The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Original post by dc850208
Are the new trainees in Manchester due to start early April or end of April do you know?

No idea sorry.
No problem, thanks for responding at least. 🙂
Original post by Zyro
I'd be surprised if Liverpool got any more trainees after the last influx they got in Q4. That was huge.

I know Manchester are getting more trainees by end of April.

They got very few in Q4. They are getting a significant amount in Q1 and Q2 as well
Original post by PMO1204
They got very few in Q4. They are getting a significant amount in Q1 and Q2 as well

Sorry, how is it you know? Any idea at what point in April? Cheers
Reply 3704
Original post by PMO1204

Very few? They got approximately 70! We got 9 at once in Manchester for example.
Original post by Zyro
Very few? They got approximately 70! We got 9 at once in Manchester for example.

The 70 were in Q3. Nothing in Q4
Original post by PMO1204

There's a huge batch of us due to start in Liverpool between imperial court and graeme house and split between 3 lines of business on the 27th March which is Q4
Reply 3707
Original post by PMO1204

Are you talking about q4 tax year or q4 as in Oct Nov Dec?
Original post by Zyro
Are you talking about q4 tax year or q4 as in Oct Nov Dec?

I meant Jan- March as Q4. As Rebecca has pointed out though 27th March is infact Q4 so I stand corrected.
I was not aware the intake on 27th March was very big. I was aware of about 6 or 7 going to one area of compliance on 27th but that's it.
Reply 3709
Original post by PMO1204
I meant Jan- March as Q4. As Rebecca has pointed out though 27th March is infact Q4 so I stand corrected.
I was not aware the intake on 27th March was very big. I was aware of about 6 or 7 going to one area of compliance on 27th but that's it.

Ah, so we were talking about the same group then. I was referring to those that started in November, between 50 and 70 it was.
Good Afternoon. A number of points were raised and I can provide some update from the process. Regarding my competence to provide updates on this, I am based in the recruitment planning overseeing these campaigns and was advised by some to elaborate where possible on the official statements. Everyone can of course choose to listen or not to my points. That's entirely up to you.
There will be as planned another intake in a number of locations in April, but beyond this due to overhead and efficiency issues it will be difficult to imagine much movement before early 2018.
The Department is under serious pressure to accommodate in its current estate and its increasingly difficult to imagine this situation resolving itself within the current financial year and well into the next financial year.
I can confirm that when Formal Offers do get issued, these campaigns will take priority ahead of later campaigns such as 042R.
Provisional Offer expiry dates may come into play in Q2 2018 for all outstanding Offers that have not yet become Formal Offers however that is not currently an issue.
We would urge patience whilst the necessary procedures take place as the Department assesses its resourcing needs over the coming years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CivilMac4

I can confirm that when Formal Offers do get issued, these campaigns will take priority ahead of later campaigns such as 042R.
Provisional Offer expiry dates may come into play in Q2 2018 for all outstanding Offers that have not yet become Formal Offers however that is not currently an issue.

And there we have it, you've outed yourself as a ********ter. We've had official emails that state everyone who has had a Provisional Offer with PEC complete will be getting a formal offer. Some anonymous person unofficially spouting this on a forum, which by the way is against the online and social media policy of HMRC, is not to be believed over actual official emails.
So I've just had a call in reply to my email asking whatever happened to my pre-employment checks for CSR/2066/15 aaannd (drumroll please).... I've got to take my documents in yet again. No, they can't just use the pre-employment checks which have already been done for CSR/1320/16.
I asked several other questions but couldn't get any further info about anything. Wouldn't even confirm that I'd get a formal offer in the next 6 months. 😥
Original post by dagoro1
So I've just had a call in reply to my email asking whatever happened to my pre-employment checks for CSR/2066/15 aaannd (drumroll please).... I've got to take my documents in yet again. No, they can't just use the pre-employment checks which have already been done for CSR/1320/16.
I asked several other questions but couldn't get any further info about anything. Wouldn't even confirm that I'd get a formal offer in the next 6 months. 😥

You should have asked if they could confirm you'd get one in the next 6 years ( pending "budgetary efficiencies" for jobs that were there in 2016 that may not be there in 2022 )
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamz115
You should have asked if they could confirm you'd get one in the next 6 years ( pending "budgetary efficiencies" for jobs that were there in 2016 that may not be there in 2022 )

Or you could just ask CivilMac, er, I mean Jamz....or CivilJamz....
Some have asked regarding clarity on locations. I can confirm that most locations should issue Formal Offers in April - and also throughout 2017. The exception being Belfast, Glasgow and Liverpool where there are logistical concerns and significant movement here is unlikely in the next 12-18 months. Apart from those 3 locations, I'd be confident of Formal Offers being issued in most other locations in the near future.
Reply 3716
Some have asked regarding clarity on locations. I can confirm that most locations should issue Formal Offers in April - and also throughout 2017. The exception being Belfast, Glasgow and Liverpool where there are logistical concerns and significant movement here is unlikely in the next 12-18 months. Apart from those 3 locations, I'd be confident of Formal Offers being issued in most other locations in the near future.

You are definitely just making this up. Those three locations are probably the most mentioned on here no coincidence then you say this to get some sort of rise out of people on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CivilMac if you really are a civil service employee would you be kind enough to verify it by any means. One method would be to take a screen shot of your civil service jobs profile, i assume it will include your latest recruitment campaign whenever it was.

Something like I have provided .....

IMG_1966.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good Afternoon, to follow up some comments, I have already stated that people can choose to listen to my comments or not. That's entirely up to them. I am elaborating where appropriate as much as I can. The locations I have mentioned where deployment will be difficult simply have little accommodation currently. It's illogical to have a situation where Provisional Offers continue endlessly and the relevant security clearance for pre-employment checks also will need to be re-assessed if the process went on endlessly. The most cost effective decision is always to void outstanding Provisional Offers and look for efficiency options within the department. At this moment, this will only be an issue for Belfast Glasgow and Liverpool. I hope this provides some assurance.
Good Afternoon, to follow up some comments, I have already stated that people can choose to listen to my comments or not. That's entirely up to them. I am elaborating where appropriate as much as I can. The locations I have mentioned where deployment will be difficult simply have little accommodation currently. It's illogical to have a situation where Provisional Offers continue endlessly and the relevant security clearance for pre-employment checks also will need to be re-assessed if the process went on endlessly. The most cost effective decision is always to void outstanding Provisional Offers and look for efficiency options within the department. At this moment, this will only be an issue for Belfast Glasgow and Liverpool. I hope this provides some assurance.

Are you having a laugh?

How is stating that people waiting for Glasgow (like myself) may have their offers voided going to provide any assurance to us?

Provisional offers should not have been issued if they didn't have enough space to accommodate everyone.

The Glasgow issue was escalated last week through senior civil servants & will no doubt be brought up at the regional event next week so hopefully we'll see some movement

Latest

Trending

Trending