The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohit5148
I go to a grammar school, the new students who joined our sixth form wanted to go back to their old school because the teaching at mine was absolute sheit compared to their old comp.

Our school thrives off the success of the student's own effort, simply put, you cannot rely on the teaching at my school to get you even an A, yet we have 99% A*-C at GCSE.

It's literally the same at my school. Some of the teachers are so bad that i learn more on the lessons where they aren't there and i read the textbook to learn a topic. And that's in a private school. Although what I can say is an advantage is the preparation they gave me and all the other medical applicants in terms of UKCAT, BMAT and interviews.
Reply 1761
Declined :/
Original post by tombnm
Declined :/

pre interview??
Reply 1763
post interview - ucas said that either my application was unsuccessful, or that they already have filled all places (?)
Reply 1764
Original post by tombnm
post interview - ucas said that either my application was unsuccessful, or that they already have filled all places (?)

When was your interview ?
Reply 1765
Invitation - 8/12/2016
Interview (I chose myself the date) - 21/02/2017
Original post by tombnm

Sorry to hear this, good luck with the rest of your application!
Reply 1767
Original post by Quarrdent
Sorry to hear this, good luck with the rest of your application!

Thanks :wink: anyway I'm probably gonna go to sleep now. Good luck to the rest of you who are still fighting :smile:
ummmm.... how awkward imperial clearly forgot about my application hahaha. My interview was on 8th feb and I finally emailed them today, almost a month later, and they finally sent me an email for an offer!!
Reply 1769
Original post by feverrush
ummmm.... how awkward imperial clearly forgot about my application hahaha. My interview was on 8th feb and I finally emailed them today, almost a month later, and they finally sent me an email for an offer!!

congrats!!!
Original post by feverrush

What was your bmat ?
This week they received invitations to interview?
Heya guys, I have an offers from Cambridge, Imperial and Barts. I'm going to firm Cambridge but can't decide on who to insure- any of you guys got opinions on Imperial or Barts?
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Heya guys, I have an offers from Cambridge, Imperial and Barts. I'm going to firm Cambridge but can't decide on who to insure- any of you guys got opinions on Imperial or Barts?

That's fantastic!
I know Imperial's offer is A*AA, if Bart's has a lower offer then you should probably insure Bart's, that's the whole point of an insurance right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the chances of still getting in after missing your offer and getting an AAA or A*(in maths)AA in results day when the offer was A*(bio/chem)AA? Has anyone been accepted after just missing their offer before?
For people who had interviews. How long did it take for you to hear the outcome ?
Original post by Senthil Patel
For people who had interviews. How long did it take for you to hear the outcome ?

8 days
Reply 1777
Original post by j_akoro
8 days

offer ?
Original post by mz123
offer ?

yes
Reply 1779
did anyone who had an interview on 28th feb hear back ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending