The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Accommodation and Northumbria University

I'm studying geography at Northumbria in September (2017) and was wondering what the best accommodation was for someone who wants a flat with lots of people and a great social life.
Thanks
Reply 1
Have a look into Knoll Court. It's privately owned halls which includes facilities such as en suite bathrooms, laundry on site, 50mb internet, 24/7 gated security, all bills included and is only £101 per week!
http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/residency/knoll-court/
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by bbvii
Have a look into Knoll Court. It's privately owned halls which includes facilities such as en suite bathrooms, laundry on site, 50mb internet, 24/7 gated security, all bills included and is only £101 per week!
http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/residency/knoll-court/

Thank You, do you know if the accommodation is for any students, or Northumbria student specifically ?
Reply 3
Original post by FIHW
Thank You, do you know if the accommodation is for any students, or Northumbria student specifically ?

I believe it's for any students, but don't quote me on that. It is mainly Northumbria students however, as it used to be owned by the university.
Reply 4
Original post by bbvii
I believe it's for any students, but don't quote me on that. It is mainly Northumbria students however, as it used to be owned by the university.

Thats good, I will have a look at it Thankyou :smile:
Original post by FIHW
Thats good, I will have a look at it Thankyou :smile:

Good Morning FIHW,
Would you like some more information on Knoll Court, Newcastle?
We accept students from both Northumbria University & Newcastle University!

If so please drop us an email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks
Amy
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by The Student Housing Company
Good Morning FIHW,
Would you like some more information on Knoll Court, Newcastle?
We accept students from both Northumbria University & Newcastle University!

If so please drop us an email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks
Amy

Thank You
Reply 7
Original post by FIHW

Hi, I'm starting this year too and everyone says dont do private accommodation for the first year, you would want to be on campus, no extra hassle, and it would be more complicated since its the first year, after second year you can but yeah first year and doing private accommodation instead of accommodation offered by the uni isnt a good choice.
Reply 8
Original post by tbeyan
Hi, I'm starting this year too and everyone says dont do private accommodation for the first year, you would want to be on campus, no extra hassle, and it would be more complicated since its the first year, after second year you can but yeah first year and doing private accommodation instead of accommodation offered by the uni isnt a good choice.

They're usually referring to private houses, not halls. Knoll Court is a halls of residence and is actually closer than some uni halls, plus is great value for money.
Uni halls or private halls are both good, from what I have seen the private halls in general have better facilities and nicer flats while the uni halls have a bit of better social side to them. I've been in private halls for my first year and I wouldn't say my social life has been lacking at all, either is good I would just focus on the facilities you want then narrow it down to a few good looking places.
Hi,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.

You might want to take a look at The Shield student accommodation building in Shieldfield, an 18 minute walk away from campus.

We're a brand new building so you would be the first to live there. We've got both Studios and Cluster apartments, and lots of social rooms like a gym and cinema room so you can get involved in a whole host of events.

Like our Facebook page to have a look at our pictures and competitions:
@TheShieldUK

If you’re interested, check out our website: www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/theshield

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Lucy @ The Shield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending