The Student Room Group

EDIP Civil Service Internship 2017

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here has gotten though to the telephone interviews this year? Mine's Feb 21st and I'm nervous! How are people gonna prepare for it?
Original post by louderthanlove
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here has gotten though to the telephone interviews this year? Mine's Feb 21st and I'm nervous! How are people gonna prepare for it?

Moved into the job section.

Hey, my interview's tomorrow and I'm quite nervous too. I'm going to go over the competencies and just make sure I've got why I want to apply to the EDIP and Civil Service down. I'll let you know how it goes, and good luck with your interview too!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi again! I just had my interview and the lady on the phone was really nice so that made me much calmer. I don't know if it went well, but it was quite a structured interview. We talked about general stuff, like why you're interested in the EDIP and then we basically went through the 4 competencies and you were asked to give an example for each. I didn't feel as though there were any glaring surprises or questions completely out of the ordinary. I don't think they're trying to scare us, just make us as comfortable as possible, so I'm sure you'll do fine!
Original post by etherealinsanity
Hi again! I just had my interview and the lady on the phone was really nice so that made me much calmer. I don't know if it went well, but it was quite a structured interview. We talked about general stuff, like why you're interested in the EDIP and then we basically went through the 4 competencies and you were asked to give an example for each. I didn't feel as though there were any glaring surprises or questions completely out of the ordinary. I don't think they're trying to scare us, just make us as comfortable as possible, so I'm sure you'll do fine!

Hey, sorry for the late response and thanks for letting me know! My interview is on the 16th, it was on the 21st but then they said they had a lack of assessors and so they moved me forward. I hope it went well for you! Did the interviewer say when we'll likely know if we got in? Also, did it last the whole 30-35 minutes that it was meant to? Sorry for all of the questions :colondollar:
Hey, sorry for the late response and thanks for letting me know! My interview is on the 16th, it was on the 21st but then they said they had a lack of assessors and so they moved me forward. I hope it went well for you! Did the interviewer say when we'll likely know if we got in? Also, did it last the whole 30-35 minutes that it was meant to? Sorry for all of the questions :colondollar:

Hey, that's okay! The interviewer just said that we'd known in due course and that they'd make the decision once everyone had had their interview. Since yours has been moved forward, I wonder if that means they'll decide faster now? It lasted just slightly under 30 minutes (maybe 28 minutes if you wanted an exact answer?) but it felt quite quick and very much like a natural conversation, other than my interviewer taking down a couple of notes. I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi
Has anyone heard back yet?
Original post by JustAGuyy
Hi
Has anyone heard back yet?

Hi, i just got an email saying that I was invited to the opening reception

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AfroBella
Hi, i just got an email saying that I was invited to the opening reception

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!
Have you been told which department you're in?
Reply 9
yup same got that email tooo
I got one too but the link to confirm attendance isn't working for me. Well done everyone! (That's not meant to be patronising or anything, sorry)
Thanks! The venue just says Foreign and commonwealth office

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got one too but the link to confirm attendance isn't working for me. Well done everyone! (That's not meant to be patronising or anything, sorry)

Same i emailed them and they confirmed it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same i emailed them and they confirmed it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got mine confirmed too :smile:
Just got mine confirmed too :smile:

What location have they put you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What location have they put you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't been assigned to a department yet if that's what you're asking? I just filled in the form specifying which ones I'd like to work in. What about you?
What department did everyone get?
Original post by JustAGuyy
What department did everyone get?

I got the National Offender Management Service. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending