The Student Room Group

Do you shop at Primark?

Some say, "if you shop at primark, you're cheap" and they say the quality of primark products are poor. What do you think? I've never had a problem with a primark product, ever. And i think primark has some REALLY nice clothes and they also do homeware products that are so stunning!

Why get a ÂŁ75 coat from debenhams when you can get it for ÂŁ25 at primark?
This is life so hold on tight
This is the dream, it's all you need

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe people don't like shopping there because of image or materials used or even associating price with quality. Generally I don't buy too much, but things like socks and plain t-shirts I would!
I buy hair ties from there.
I get my clothes from the market
I buy a lot of basics from Primark like socks, nightwear, etc. but I do find their clothes are poor quality and sometimes look really cheap. Their sizing is also way varied
When I was a student.

The quality certainly ins't as good as other brands, one of the reasons it is cheaper.
Original post by XavierMyshkin
Maybe people don't like shopping there because of image or materials used or even associating price with quality. Generally I don't buy too much, but things like socks and plain t-shirts I would!

Yeah, i do think people go Primark more for accessories and socks and stuff. They're soo comfy yay
Original post by Mystery.
I buy hair ties from there.

Mhmm, loads in one for one pound. Just great
Original post by emerald7770
Some say, "if you shop at primark, you're cheap" and they say the quality of primark products are poor. What do you think? I've never had a problem with a primark product, ever. And i think primark has some REALLY nice clothes and they also do homeware products that are so stunning!

Primark is ok for bath towels
I like their fake nails a quid for 36 yes please
Yeah, i do think people go Primark more for accessories and socks and stuff. They're soo comfy yay

haha someone's excited!
Primark is awful. I went in there once because of a friend, and I had to abandon her there and save myself
I'm not fussed. I like primark.
Original post by retro_turtles

i just get them for bants
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Primark is awful. I went in there once because of a friend, and I had to abandon her there and save myself

They do a great selection of onesies which even fit the taller calibre of man.
Original post by retro_turtles

I have never tried them ... I grow my nails naturally :P :wink:
No, I shoplift from Primark.

I try and avoid it if possible, if only for ethical reasons
Altho some of Primark's clothes may be cheap quality, majority of the items are exactly the same as what u get in New Look or anywhere else top like that. The only difference is the brand and the label. That's what ur actually paying for with a lot of high end products. We are made to believe they are better quality and work/look better when in fact they have been made in the same factory in the same country, like Malaysia etc, but they just have different labels.
I pretty much shop everywhere despite of the price such as:

Hollister, Super Dry, Timberland, Primark

The only shop I avoid is literally JD because dont like dem roadman ting init

Quick Reply