The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kingal001
Could I ask, how many people on here are waiting to here back from St. Andews?

I am - Scottish applicant for film and social antrhopology. I applied November 23rd ☺️
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by wolfmoon88
Have ya'll just been lurking around :lol:

I won't lie, I've been checking the thread nearly everyday since UCAS opened 😂😂
Original post by hayley.m19

Damn since UCAS opened in Sept? :eek2:

I wasn't even around then :moon:
Have ya'll just been lurking around :lol:

Always :biggrin:
Damn since UCAS opened in Sept? :eek2:

I wasn't even around then :moon:

Yeah, I wanted to find other people applying for my course or people looking into the same accommodation as me
Yeah, I wanted to find other people applying for my course or people looking into the same accommodation as me

That's cool :smile: what accom are you looking into?
Have any EU students heard from Geography? I applied start of October and the only thing I've received is a scholarship email!!
Original post by simone0110
I hope that I do not annoy anyone as I am whining for quite a while now :biggrin: I am still waiting to hear back for chemistry with medicinal chemistry, I am from the EU and I applied around mid to end of december.

What about you?

I'm still waiting too. I applied early October, I think, and am just waiting now on St Andrews... for Economics and Geography.

Ensuite self-catered. I'd rather be in Fife Park or Agnes Blackadder over David Russel. Are you looking into student accommodation?
Ensuite self-catered. I'd rather be in Fife Park or Agnes Blackadder over David Russel. Are you looking into student accommodation?

Coool :tongue: I am definitely looking at student accom but still deciding whether to go for catered or self-catered :lol: will continue to look at all the accom options :redface:
Reply 1390
me, EU student waiting for Classical Studies and International Relations. I applied mid November....
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm still waiting, RUK student applied for Modern History on October 12th

Hi guys, how is it going?
About accommodation, do we apply for it now? Or when is the application for it? I am a little confused?
Cheers :smile:

Me too :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Mikhail1710
Hi guys, how is it going?
About accommodation, do we apply for it now? Or when is the application for it? I am a little confused?
Cheers :smile:

The form is available online from the start of April. I think you're gaurenteed accommodation as long as you apply by the 30th of June. Id assume they'll send an email to us when it's time to apply. What accommodation are you thinking of applying for? :smile:
The form is available online from the start of April. I think you're gaurenteed accommodation as long as you apply by the 30th of June. Id assume they'll send an email to us when it's time to apply. What accommodation are you thinking of applying for? :smile:

I honestly don't know :biggrin:. I have still not read about the accommodations part in any Uni :p:D.
What accommodation are you trying for though?
So, the deadline for applying for accommodation is 30th June?

Thankyou :smile:. See you
Original post by Mikhail1710
I honestly don't know :biggrin:. I have still not read about the accommodations part in any Uni :p:D.
What accommodation are you trying for though?
So, the deadline for applying for accommodation is 30th June?

Thankyou :smile:. See you

Self-catered ensuite but I'd settle for ensuite catered. You might be able to apply after June 30th but the website says that's the last day for guaranteed accommodation so it's safer to apply before then ☺️
Hey guys have any English deferral students for Psychology heard back yet?
Does anyone of you understand how one should complete the financial profile?

If so, would anyone be so kind to give me some instructions (I am a dependent student)? I am struggeling with the english expressions and I can't find good translations for them:frown:

Is Salary (PAYE) your annual income in net or in gross?
What does "private pensions" mean? And how is this different from state pension?
Is private pension just the money you saved, so do you have to tell how much money you own in general? I guess state pension is the money you get from the state after you retired. Do you have to say how much money you (your parents) will get when they retire or do you just have to included that, when youre parents already retired and get the money right now?
And what does "working tax credit" mean?

Would be extremly great if someone could help me with all this and explain what it means, I don't quite get our german system but the english one is VERY confusing:redface:
Original post by simone0110
Does anyone of you understand how one should complete the financial profile?

If so, would anyone be so kind to give me some instructions (I am a dependent student)? I am struggeling with the english expressions and I can't find good translations for them:frown:

Is Salary (PAYE) your annual income in net or in gross?
What does "private pensions" mean? And how is this different from state pension?
Is private pension just the money you saved, so do you have to tell how much money you own in general? I guess state pension is the money you get from the state after you retired. Do you have to say how much money you (your parents) will get when they retire or do you just have to included that, when youre parents already retired and get the money right now?
And what does "working tax credit" mean?

Would be extremly great if someone could help me with all this and explain what it means, I don't quite get our german system but the english one is VERY confusing:redface:

Your salary is your net salary based on how much you should earn each year. Private pension is a seperate system (normally comes from an external company) where you pay towards a pension that you'll get when you retire. It's not your personal savings so you don't need to worry about that. State pension is what you get from paying national insurance and tax - the government pays that. As far as I'm aware this also includes any work pension you get. Working tax credits won't apply to you as it's only those in Britain that get them. They're essentially extra money that lower income families get.

I'm not great at this stuff so I wouldn't take what I've said as 100% gospel but that's the basis I used when filing mine out. Hope that helps ☺️
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending