The Student Room Group

BIMM London 2017 September

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cherry82
Hey everyone, I've applied to their vocals course but I'm now thinking of switching to Music Business. How does everyone feel about the music college? After reading the reviews online I've been a bit scared to go. When I went to their open day, I asked for the grade statistics to have an idea on the passing rates and they said nothing was recorded, that I should email for more information. I need a 2:1 for a masters teaching course which was I asked. I'm just hoping if I do go, I could do well with great support.

its good to look up reviews about the college because then you have an insight but do remeber that every experience is different therefore i dont think you should cloud your judgments on others experiences at BIMM because yours will possibly be different so give it a go (the audition) and who knows what'll happen

whats made you go from vocals to music business? im intruiged :smile:, in terms of passing rate emailing them to ask would be the best option.

you will do just fine! believe in yourself and nothing will stand in the way X
Reply 21
Hey :-) I am Tiziana, I am 23 and I currently live in Milan.
I just received my offer for the BIMM songwriting course starting in October 2017.
I received one for London and Brighton and am not sure about how to decide.
It feels like most people tent to Brighton which leaves me wondering, if that location is any better regarding tutors etc..
anyway, Nice to meet some people that will be at Bimm next year too :-)
Reply 22
Original post by amaraa
Hey :-) I am Tiziana, I am 23 and I currently live in Milan.
I just received my offer for the BIMM songwriting course starting in October 2017.
I received one for London and Brighton and am not sure about how to decide.
It feels like most people tent to Brighton which leaves me wondering, if that location is any better regarding tutors etc..
anyway, Nice to meet some people that will be at Bimm next year too :-)

Hi Tiziana :smile:
i have no idea what the difference , im going to London because i live down here and the music scene is so diverse :smile: and same to you too! let us where you decide to go when you've made the descision!
Reply 23
Original post by HJGN
Hi Guys!,

I'm 19 and i'm about to send my UCAS off to apply for the music production degree in London for this year so fingers crossed.

Ive only recently decided to apply and don't know much about this potential new BIMM accomodation? is that going to be finished by october?

If not, i've been looking at accomodation, and whitechapel is where im looking at. Its the other side of the city, and its a 35m journey on the tube to Fulham broadway, where BIMM is, with no changes and thats quite a quick journey. Majority are house and flat shares but its cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

hope this helps

Henry

Hey Henry, I have also applied for the music production degree. Have you had any news on whether you have been given a place or not? It'd be nice to hear back from someone else who is also doing music production :smile:
Hey guys, I also got an offer from BIMM, for the vocal course in October. However, I'm kind of stressed out about the whole accommodation thing, since I live in Sweden and there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be done before I move as well. I've noticed that it's pretty hard for everyone to find a place to live, but if anyone is looking for a room mate or got any good tips on how to find a place to live or whatever, I'd be grateful! I'm just a 18 year old swede who sings so give me a message if you know anything or just want to :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by viktormaki
Hey guys, I also got an offer from BIMM, for the vocal course in October. However, I'm kind of stressed out about the whole accommodation thing, since I live in Sweden and there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be done before I move as well. I've noticed that it's pretty hard for everyone to find a place to live, but if anyone is looking for a room mate or got any good tips on how to find a place to live or whatever, I'd be grateful! I'm just a 18 year old swede who sings so give me a message if you know anything or just want to :smile:

Hiyaa :smile: yeah it can be quite difficult to find a place and especially coming from abroad can added extra strain on the process :/ im sure you'll find somewhere though, BIMM is mean't to be adding a group page for the 17/18 students to look for rommates go shoot them an email and ask them about it, i think it'll help you a lot
Reply 26
Hi guys :smile:

Just quick update that i might not be going to BIMM, a few weeks ago i went to ACM i had a tour and audition and they won me over, i feel like ACM will have a lot more to offer me X i think BIMM, ACM and ICMP can give you a lot of opportunities so there isn't no college better than the other if you work hard and are determined enough then you can get something major out of it and be successful out of any three but ACM did win me over so i've chosen ACM as my firm and BIMM as my insurance. By gods grace i can get into ACM (conditional offer) but if not i'll still be happy with BIMM :smile:
Hey.

I'm 18 and got an offer for Music production at BIMM London to start in September. Everyone post their names on Facebook we'll add each other and start a Facebook group chat, if there isn't one already? For accommodation I'm thinking of just a renting a room in a shared flat/house- it's the cheapest way to live in London and all I really need is a bed and desk! E.g. Rooms on SpareRoom.com and EasyRoommate Get back to me on the Facebook thing x
Original post by kadi_x
Hi guys :smile:

Just quick update that i might not be going to BIMM, a few weeks ago i went to ACM i had a tour and audition and they won me over, i feel like ACM will have a lot more to offer me X i think BIMM, ACM and ICMP can give you a lot of opportunities so there isn't no college better than the other if you work hard and are determined enough then you can get something major out of it and be successful out of any three but ACM did win me over so i've chosen ACM as my firm and BIMM as my insurance. By gods grace i can get into ACM (conditional offer) but if not i'll still be happy with BIMM :smile:

Are you talking about ACM in Guildford or Clapham? I've got offers from both BIMM london and ACM london and am stuck in between, can't decide!!! Music production!
Reply 29
Hey Gregory and that would be really cool to do a Facebook Group! I'm also talking about ACM in Clapham
My Facebook is Kadi Kemersia so add me in the Facebook chat when it get's created
I added you. We need all the people who posted on here to post their Facebook too so a group chat can happen guyssss :smile:
Hey guys, I'm going to be starting Music Business In the summer at Bimm London. Would love to talk to some people who will also be at Bimm! As for how music started with me, I decided to make a charity single called "Beautiful". Completely exceeded my expectations: Got in the UK iTunes Top 40, played at festivals etc. I now manage an EDM duo called Uplink. We've got over 3 million views this year.

Send me a message! :smile: Would love to chat.
Reply 32
wow thats sick Matt! props to you for your success, I'll be at ACM this coming year but there's a facebook chat and the majority are going to BIMM so if you post your facebook we can add you inn
Facebook: /MattLillywhite69
Original post by kadi_x
wow thats sick Matt! props to you for your success, I'll be at ACM this coming year but there's a facebook chat and the majority are going to BIMM so if you post your facebook we can add you inn

Hey Kadi
I see you're applying for acm london. Im really stuck for where to go so I am just trying to get opinions from other people...
Where else did you apply to and what made you decide to choose ACM? :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Nicole129
Hey Kadi
I see you're applying for acm london. Im really stuck for where to go so I am just trying to get opinions from other people...
Where else did you apply to and what made you decide to choose ACM? :smile:

Hey Nicole :smile: yeah i'll be going to ACM this year to study Commercial Songwriting.
I've also applied to BIMM and ICMP but i've made ACM my firm choice and BIMM my insurance choice.

Honestly it was a really hard descision because i've been set on BIMM since Year 11 and i went to BIMM for the open days twice and it felt right there but when i went to ACM they made me re-think. The numbers are lower than BIMM, there was around 100 students last year and their boosting it to 400 but compared to BIMM they have way more students which i feel make's it a lot harder for 1 to 1 sessions and other sessions they may have. They have a lot of cool opportunities which BIMM also has and im not sure if BIMM does this but your allowed to go to other lectures aswell as the course you study. I had a quiet talk with one of the lectures that left BIMM to go to ACM because there was too many in a class and its oversatured which i dont really want, fair enough more people means more connections but at the same time there are negatives to it so it depends on your prefrence.

In conclusion i feel it really doesn't matter where you end up, if it's BIMM, ACM or ICMP they offer the same with little difference and it's how you make it and its up to you to put in the hardwork, seriousness and determination to exceed whatever your goals are when entering these music colleges.

Whatever you choose you'll do amazingly as long as your serious about music :smile: what course are you applying to?
Heyy,I'm applying to BA(Hons) professional musicianship and i need to write APEL essat, do you have any tips? How to write really good one? And what is important while writing APEL essay?have you ever wrote APEL essat? If anyone knows anything ,please let me know 🙂🙂
Original post by kadi_x
Hey Nicole :smile: yeah i'll be going to ACM this year to study Commercial Songwriting.
I've also applied to BIMM and ICMP but i've made ACM my firm choice and BIMM my insurance choice.

Honestly it was a really hard descision because i've been set on BIMM since Year 11 and i went to BIMM for the open days twice and it felt right there but when i went to ACM they made me re-think. The numbers are lower than BIMM, there was around 100 students last year and their boosting it to 400 but compared to BIMM they have way more students which i feel make's it a lot harder for 1 to 1 sessions and other sessions they may have. They have a lot of cool opportunities which BIMM also has and im not sure if BIMM does this but your allowed to go to other lectures aswell as the course you study. I had a quiet talk with one of the lectures that left BIMM to go to ACM because there was too many in a class and its oversatured which i dont really want, fair enough more people means more connections but at the same time there are negatives to it so it depends on your prefrence.

In conclusion i feel it really doesn't matter where you end up, if it's BIMM, ACM or ICMP they offer the same with little difference and it's how you make it and its up to you to put in the hardwork, seriousness and determination to exceed whatever your goals are when entering these music colleges.

Whatever you choose you'll do amazingly as long as your serious about music :smile: what course are you applying to?

Hi Kadi, I'm going to ACM London in September too, what's your Facebook and I'll add you! I agree with everything you said about BIMM. I went to look around both BIMM and ACM recently and preferred the latter. They say they've given out over 200 offers for ACM for this year's entry, but I doubt that many will actually go, which I am glad about as it'll make it much easier to get one to ones and it won't be as busy. At ACM you can also use ACM guildford's facilities, booking rooms and booking onto their master classes which seems really good.

Original post by Auksiukia
Heyy,I'm applying to BA(Hons) professional musicianship and i need to write APEL essat, do you have any tips? How to write really good one? And what is important while writing APEL essay?have you ever wrote APEL essat? If anyone knows anything ,please let me know 🙂🙂

I enquired about the APEL essay too as I might not get the entry requirements for my course, it is just a sample of your writing ability to see if you are able to do a degree and whether or not you'll have to do a foundation year/ diploma first etc. I'm not sure what you'll have to write about but I'm assuming it'll be linked to your course, I did an essay for another university and had to write about a music technology topic
Original post by kadi_x

Thank you for this! :smile:
I didn't know you can go to other course lectures at acm, thats really good! I have applied to study creative music technology but i was quite hesitant towards acm because i wanted to do performance as well.
ACM is actually the only college I have applied to. My other main choice is music tech with performance at West London uni.
Hello guys! I'm Liam and have been offered a place on the music production course starting in October. I was wondering if a facebook group exists that I can join to get to know other people that will be attending.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending