The Student Room Group

Islamist students in Australian high school threaten to behead teachers

Utterly disgraceful. Islamist students in this Sydney High School threatened to behead non-Muslim teachers and pledged allegiance to ISIS. Police feared that they were becoming radicalised.

Unfortunately, the principal, a left-winger called Mr Griffiths who had converted to Islam in 2014, refused to allow Police Liaison Officers onsite onto the school and removed the school from the (Australian state) New South Wales counter-radicalisation programme.

'Students were being told {by staff} that if "the pigs" stop you, to film them and refuse their directions,' a senior constable told the Daily Telegraph.

Furthermore, Mr Griffiths banned female teachers from the year 12 graduation, presumably both pandering to the Islamist students (wanting to seem cool?) but also out of his own religious convictions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4280164/Muslim-boys-threatened-behead-staff-Sydney-school.html

Unfortunately Mr Griffiths represents everything that is wrong with certain elements of the non-atheist left. Some left-wingers feel the need to be so "accepting" that they basically just allow themselves to be convinced of Islam's "truth" (because that's the polite, multicultural thing to do). No doubt the principal was also telling his students that the West hates Islam and deliberately murders innocent Muslims in the Middle East, thus stoking up their grievances. I wouldn't be surprised if he engaged in anti-semitism.

There must be a full investigation including considering whether charges should be laid against this teacher
(edited 7 years ago)
If he's going to bring religion into his job he's better off going to teach in a Muslim country.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
If he's going to bring religion into his job he's better off going to teach in a Muslim country.

Indeed, though I think it's worse than that. This school is in a highly-Islamic part of Western Sydney called Bankstown. It's also a high crime area with quite a lot of organised crime gangs engaging in drug trafficking, murder-for-hire, car theft and rebirthing, among other things.

As a public boys high school in such an area, this educational institution had a particular responsibility to keep the boys away from violence and Islamist radicalisation. This principal not only failed them, he encouraged their alienation from society, blocked the authorities from implementing counter-radicalisation programmes and introduced an Islamist agenda of gender segregation and subversive, anti-Western ideas into a public high school, all on the taxpayer's dime.

That is outrageous and I believe a prison sentence may be in order.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Indeed, though I think it's worse than that. This school is in a highly-Islamic part of Western Sydney called Bankstown. It's also a high crime area with quite a lot of organised crime gangs engaging in drug trafficking, murder-for-hire, car theft and rebirthing, among other things.

As a public boys high school in such an area, this educational institution had a particular responsibility to keep the boys away from violence and Islamist radicalisation. This principal not only failed them, he encouraged their alienation from society, blocked the authorities from implementing counter-radicalisation programmes and introduced an Islamist agenda of gender segregation and subversive, anti-Western ideas into a public high school, all on the taxpayer's dime.

That is outrageous and I believe a prison sentence may be in order.

Also isn't it illegal for him to ban female teachers?
What's worse is that the previous principal from 2007 to 2014, a Mr Jihad Dib, had actually transformed the school from one riven with violence, gangs, drug-dealing and other issues into a well-performing school with good metrics, a pillar of the community.

In just two years from 2014 to 2016, the well-meaning leftist who had converted to Islam, Mr Griffith, caused the school not only to revert to its violent past, but introduced an Islamist agenda too. This is an outrage.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Also isn't it illegal for him to ban female teachers?

Anti-discrimination laws in New South Wales and Australia are much more limited, and much more targeted, than the superbly and simply-drafted British Equality Act 2010. If banning the female teachers from the graduation can be shown to be a "detriment" then it may be illegal, but it's not clear-cut "less favourable treatment" as is outlawed in UK anti-discrimination law.
Discraceful, people should be doing more to stop this, but many are too scared to say anything negative towards muslims
How on earth did this develop into a collective threat?! It's like the principal created his own platoon!

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2017/03/sacked-australian-principal-wanted-muslim-only-school.html

Anyways, I thought this link would be more credible for tsr given yours is daily mail.

So the good news is Griffith and his deputy is sacked. I have no idea what can be done with terrorist sympathizers esp given that they are minors in the court of law. Whoever appointed Griffith should also come under scrutiny.
Shut the school down.
Original post by AlexanderHam
What's worse is that the previous principal from 2007 to 2014, a Mr Jihad Dib,

Now I know you're ****ing with me :teehee:

Joking aside, it's a pretty ****ed up state of affairs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending