The Student Room Group

Stirling Uni - Social work second stage task??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steph1x
The written part was 30 mins, wasn't to bad. But the group discussion was quite hard as everyone has to try and say something but was hard at times to try get your own points in. Nope haven't heard from Uws yet

Was it just the one topic? Cause I went to Strathclyde interview on Monday and it was 4 topics in 15 minutes
Does anyone have offers from anywhere as of yet?
Reply 102
Original post by shannonmcc13

Nope have you?
Original post by Steph1x
Nope have you?

No it's stressing me out! I can't believe the deadline is the 5th of may! TWO WHOLE MONTHS AWAY😭
Reply 104
No it's stressing me out! I can't believe the deadline is the 5th of may! TWO WHOLE MONTHS AWAY😭

Stirling and Cali have said they should have all offers out before 31st march as that's the deadline date for people who applied before 15th January
I
Original post by Steph1x
Stirling and Cali have said they should have all offers out before 31st march as that's the deadline date for people who applied before 15th January

Yeah I applied on like the 3rd of November 😂 I asked when I was at the Strathclyde interview and they said before the 5th of may😰
Reply 106
I

Yeah I applied on like the 3rd of November 😂 I asked when I was at the Strathclyde interview and they said before the 5th of may😰

Aw really, I hope not 😂 That's far to long to wait! At Cali they said after all interviews on 22nd march they will give decisions between then and the 31st because that was the deadline date, so not sure why Strathclyde is different
Original post by Steph1x
Aw really, I hope not 😂 That's far to long to wait! At Cali they said after all interviews on 22nd march they will give decisions between then and the 31st because that was the deadline date, so not sure why Strathclyde is different

Also when I phoned up uws and he said technically we don't have to get back to you until June? I was really confused as I thought their was a deadline way before then!
Reply 108
Also when I phoned up uws and he said technically we don't have to get back to you until June? I was really confused as I thought their was a deadline way before then!

I can't wait that long 😂😂
Original post by Steph1x
I can't wait that long 😂😂

I know😰 I've been waiting for 4 months 😰
Reply 110
I know😰 I've been waiting for 4 months 😰

I'm the same 😂 just keeping my fingers crossed we don't need to wait that long
Original post by Caitlin21x
How long did you get for the written part?was there enough time to write everything you wanted to? Has anyone heard back from uws yet?

30-40 mins for 8 questions so had to write very quickly, a couple of people didn't manage to finish writing in time

Went for a UWS group interview on the 6th of March, got an offer on the 10th.
Original post by Drkbrwnskn
Went for a UWS group interview on the 6th of March, got an offer on the 10th.

Oh well done! I've not heard a thing from uws! Apparently if I get an offer it will be for year 2 though as I have a hnc at an A, will need to wait and see though😣
Oh well done! I've not heard a thing from uws! Apparently if I get an offer it will be for year 2 though as I have a hnc at an A, will need to wait and see though😣

Can I be nosey and ask when you sent your application away and if you are a school leaver lol?

Thank you. Don't mull over it, won't make a difference. I applied for year 1 & 2, currently studying for my hnc social care. They were only offering year 2 at their dumfries campus, not practical for me so I had to settle for year 1. Good luck
Can I be nosey and ask when you sent your application away and if you are a school leaver lol?

Application sent to UCAS on the 13th of January. No I'm not 😊, I'm a mature student.
Original post by Drkbrwnskn
Application sent to UCAS on the 13th of January. No I'm not 😊, I'm a mature student.

Okay dokey! Yeah me too, I already have my HNC in social sciences, just doing my national 5 maths now! Have you applied for anywhere else?
Okay dokey! Yeah me too, I already have my HNC in social sciences, just doing my national 5 maths now! Have you applied for anywhere else?

Yeah, Cali and strathclyde. Did a group interview for cali, a personal statement & case study for strathclyde. Still waiting for a response for both. Fingers crossed
How was the strathcylde uni interview? I'm nervous as its my first choice :frown:

Quick Reply