The Student Room Group

Do you reckon a lot of people go gay just because they can't get women?

This isn't meamt to be an attack on gay people. A lot of gay people however especially older ones seem to just go down that route as they are really desperate. The environment can be pretty sordid and promiscuous and they think they will get sexual activity. I am straight but find it to be pretty sad and kind of pathetic but I don't mean genuine gay people more the desperate ones and the lifestyle.

Scroll to see replies

No mate, people don't turn gay because they can't get layed with girls. But idk if it's nature or nurture.
I don't think not being able to get vag increases your attraction to men.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I don't think not being able to get vag increases your attraction to men.

Beautiful. :smile:

I agree with you. I don't think people 'go gay' as if the restaurant has run out of the steak so you have to have the fish instead...
No.
That's not how sexuality works loool
Reply 5
You don't just 'go gay', maybe there some straight people who pretend to for female attention/sympathy or whatever but it wouldn't really make sense to.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
This isn't meamt to be an attack on gay people. A lot of gay people however especially older ones seem to just go down that route as they are really desperate. The environment can be pretty sordid and promiscuous and they think they will get sexual activity. I am straight but find it to be pretty sad and kind of pathetic but I don't mean genuine gay people more the desperate ones and the lifestyle.

Others will hate on me for saying this, but yes some do for that reason.

I mean sometimes you see some fat ugly person being pansexual. (Reality because she can't find a man so she'll settle for anything and is desperate).

This isn't like that for all though. I'd say most who are gay/bi/whatever are just born like that.

As a bi girl, I do not like girls because I did not get enough of a man's anatomical part last night. I am simply attracted to both genders because I just am. It is very unlikely that a heterosexual man would suddenly think 'hey I can't seem to be getting any girls. Maybe I should try and get laid by a guy tonight.' If he did think that he was never straight to begin with.
Well ofcourse if youre not getting women youre gona turn to someone else lol
Reply 9
Maybe. It's my view that a lot of people, mainly on the left, are driven to the LGBT demographic due to the peer pressures of conformity and political correctness. If homosexuality is a brain-wired attraction, then these people can never make themselves homosexuals in the truest sense, but they will pretend as long as they're accepted and feel a part of something. If homosexuality is an attraction caused by extraneous variables and experiences from a young age, then it can be asserted that you could make yourself 'queer' with enough practice and discipline.

To directly answer the specific question, a male may feel inclined to experiment if the opportunity to mate with a female does not arise, and vice versa. I see no reason why that is not a possibility.
Reply 10
no obviously not
I don't think so.
Probably, I guess no one really knows

The majority of lesbians I know magically turned lesbians after guys have hurt them. I find that really pathetic.
Sexuality is on a spectrum.
People don't just "turn" gay or straight etc.
Original post by blameitontiffany
The majority of lesbians I know magically turned lesbians after guys have hurt them. I find that really pathetic.

Are you being genuine? I would say it is less with women but some people just get really desperate.
Reply 16
of course not, unfortunately many people still get treated unfairly because of their sexuality, if it was so easy to "turn gay" don't you think they would "turn straight" to escape the abuse? people can't change their sexuality, its just who we are
Reply 17
I have noticed a lot of guys who have poor luck with women and can't get a gf don't necessarily go gay, but they will start finding transsexuals sexually attractive ..and start perusing transsexuals too, whilst strongly denying they are gay..

sorry....., but it's the same thing in most people's eye's...........
Why are all the gay guys the hottest?

Maybe they can get so many girls they want more of a challenge...
I think I just lost 10 IQ points just by reading OP's ridiculous post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending