and then I might start looking for a placement back home near the summer as they recommend going to different placements to get more experience but I'm not entirely sure on what I should do.

Yea I believe there are two 14 week placements in the first year so we can do one in one practice and choose a different practice for the 2nd one.
Original post by Jade.1
Yea I wanted to see how I got on at uni first before making the decision! No I think we go through all that once we start as they are the ones who find the placements for us, we just get to choose what area we want the placement in if that makes sense. There's an applicants day that we'll all get invited too and have a tester lesson etc and meet all our teachers so I guess we can find out all the details then. 😬

Yeah that's a good decision! Ah okay yeah that makes sense! Have you heard when the applicants day is?? Also have you heard of many people that will be going to Middlesex because I haven't yet!

Hey! Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing too, it's hard to know what to do yet as it's quite a while away! What accommodation have you gone for??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending