The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From what I gather there seems to a reasonable amount of people who would have no problem with dating transgender...

personally speaking though, I will only date a female who was born a female ... no matter how great a job surgeons can perform these days....
Personally, nope.

But there are some people who actually would, in fact I know one person who does.
Original post by Jesusfaps
No. I will never date a transexual woman because the idea is quite disgusting imo

why so hateful? if you don't want to, then just say you don't want to. have a good day :smile:
Original post by Vitzz33
yeah that's if you don't mind taking a banana up your a**.

you sound about twelve, but thanks for contributing!
No, I would not date a trans person.
Reply 6
Original post by Steljoy
Personally, nope.

But there are some people who actually would, in fact I know one person who does.

Is that number haft?
Reply 7
Original post by sophiedunn565
you sound about twelve, but thanks for contributing!

Oh thanks. Hey, I was messing around.

TBH I really have no opinion, but wish you the best in finding a suitable answer :smile:

Good luck
Reply 8
I am a young transgender woman, and I would honestly like to know, do people find me unattratcive? Is there an automatic turn off about being transgender? I feel like I will never find somebody because of misrepresentation in the media and untrue sterotypes. Will I ever find someone that loves me for who I am inside?

there are definitely people who don't care if you're transgender, hence the recent adoption of the term 'pansexual' as opposed to 'bisexual' to acknowledge the transgender community. there is only an 'automatic turnoff' if the person in question is prejudiced towards transgender people, in which case you're not gonna want to date them anyway.
why so hateful? if you don't want to, then just say you don't want to. have a good day :smile:

Im not hateful, but you were born a man and you still have the genes of a man. It is what it is, I recommend you date another transexual person instead of expecting us cisgendered people to date you and making us feel bad if we dont want to.
Hey!
I'm so sorry people make you feel unattractive.
Personally, if I was a guy and you told me you were transgender I would take time to sink it all in and then try to know you for who you are. But I think in a crowd of so many its hard to see a diamond in the rough, I'm sure you'll find someone who will understand you but it'll just take a lot of time and patience .
I wish you best of luck!
The journey won't be easy and you'll encounter tons of people telling you, " Great job by the surgeon but nah I'll pass" don't let that bother you!
On a side note, I'm not sure if this is a good piece of advice but have you considered looking for any support groups for transgender women which may help you express yourself and possibly feel better after dealing with shitheads?
Im not hateful, but you were born a man and you still have the genes of a man. It is what it is, I recommend you date another transexual person instead of expecting us cisgendered people to date you and making us feel bad if we dont want to.

i do indeed, and i'd give anything to change that. *cisgender, but i don't expect anything except basic respect, which you're clearly lacking in! i'm asking honest questions to a safe community, and don't want to hear your ignorance all over the thread, just honest answers that don't belittle trans people. you're the only one making people feel bad with your ignorance.
i do indeed, and i'd give anything to change that. *cisgender, but i don't expect anything except basic respect, which you're clearly lacking in! i'm asking honest questions to a safe community, and don't want to hear your ignorance all over the thread, just honest answers that don't belittle trans people. you're the only one making people feel bad with your ignorance.

I respect you and would happily advocate for your rights. But I am just pointing out the fact that most people will be uncomfortable with dating transexuals for what I said above. Im not being ignorant nor am I belittling you for being openly honest. I thought we got past the point where transexuals are treated like theyre special, im treating you how id treat anyone and that is with honesty.

If you think my view is ignorant then you'll find most cisgendered people will be ignorant by your standards.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!
I'm so sorry people make you feel unattractive.
Personally, if I was a guy and you told me you were transgender I would take time to sink it all in and then try to know you for who you are. But I think in a crowd of so many its hard to see a diamond in the rough, I'm sure you'll find someone who will understand you but it'll just take a lot of time and patience .
I wish you best of luck!
The journey won't be easy and you'll encounter tons of people telling you, " Great job by the surgeon but nah I'll pass" don't let that bother you!
On a side note, I'm not sure if this is a good piece of advice but have you considered looking for any support groups for transgender women which may help you express yourself and possibly feel better after dealing with shitheads?

What a lovely comment to read! Thank you, and yes I have, but I find lots of them too loud or hard to fit in with my schedule, y'know? Again, thank you for your kindness, it makes my day.
I respect you and would happily advocate for your rights. But I am just pointing out the fact that most people will be uncomfortable with dating transexuals for what I said above. Im not being ignorant nor am I belittling you for being openly honest. I thought we got past the point where transexuals are treated like theyre special, im treating you how id treat anyone and that is with honesty.

If you think my view is ignorant then you'll find most cisgendered people will be ignorant by your standards.

So you would call the idea of dating anyone "quite digusting"? I couldn't be in more agreement, we don't need special treatment. BUt I just really don't appreciate it when people call the idea of dating me disgusting, to be honest. You have the right not to want to date me and I'm not calling you ignorant and belittling for that - I'm calling you that for being so insensitive when I'm trying to find answers to my question, not nasty comments like that because you're not attracted to me. No one else felt the need, so why did you?
I am a young transgender woman, and I would honestly like to know, do people find me unattratcive? Is there an automatic turn off about being transgender? I feel like I will never find somebody because of misrepresentation in the media and untrue sterotypes. Will I ever find someone that loves me for who I am inside?

er no
So you would call the idea of dating anyone "quite digusting"? I couldn't be in more agreement, we don't need special treatment. BUt I just really don't appreciate it when people call the idea of dating me disgusting, to be honest. You have the right not to want to date me and I'm not calling you ignorant and belittling for that - I'm calling you that for being so insensitive when I'm trying to find answers to my question, not nasty comments like that because you're not attracted to me. No one else felt the need, so why did you?

You have the genetics of a man and a relationship inevitably involves sexual contact which I find repulsive. This is just an honest answer, I dont find you disgusting, i just find the thought of sexual interaction disgusting.
You have the genetics of a man and a relationship inevitably involves sexual contact which I find repulsive. This is just an honest answer, I dont find you disgusting, i just find the thought of sexual interaction disgusting.

so your asexual?
Original post by coupdetat_
I would not get within a 10 meter radius to you nevermind date you.

thank you for that lovely comment, but would you like to say that to me in person? didn't think so :wink:

Fair enough, maybe I misunderstood your comment. Thanks for your honesty!

Latest

Trending

Trending