The Student Room Group

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?

Scroll to see replies

Pronounces 'scone' incorrectly.
Original post by Parliament

What's the correct pronunciation of it??
Original post by tmd12345
What's the correct pronunciation of it??

Rhymes with 'bone', 'phone', 'tone', 'cone' etc

I've just successfully triggered 50% of the internet. Be gentle, it's my first time.
Reply 383
Original post by Parliament

Most people pronounce it like "con". Kinda annoys me too tbh. But I think it's a regional thing.
Original post by UWS
Most people pronounce it like "con". Kinda annoys me too tbh. But I think it's a regional thing.

Cambridge University researched it (groundbreaking research, I know):
http://assets3.bigthink.com/system/tinymce_assets/4149/original/scone_map.png?1481485615

(article: http://irishpost.co.uk/how-do-you-pronounce-scone-new-map-of-ireland-and-britain-answers-the-age-old-question/ - also contains a useful map about 'arm' pronunciation)
I dont
(edited 7 years ago)
Didn't have a good command of the English language over text. There isn't anything more irksome than 'hey hun wuu2 how r u'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scone thing apparently doesn't bother me enough as my partner tries to tell me scone like a cone is wrong. And corrects me all the time which is more irritating than his s"con"e

But I'd definitely not date someone if I discovered they'd come on here and ever done one of those irritating age gap posts. Firstly, can you not read? There's so many of them you don't need to make a new one to get an answer. And often it's creepy guys wanting someone to say it's fine to sleep with jail bait. - which is a less shallow reason.
If they disliked gaming :colondollar:

Also if they said they don't like chicken :angry:, I actually met a guy (not for dating purposes mind you lol) who said he despised chicken, my jaw went down to my knees. He must have been deprived of the London Chicken & Chips experience. He wasn't even feeling Nando's! I know this sounds all too unbelievable...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
What are reasons you wouldn't date someone?
Give the most shallow reasons if you want or general reasons... List them all!

I wouldn't date her if she was a smoker or if she took drugs. Or if she was dead, probably self-explanatory really...

Add a few more:

Bad teeth
No ambition in life
Lazy
Too religious
Fat

Discuss.

If the girl was a liverpool supporter
Reply 390
Original post by Owain5
If the girl was a liverpool supporter

Top bants and I'm a Man United fan (inb4 I get rekt).
Original post by UWS
Top bants and I'm a Man United fan (inb4 I get rekt).

I REALLY couldn't date a girl who really supported Liverpool lol. They are the one team I can't stand lol. I don't know why, always despised the club, the people from there and everything about Liverpool as a city and as the place too.

Most people from my college class is going to Liverpool uni next year, but Liverpool is the one place I won't even look at lol.

I'm a Man United fan too :smile: big Man United supporter :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by Owain5
I REALLY couldn't date a girl who really supported Liverpool lol. They are the one team I can't stand lol. I don't know why, always despised the club, the people from there and everything about Liverpool as a city and as the place too.

Most people from my college class is going to Liverpool uni next year, but Liverpool is the one place I won't even look at lol.

I'm a Man United fan too :smile: big Man United supporter :smile:

Even if she was really sexy though?

Like maybe you could compensate or something :tongue:

Have like some crazy sex games about football idk :lol:
If they ugly :shrugs:
Is a slight gap between the front teeth as bad as crooked teeth.
Wouldn't date him if he had small feet... You know what I'm saying:wink:

Wouldn't date her if she had a facial tattoo... I couldn't look at her saying anything:angry:
They're younger than me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lool everyone talking about crooked teeth makes me more insecure about mine as I have gap between my front teeth.
Reply 398
owerweight, big or bulbous nose, ugly/yellow/dirty teeth, crocs, unfashionable, bad breath, a scientist's hair, no fascial definition (people with puffy faces).... ohh and the list could go on......
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Even if she was really sexy though?

Like maybe you could compensate or something :tongue:

Have like some crazy sex games about football idk :lol:

There was one girl from Liverpool who I got close to a few months back... didn't work out because of how insecure I was. She wanted me, but I thought she only wanted to fck me. So I just cooled off her, then my mate made me realise she actually did want me for me. But we never talked again after I rejected her so just awkward now and don't talk to her at all anymore (I don't think she was into football even though she was REALLY hot).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending