The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

London South Bank University Adult Nursing Interview Questions

Hi,

I have my interview at London South Bank tomorrow. I've heard that they are multiple mini interviews. Can anyone tell me what sort of questions to expect and what to expect in general.

Thanks so much

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oh wow!! mine is on thursday 24th. let me know it goes..thank you.)
London
How did the interviews go?
UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!
Reply 4
Original post by nelfran29
UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉
Original post by ShelleyRL
Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

@ShelleyRL Thanks so much means a lot, it's been a tough road, I got there in the end! :smile:
Reply 6
@ShelleyRL Thanks so much means a lot, it's been a tough road, I got there in the end! :smile:

Sorry to bother you but, how was the interview like
Original post by Afuaa
Sorry to bother you but, how was the interview like

Hi, @Afuaa You are not troubling me at all :smile:

I assume you applied for a nursing course and have been passed both numeracy and literacy tests and invited to interview well, at LSBU they are conducting MMI's (Multiple Mini Interviews) These can be described as a short series of different stations ranging from about 5-10, they present either a situation, scenario or a question and you answer it positively putting the patient at the heart of your decision or answer, of course, :smile: Each station will have an academic from the university, a health professional and possibly a service user! You get about 4-5 mins to answer the question and then when the bell rings you move to the next station or table depends on how its set up.

My interview at LSBU was great, it wasn't difficult at all, I had nerves but I channeled it in a positive way to help me do better.

What exactly would you like to know? I can help where I can :tongue:

Which course have you applied for, any upcoming interviews, or awaiting responses?
Reply 8
Applied for adult nursing and already passed my maths and English text. My interview is on the 3 of march and am very worried about the type of questions I will be asked. Thanks
Original post by Afuaa
Applied for adult nursing and already passed my maths and English text. My interview is on the 3 of march and am very worried about the type of questions I will be asked. Thanks

@Afuaa Hi, It really does depend on the universities interview process, have you checked UCAS Track for the interview details, what about the university website, they must be some information on there about adult nursing interview guidance. Or if the university sent you an email to invite you for an interview, check this too.

There are different processes they can use including MMI (Multiple Mini Interviews) Traditional styles (one to one) Selection events/ days and Group interviews. Your first task is to find out what type of interview you've been invited to!!! :smile:

Then you can start preparing yourself.

***For any nursing adult interview in terms of interview preparation, I would say firstly relax and don't let your nerves define you as a person. Yes we are all humans and nerves are natural but go into your interview with enthusiasm and a clear open mind.

Easier said than done right! Well here's some news for you. My first interview was the hardest one because I didn't know what to expect but when I sat my literacy and numeracy test I did the best I could to the best of my knowledge and ability. That's all we can do right! When I got through to interview stage I was over the moon and I knew It wasn't over yet I still had to prove myself.

I would advise you to research the role of an Adult Nurse and know it enough to answer any question about the subject and use your transferable skills and personal qualities and skills. Research the specific skills, qualities and personality of your chosen career. Look at what's going in the media for instance shortage of beds in many hospitals at the moment what are the implications of this on patients/ staff, the local community for instance. Know your subject inside and out. They are not expecting you to be an expert but it's useful to know and understand the demands and pressures of a nurse/ midwife and so on.

Also, think about the questions you might be asked and situations that you might encounter working in the healthcare environment. I have also private messaged you! :wink: I hope this helps! Let me know how your interviews go in the meantime.***
Original post by Afuaa

Hi @Afuaa Just realised this is an LSBU thread my apologies, so to correct myself, at LSBU your interview will be an MMI. Please refer to my recent posts above which explains what there like xxx:smile:
***If you have an Adult Nursing interview coming up at LSBU (providing you have passed both the literacy and numeracy tests!!!), please refer below***

The Multiple Mini-Interview Process

The MMI comprises of no more than 6 applicants moving around five individual stations to be interviewed by separate interviewers in a one-to-one face-to-face interview. The starting point for each applicant is different but each interviewer will ask the same question of all five applicants in turn. Four minutes is allowed for each answer and a minute for moving between stations.

In addition, the first interviewer will ask a starter question so the time spent with the first will be eight minutes.

After you have answered the last question you will be given a written question. You will be allowed five minutes to write a short written answer.

Also check out this website it explains it all here: http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/course-finder/adult-nursing-bsc-hons#course_tab_how_to_apply
Does anyone know how long after the course starts, we start placements?
@ShelleyRL How long after we start the course do we start placements??? :h:
@Afuaa How did your interview at LSBU go, I know interviews change all the time to give everyone a fair chance, what was the set up like? Were there stations set up, what about the writing task?

When will you hear the result?

Do you have any more interviews coming up? What's your first choice?

How are you feeling? :smile:
Reply 15
@Afuaa How did your interview at LSBU go, I know interviews change all the time to give everyone a fair chance, what was the set up like? Were there stations set up, what about the writing task?

When will you hear the result?

Do you have any more interviews coming up? What's your first choice?

How are you feeling? :smile:

The setting was just like you said. Am a bit upset because the interview went good just the I didn't really understood the easy question.they said we will hear from them by next Friday
Original post by Afuaa
The setting was just like you said. Am a bit upset because the interview went good just the I didn't really understood the easy question.they said we will hear from them by next Friday

Did you have your interview today? Sometimes answering the questions without thinking about it helps, you listen to the scenario and identify the relevant parts and go with that. I hope you hear soon. :smile:
@nelfran29 could you please private message me some of the interview questions they asked you in the MMI at LSBU I have my interview on Wednesday, really nervous.
Original post by dshantari
@nelfran29 could you please private message me some of the interview questions they asked you in the MMI at LSBU I have my interview on Wednesday, really nervous.

@dshantari Hello, I have now sent you a Private Message and really hope this helps you, Good luck on Wednesday, let me know how it goes:tongue:, I'll be checking in too :smile:

Try not be so nervous, I know it's hard not to be, but try to channel your nerves in a positive way, this will help you perform better, the interviewers are not scary people, and remember it is not a test to see who has the best answers, it's nothing like that, it is not all about what you say, it's also about the way you say something and the passion and enthusiasm in what you're saying. The interviewers may have some sort of checklist, does this person meet the NHS values or those of the NMC, skills, qualities, attitudes, experiences, passion and so on. the list can go on. If you really want this, there's nothing to stop you, be positive, be confident, your an aspiring nursing applicant who has passion and bravery and courage. You can do this!!!!:colondollar:

Where else have you applied to?
@Afuaa Where else did you apply to? Any news from LSBU yet? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending