The Student Room Group

Do you shop at Primark?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Willy Pete
They do a great selection of onesies which even fit the taller calibre of man.

Like me, then? :pierre:
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Like me, then? :pierre:

Indeed, it is no easy feat finding overall type clothing to fit that doesn't give you nether region constriction.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Primark is awful. I went in there once because of a friend, and I had to abandon her there and save myself

How Middle-Class :rofl:
Yup all the time :biggrin:
Original post by XavierMyshkin
I have never tried them ... I grow my nails naturally :P :wink:

Mine are oddly shaped and hard to get right lel
haha mine are oddly shaped too .. I am guy :P wasn't making fun at all just being silly
Reply 27
I bought my fedora from there.
Reply 28
who are these people who say that? Even well off people shop at primark, only an idiot would buy an expensive item when they could get the exact same thing much cheaper from primark.

I bought a leather jacket from there once which was much more stylish than an expensive one I bought a year earlier. Had it for years
(edited 7 years ago)
They do some nice disney items, I got my mickey and minnie lights from there =)
The sizing bugs me though.... why is it i'm like an 8 in one top and a 14 in another? they need to pick one size and roll with it
Reply 30
I bought a grey long jacket which looks so smart - cost me so much less than a similar looking thing would from topman/river island
Original post by Allie4
who are these people who say that? Even well off people shop at primark, only an idiot would buy an expensive item when they could get the exact same thing much cheaper from primark.

Because more often than not the quality is much poorer.
If you are going to shop at Primark, the oxford street is one really great.
Ethical?? How so?
Original post by Asiangirl_18
Ethical?? How so?

It's not halal

Nikes are expensive yet the labour down in Malaysia, Indonesia, China etc is cheap as hell and sorry but the working conditions in those kind of countries are never great. Everything we wear is "unethical" then as there are very few products still made in the U.K. under strict working conditions that give humane rights to those workers. There aren't too many "ethical/organic" clothes out there as far as I know that fit everyone's budgets.

Original post by Rhythmical
It's not halal

How is it not halal?
Have u realised tho that Primark leggings and New Look leggings are EXACTLY the same. The material. The cut. The transparency when girls get sizes too small? U do just pay for the label that says New Look. The quality is most times, I won't say all however, exactly the same as the low priced stuff in Primark.
I think Primark is great. Sure, the quality of clothes isn't comparable to the best, but it's cheap. You get what you pay for and in my opinion, better quality than the price tag would suggest.

Also +1 for your profile picture :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by emerald7770
Some say, "if you shop at primark, you're cheap" and they say the quality of primark products are poor. What do you think?

2008:

2017:

Frankly, I don't think I've owned a more durable garment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending