The Student Room Group

Trip to America

Hi everyone, next summer i'd love to visit the US but I dont really know for how many days I should and what cities to visit. The places that mostly attract me are Cali especially LA, Florida especially Miami, NY and Vegas. To all of you that have been there and have experience I am wondering what would be the best way to visit all those places at once, wouldnt mind to visit only two of those as long as it is not only one place because that will easily become boring. I even thought about renting a car in FL and CA, but I wanna hear some perspectives first. Also would 2k per person be enough for a trip to the US considering I have seen some cheap flights from gatwick by norwegian airlines...Ive seen as cheap as £180 one way...
So much of America to see, and yet people just keep visiting Vegas, New York and LA.

Shame.
Reply 2
Hi I'm currently living in the states so I might be able to help a bit.

Sorry, but I'm not sure how practical visiting Florida (far East coast) and California (west coast) would be in one trip. It takes about 5-6 hours to fly across the country and we don't exactly have cheap airlines for domestic flights like there are in the UK. For example, in the UK you can take an easy jet from Luton to Edinburgh for about 50 quid, but to fly from one end of the US to the other using the most comparable airline to easy jet (maybe Southwest) would be around $400 to $500 per person especially during the summer. If you want to take a trip to the US, I would advise that you stay on one coast, or region. I would say the east coast would be much more fun and easier to travel around through because there are a lot of relatively small states with lots of cool attractions pretty close together. You could start in Boston, which is a lovely place and very underrated, and move south to New York, then into the Carolinas if you fancy the American south, and from their go into Florida. I'd say this would all be doable in about 1.5 to 2 weeks. Of course, you could stretch this out longer if you like as well.
When I went to New York (okay it was over new year) that trip cost us about 3 grand. Hotels are EXPENSIVE and will massively eat into your budget, add in food and tips and you won't be left with much..
Also the way the dollar rates going at the moment things are likely to end up being more expensive

Quick Reply

Latest