The Student Room Group

Oral Health Sciences, UHI 2017 intake

Hi everyone,
I am starting the OHS at UHI in the Inverness campus in September 2017. Just wanted to start a group here for all my new class mates:biggrin:.VERY VERY excited.
Please post here if you have got a place too so we can get to know each other even before we start our course :smile:
Hi! I'm starting in Inverness in September too :biggrin: It seems so long away!!
Reply 2
Original post by cairi80
Hi! I'm starting in Inverness in September too :biggrin: It seems so long away!!

I know, I am so eager to start too :smile:
Hopefully the months will fly by...
What's your background? Are you from the areas? Questions questions haha! :smile:
Reply 4
Hehe,
I have dental nursing experience:smile: and I will be relocating from the south of England :-) what is your background etc?
I've accepted my offer today and currently researching the funding options :-)
Ah cool :biggrin: Wow, bit of a change moving up here from the South of England :smile: I live close to Inverness so will be commuting in every day. If you need any info about the area etc, then feel free to ask!

I'm a primary school teacher at the moment, but studied health sciences at uni years ago...
Reply 6
I know it's a bit far ... but I envisaged moving to Scotland long time ago :wink: so it's more like a dream come truth 😃 And anyway 12 years ago I moved over from abroad so I have a slight idea of what it is like 😁

Have you got an idea on the rental market within a commuting distance of Inverness? I am either going to look for a private room just for myself or a small house or a flat with a garden if my husband will join me from the beginning :smile: ( we also have 2 doggies and a cat which makes things a little more difficult when it comes to landlords:-(
Wow, it seems like a bid change for you too.... so what made you come back to dentistry if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 7 years ago)
Good choice, it's great living up here :biggrin:

Aw, I have two dogs as well, no cat though! What breed have you got? There are lots of places within 20 minutes/half an hour of Inverness that you'll find places to rent. I live on the Black Isle which is about 20 minutes away and pretty rural - It's great for dog walking. There are loads of places in Inverness as well, Culloden is pretty close to the hospital. Try gumtree for renting and the local papers' websites, the Highland News and Inverness Courier.

Yes, a bit of a change for me too! I had to withdraw from health-related studies because of my own health :/ Really looking forward to getting back into it :smile:
Reply 8
What is your name? Sorry I haven't asked before :wink: I'm Eliza.

I only had about an hour after my interview so I could look around, and I liked what I have seen. I love the nature and Inverness seems to be very peaceful:wink:

I have border terriers ❤; we love country walks so really looking forward to moving over!!
I have looked at accommodation on gumtree already but I think it's a bit early still:smile: thanks for the tip about the local papers I'll definitely look at some ads there too:wink:

I will be coming over to Inverness before the course starts to do the proper recognisance:smile: what is the transport link to the hospital? Can you rely on a bus or is a car better?
Hi girls! I have an offer for UHI in Inverness but really unsure about living and where to start. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.
Thank you! Xxxxxxx
Reply 10
Original post by shannonwillis161
Hi girls! I have an offer for UHI in Inverness but really unsure about living and where to start. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.
Thank you! Xxxxxxx

Hi Shannon,

I'm also moving to Inverness for the course:smile: have you started looking for a place yet? Xx
Hey :smile: I'm a first year student at UHI on the Oral Health Science course. If you've got any questions, just send me a PM and I'll do my best to help!
Hi there,I'm also starting the course in Inverness come September. Can't wait to meet you all! Xx
Hi, I'm looking at courses in oral health sciences and dental hygiene. how competitive are the courses? Could anyone tell me the type of questions that they ask in interviews and what the application process was like for you?

Original post by JessicaWade92
Hey :smile: I'm a first year student at UHI on the Oral Health Science course. If you've got any questions, just send me a PM and I'll do my best to help!
Reply 14
Original post by JessicaWade92

What were your grades?

Quick Reply

Latest