The Student Room Group

History A level

I don't know what to choose i'm thinking between RS and History at A level which is more useful and easy. The other 2 A levels i'm choosing is Maths and Economics.
History is difficult and even harder if you want an A*. If you cba with effort, don't take history
Reply 2
RS is easy but isn't that respected or useful
History is hard, much harder. But it's much more respected, much more useful, the Combo Maths, Economics & history will get you far if you wanna go university and do good in them, it's like a perfect combo
I take History and it's a lot of work but if you really enjoy it right now then I would definitely go for it as it's such an intellectually stimulating subject and forces you to stretch yourself and reach evaluation that you wouldn't normally think of.
Reply 4
Original post by dalalaachoui
I take History and it's a lot of work but if you really enjoy it right now then I would definitely go for it as it's such an intellectually stimulating subject and forces you to stretch yourself and reach evaluation that you wouldn't normally think of.

I chose it and it made me evaluate the possibility of suicide :smile:
Have you got any tips on how to do well at A level history and how much revision you have to do weekly? I got an E in my last test with zero revision and work outside class I intend to start now and I have trial exams coming up in 5 days time.
Original post by hureram10
I chose it and it made me evaluate the possibility of suicide :smile:
Have you got any tips on how to do well at A level history and how much revision you have to do weekly? I got an E in my last test with zero revision and work outside class I intend to start now and I have trial exams coming up in 5 days time.

omg haha no don't worry, we all do badly in the first few weeks. I would say go through your class notes but mine were so bad last year so I used my textbook and make a timeline of key events. What I did was I wrote really concise notes in a notebook and made it fairly neat and then when I finished a certain event, I got a piece of lined paper and essentially wrote down everything I had just done without looking. It really helps consolidate what you've just done. Definitely learn a few statistics that you can use for a point e.g. "Alexander II's emancipation of the Serfs is proven to not have been a good as it seems because there were 647 cases of peasant unrest after 4 months of the edict being issues which ultimately proves..." so yeah, learn some stats and use them!!! then when you've got your knowledge and stats down, search up essay qs. Because we're the new spec, there aren't many past ones (I get the struggle) but use past hw questions etc. Seeing as you only have 5 days, I would say just plan your essay really thoroughly rather than writing them out fully as that'll take much longer. so yeah! Knowledge, Stats and Essay plan practice (when you have more time in the future, then write them out fully)

hope this helped and gOOD LUCK! stay positive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending