The Student Room Group

Stirling Uni - Social work second stage task??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alg190199
okay thanks, that doesnt sound too bad!

Hey! I had mine yesterday! They just put 12 mins on a timer and say "discuss" they don't lead it in any way so it's quite relaxed! They just sit and watch you
Original post by Caitlin21x
Hey! I had mine yesterday! They just put 12 mins on a timer and say "discuss" they don't lead it in any way so it's quite relaxed! They just sit and watch you

Hey, Thats so good, thanks so much!
Original post by Steph1x
I have been invited to an admissions event, at the event there will be a written assessment and a group interview.

Have you had your Cali interview yet? If so how was it?
Reply 83
Have you had your Cali interview yet? If so how was it?

Not yet I go on the 9th, not sure what to expect
Original post by Steph1x
Not yet I go on the 9th, not sure what to expect

I go on the 10th! Good luck :smile:!
I go on the 10th! Good luck :smile:!

I'm going on the 10th too
Original post by asia richford
I'm going on the 10th too

From 10-3? Have you heard from anyone that's been yet?
From 10-3? Have you heard from anyone that's been yet?

Yeah I'm going at that time. Nope don't know anyone that's been yet. I'm sooo nervous
So glad I found this ! Any one being accepted yet?
Reply 89
Original post by Chloerice2606
So glad I found this ! Any one being accepted yet?

Nope not heard a thing, have you?
Original post by Steph1x

From uws? I haven't heard anything
Original post by Steph1x

NO! It's killing me lol
Original post by Chloerice2606
NO! It's killing me lol

Does anyone know when we will hear?
Reply 93
Anyone been to there Cali interview yet? How was it? I'm so nervous
Had Cali interview on Saturday and tbh it kind of put me off that uni, I thought it was going to be my first choice but the lady who gave the talk about the degree etc was very blunt and didn't exactly give a welcoming feel to the university, saying "we are not your friends, we are your tutors" and just not making it sound that friendly a department haha so that's left me feeling a bit confused
Reply 95
Original post by chunkyandfunky
Had Cali interview on Saturday and tbh it kind of put me off that uni, I thought it was going to be my first choice but the lady who gave the talk about the degree etc was very blunt and didn't exactly give a welcoming feel to the university, saying "we are not your friends, we are your tutors" and just not making it sound that friendly a department haha so that's left me feeling a bit confused

Aw really, that's not good! They were my first choice aswell but I think I'm more swinging towards Stirling now 😀 How did you get on other than that? I'm nervous about the group interview because I don't have a clue what to expect lol

That doesn't sound good!! I have my group interview on Friday not looking forward to it
Original post by Steph1x
Aw really, that's not good! They were my first choice aswell but I think I'm more swinging towards Stirling now 😀 How did you get on other than that? I'm nervous about the group interview because I don't have a clue what to expect lol

Written part was fine, just the usual General bits about your motivation to be a social worker and understanding of values, but the group interview was hard because there were 8 people discussing a topic within like 15-20 mins and can be very hard to get a word in edgeways without interrupting people
Written part was fine, just the usual General bits about your motivation to be a social worker and understanding of values, but the group interview was hard because there were 8 people discussing a topic within like 15-20 mins and can be very hard to get a word in edgeways without interrupting people

How long did you get for the written part?was there enough time to write everything you wanted to? Has anyone heard back from uws yet?
Reply 99
How long did you get for the written part?was there enough time to write everything you wanted to? Has anyone heard back from uws yet?

The written part was 30 mins, wasn't to bad. But the group discussion was quite hard as everyone has to try and say something but was hard at times to try get your own points in. Nope haven't heard from Uws yet

Quick Reply

Latest