The Student Room Group

administration officer vs customer service consultant HMRC

Hi guys

This has probably been asked before but which one better both are HMRC roles

administration officer vs customer service consultant
Reply 1
I think Administration officer is better than customer service consultant and customer service consultant is better than administration officer. I'd go for administration officer or customer service consultant.
Original post by naszam
I think Administration officer is better than customer service consultant and customer service consultant is better than administration officer. I'd go for administration officer or customer service consultant.

Lol
Original post by naszam

Funny
Reply 4
It's the same grade and likely the same job unless you've been told otherwise.

Customer service consultant will probably be on phones whilst administrative officer could be processing work or similar which I'd prefer to do myself
Original post by ryan.m
It's the same grade and likely the same job unless you've been told otherwise.

Customer service consultant will probably be on phones whilst administrative officer could be processing work or similar which I'd prefer to do myself

I'll rather do the processing
Reply 6
It's the same role. AO is a pay grade. Those who applied for the Adminstration Officer role last year would have been offered a Customer Service Consultant opportunity (in different departments) at Admistration Officer grade...
Original post by Nic-91-91
It's the same role. AO is a pay grade. Those who applied for the Adminstration Officer role last year would have been offered a Customer Service Consultant opportunity (in different departments) at Admistration Officer grade...

I got offered both
Administration officer and
Customer service consultant
Reply 8
Original post by Sebastian_Morris
I got offered both
Administration officer and
Customer service consultant

When the Administration Officer position was originally advertised there were several different roles being offered under the grade of AO (customer service consultant was one of them). Roles would be offered on a merit basis. After the interviews we received an email advising that due to circumstances they were no longer able to offer some roles however they were continuing to offer roles within customer service.
Reply 9
Shortly after that email they advertised for 'customer service consultant' only. I'm guessing because that was the only role they were actually recruiting for from then on under the AO grade.
Yes I think so when I applied for the AO position they said they were looking for 43 positions then all a sudden customer service consultant (CSC) roles were 1000

I'm sure in a few months they will be advertising again for the same role
i prefer to do admin personally so i hope i get that
What did you apply for
i think admin officer
Have you been giving a formal offer
yeah hope to get offered something soon after checks
Good luck
thanks alot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending