The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Accommodation

hi i was wondering where to apply for accommodation at UCL because i don't really know anything on the difference between the types of accommodation (halls/student houses/intercollegiate halls).

so could someone give me a brief overview on the types of accommodation and which one they consider to be the "best" i suppose? i am looking for a single, fairly large room (or at least enough space, not cramped) with en suite. i'd like for the place to be sociable and preferably, close to UCL. the kitchen can be shared.

also are there any modern, newly-built places and what are they like?
Anyone applied for UCL accommodation, what do you put for the start and end dates for accommodation???? Is it like the day you start your course, or a few weeks before? Also how about the end date???
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by brumtown0121
Anyone applied for UCL accommodation, what do you put for the start and end dates for accommodation???? Is it like the day you start your course, or a few weeks before? Also how about the end date???

23/09/17, it says on the key facts page:
Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 10.56.00.png
Original post by alfo
23/09/17, it says on the key facts page:
Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 10.56.00.png

Thank you!!!!!
Reply 4
Thank you!!!!!

np :smile:
Original post by alfo
np :smile:

Which do you think is better for social and study, student houses or student halls?
Reply 6
Which do you think is better for social and study, student houses or student halls?

I'm about to apply too (having been on a gap year) so this is just what I've picked up from others, but I don't think there's any difference between the two in terms of social, since it's just catered/non-catered as the only difference

I guess if it's a catered hall you can bump into more people in the canteen? But i don't think it's a big deal
Original post by alfo
I'm about to apply too (having been on a gap year) so this is just what I've picked up from others, but I don't think there's any difference between the two in terms of social, since it's just catered/non-catered as the only difference

I guess if it's a catered hall you can bump into more people in the canteen? But i don't think it's a big deal

Isn't it that student halls are with load of people like the rooms are in corridors etc, however student houses are flats which have 5 people and a shared kitchen? Which one are you personally hoping for, catered or non-catered?
Reply 8
Hello! So I was doing some research about accomodation at UCL and I saw pictures of cockroaches and mice... Is it really that bad? If yes, is it everywhere?
Can anybody tell me which are the best student houses in terms of clealiness?
Original post by alessiadicami
Hello! So I was doing some research about accomodation at UCL and I saw pictures of cockroaches and mice... Is it really that bad? If yes, is it everywhere?
Can anybody tell me which are the best student houses in terms of clealiness?

I saw that as well u know, best thing to do is go for the student houses rather than the halls.
I submitted my accommodation survey yesterday. I chose Garden Hall and UCL Hall as my first and second choice :biggrin:
Reply 11
Hi all, I have recently been awarded an offer at UCL to pursue my Msc degree. Ive been looking at accommodation options and was wondering if anyone knew anything about Pure City Student Living. Does anyone who goes to UCL live there? How practical is it to commute to UCL on a daily basis? Would you recommend private providers or rather university accommodation? Im an international student and pretty much dont know anything about London. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending