The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by LaughingKudu
Hey, does anyone know exactly why St Andrews talk so long to reply? My fee status is Home/EU and I'd really love to get in but I'm starting to get a bit worried. I'm applying for Biology and have no idea if that's one of the more competitive subjects.

Sorry if this gets asked a lot! I just don't understand why St Andrews take several months longer than every other uni I applied to.

They take longer because they only start when the deadline of Ucas, 15th of Januari, closes. Plus they have a big maybe pile which they have to work through. Hope you get in! Still waiting myself
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I just got an offer! (I'm an EU applicant and I applied mid-October.)
Original post by ABosma
They take longer because they only start when the deadline of Ucas, 15th of Januari, closes. Plus they have a big maybe pile which they have to work through. Hope you get in! Still waiting myself

So everyone who has not got an offer/rejection yet is on the maybe pile? :/
Rejection for English today. Nice talking to you all
Original post by Natbooks

Congrats !! For which course ?
Original post by literaturista

So sorry :frown: I know how you feel, just received a rejection for Edinburgh
Just been rejected for Modern History. 10 A* 2 A at GCSE and AAAAC at AS. Pretty upset as it was my top choice after my Oxford rejection and this is just like the nail in the coffin now. Probably going to take a gap year and reapply, no idea what I'll do with it though.
Good luck to anyone else still waiting, and it's been nice to meet you all!! :smile:
Original post by Natbooks

Congrats :smile: *^O^* so happy that you have one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by literaturista

:frown: :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amygracebroad
Just been rejected for Modern History. 10 A* 2 A at GCSE and AAAAC at AS. Pretty upset as it was my top choice after my Oxford rejection and this is just like the nail in the coffin now. Probably going to take a gap year and reapply, no idea what I'll do with it though.
Good luck to anyone else still waiting, and it's been nice to meet you all!! :smile:

:frown: a double rejection honestly sucks :console:

You can travel and do a lot of wider reading in your gap year. If you can try to get work experience (maybe ask if you can volunteer at a museum or something) There are so many possibilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
So sorry :frown: I know how you feel, just received a rejection for Edinburgh

Oh no I am so sorry for you, I was hoping so much that they'll take you. :frown: Also got rejected from Edinburgh about two weeks ago..
Original post by quitteriedtr
Congrats !! For which course ?

Literature and Spanish. :smile:

Original post by wolfmoon88
Congrats :smile: *^O^* so happy that you have one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Original post by wolfmoon88
:frown: a double rejection honestly sucks :console:

You can travel and do a lot of wider reading in your gap year. If you can try to get work experience (maybe ask if you can volunteer at a museum or something) There are so many possibilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is a bit disheartening :frown:

But yes I'll try and make the most of it!! Thanks for all the kind words @wolfmoon88 :smile:
Reply 1433
Original post by simone0110
So everyone who has not got an offer/rejection yet is on the maybe pile? :/

As far as I know yes. but remember, they have so many applications that almost everyone is on the maybe pile
Original post by amygracebroad
it is a bit disheartening :frown:

But yes I'll try and make the most of it!! Thanks for all the kind words @wolfmoon88 :smile:

:console:

:smile: maybe call your local museum to see if they have volunteer opportunities! I am sure you'll do great wherever you end up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got rejected for econ and Phil yesterday, thought I'd say if anyone wanted to know about rejections/offers for econ/Phil

I'm RUK and predicted A*A*A*-A (EPQ)

Quite a shame as it's my first choice and I had a lot ridding on this, might just take a gap year.

Anyways congrats to successful candidates.

Good luck guys
Original post by soccermom39
Got rejected for econ and Phil yesterday, thought I'd say if anyone wanted to know about rejections/offers for econ/Phil

Quite a shame as it's my first choice and I had a lot ridding on this, might just take a gap year.

Good luck guys

Can't believe that they rejected you with those grades :frown: I'm really sorry for you.
Original post by soccermom39

Good luck guys

Omg I'm so sorry to hear this :frown:

I think you should ask for feedback, they must have made a mistake
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Can't believe that they rejected you with those grades :frown: I'm really sorry for you.

it's alright with the way it's going I'm probably gonna be a grade shy off my predicted so idk maybe they missed a bullet aha
Original post by Capricancer
Omg I'm so sorry to hear this :frown:

I think you should ask for feedback, they must have made a mistake

How would I go about doing that?
I know I made a mistake on my personal statement, it was a minor grammatical one, idk how it went unnoticed by 3-4 of my teachers but oh well.
(if you're curious: after rearranging a quote I forgot to use (') <- that when the quote ended)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending