The Student Room Group

Lipa 2017

Hey,
I've been given a place at LIPA, starting this September (2017) studying Theatre Performance and Technology. Just wondered if there was anybody else out there studying the same course, or even just going to LIPA in September! I've also booked my accommodation at Grenville Street so wondered if there was any other LIPA students staying there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!! I've got an interview for the same course in 2 weeks!! I was wondering if you could say what the interview was like and what they asked you? I'm bricking it 😬😬
Reply 2
Hey! That's cool, I was nervous before mine so stuttered loads during it but just took my time and they were fine who I got. The interview was about 5-10 mins long with 2 people. They asked me questions like what makes you want to come to LIPA, where do you see yourself in 10 years time, what do you look forward to the most doing at LIPA, as well as questions such as what's the most inspirational thing you've heard. You'll also need to remember your portfolio because a lot of the time I remember talking about images that I had brought of previous productions. Hopefully this helps! I can't remember my interview very well but I remember those questions standing out! Good Luck!
Reply 3
Original post by DanBradley98
Hey! That's cool, I was nervous before mine so stuttered loads during it but just took my time and they were fine who I got. The interview was about 5-10 mins long with 2 people. They asked me questions like what makes you want to come to LIPA, where do you see yourself in 10 years time, what do you look forward to the most doing at LIPA, as well as questions such as what's the most inspirational thing you've heard. You'll also need to remember your portfolio because a lot of the time I remember talking about images that I had brought of previous productions. Hopefully this helps! I can't remember my interview very well but I remember those questions standing out! Good Luck!

Hi again!! Thank you for your reply, I got in! I'm currently being put in a room at grenville street too, it's not with any LIPA students but it's good to know there are some there I guess hahaha
Reply 4
Hi, That's great! Well done! I went down to see the accomodation a few weeks ago and it's nice! I'm with another LIPA student in my flat but don't know them yet. Yeah I heard they have quite a few LIPA people applied to live there's so nice to know that it's not all LJMU or UOL!
Hey I've applied to LIPA too for music and I had my audition two weeks ago, just wondering how long it took for LIPA to let you know if you'd gotten in because I keep refreshing my emails and I've got nothing yet! Thank you xx
Reply 6
Original post by hollyharrigan_
Hey I've applied to LIPA too for music and I had my audition two weeks ago, just wondering how long it took for LIPA to let you know if you'd gotten in because I keep refreshing my emails and I've got nothing yet! Thank you xx

Hiya!!
I had my interview then found out the week after but I think it's a lot quicker because we don't have to audition! I got a letter instead of an email too so watch out for that aswell xx
Original post by Parks99
Hiya!!
I had my interview then found out the week after but I think it's a lot quicker because we don't have to audition! I got a letter instead of an email too so watch out for that aswell xx

Oh that makes sense, thank you !!
Reply 8
Original post by hollyharrigan_
Oh that makes sense, thank you !!

Yeah mine was about the same although I found out on UCAS first, then received a letter.
Reply 9
Hey,
Do you guys have facebook, then we could set up a messenger group chat as I find it easier than TSR to be honest. Could then add more people to it that are doing Theatre Performance and Tech etc. Just a thought?
Reply 10
Hey,
Do you guys have facebook, then we could set up a messenger group chat as I find it easier than TSR to be honest. Could then add more people to it that are doing Theatre Performance and Tech etc. Just a thought?

Yeah I do but it won't let me link it, if you can manage to link yours I'll add it?
Reply 12
Hey I'll be joining LIPA in september on the Applied Theatre course, is anyone staying in Cathedral Campus?? :smile:
Hey! Nice see you around! I looked at Cathedral Campus but rang them up to book one of the Saturn rooms (I think that's the one with en-suite) and they said they were sold out!?
Reply 15
Hey,
I've been given a place at LIPA, starting this September (2017) studying Theatre Performance and Technology. Just wondered if there was anybody else out there studying the same course, or even just going to LIPA in September! I've also booked my accommodation at Grenville Street so wondered if there was any other LIPA students staying there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been offered a place to do Theatre Design at LIPA.
Hi,
Sweet see you there, have you got accomodation yet?
Reply 17
Hi,
Sweet see you there, have you got accomodation yet?

I haven't got accommodation yet. Have you? They said they would send me a pack soon but I've heard it's already really full
Original post by Chloewj
I haven't got accommodation yet. Have you? They said they would send me a pack soon but I've heard it's already really full

Hi,
Yeah ive got accomodation at Grenville Street. Im also waiting for the pack, although places are filling up ive heard. I looked at Cathedral Campus but they told me the ensuite rooms were sold out then released more rooms for rent after i booked grenville street but im happy with my decision as its a nice place. Would reccomend you have a look if im honest! Theres some places on the LIPA Website that are nearby, thats where i found Grenville.
Reply 19
Hi,
Yeah ive got accomodation at Grenville Street. Im also waiting for the pack, although places are filling up ive heard. I looked at Cathedral Campus but they told me the ensuite rooms were sold out then released more rooms for rent after i booked grenville street but im happy with my decision as its a nice place. Would reccomend you have a look if im honest! Theres some places on the LIPA Website that are nearby, thats where i found Grenville.

Okay awesome. I'll have a loop tomorrow. Sorry for the slow replies I was in work. Also I am Chloe in that fb chat 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending