The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

How long does Surrey take to respond to applicants? Typical response time?

I have applied to Surrey's MSc Occupational and Organisational Psychology Sep 2017 intake and wanted to know how long does the uni take to respond

Scroll to see replies

It took mine about a month and a half. I spoke to a Surrey rep in December and I *think* she said it'd normally take a month
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply. Which course did you apply to? Any idea about how good their org psychology course is?
Which universities did you apply to?
Original post by swarnapill
Thank you so much for your reply. Which course did you apply to? Any idea about how good their org psychology course is?
Which universities did you apply to?

I'm an international student so I honestly can't tell you much about the uni, awfully sorry about that. I've applied for aerospace engineering, and have applied to Glasgow and Manchester as well (got rejected by Southampton)
Reply 4
Wish you luck with both the Universities. Have applied to Manchester as well and am an international student too :smile:
Reply 5
Wish you luck with both the Universities. Have applied to Manchester as well and am an international student too :smile:

My friend completed his aeronautical engg from Sheffiled Hallam.
Reply 6
Does anyone know if Msc in Occupational Psychology in Surrey requires an undergraduate degree in psychology?
Does anyone know if Msc in Occupational Psychology in Surrey requires an undergraduate degree in psychology?

Hi there,

According to the course page on the website (http://www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduate/occupational-and-organizational-psychology-2017) you do need a Bachelors in Psychology to be eligible for the MSc in Occupational and Organisational Psychology:

"A first or 2.1 honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in psychology, paired with an interest, understanding and / or experience of work, organisational, and business issues as evident from the application form."

Hope this helps! :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 8
Ashley, wanted this clarification- Is an undergraduate degree in psychology considered a prerequisite. I have four years of Work experience in HR. I would like to know if this would be a qualifier for rejecting a student's candidature to the Msc Occupational psychology course. Am currently pursuing MA Psychology.

Best,
Swarna
Ashley, wanted this clarification- Is an undergraduate degree in psychology considered a prerequisite. I have four years of Work experience in HR. I would like to know if this would be a qualifier for rejecting a student's candidature to the Msc Occupational psychology course. Am currently pursuing MA Psychology.

Best,
Swarna

Hi Swarna,

In this case, I would recommend contacting the Admissions team directly as they will be able to advise on whether you would be able to do the MSc taking your MA and previous work experience into account. You can give them a ring on +44(0)1483 682222 or email [email protected] :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 10
Hi Ashley,
Thanks for the information!! But I wonder how long roughly does it take for the PhD program 2017/18 applicants to be notified after the online application. By checking the status of application on daily basis as per request and finding no any changes apart from the favorite decision status [Pending – application being considered ], is somehow painful :smile:
Kind regards,
Iwambi.
Original post by Iwambi
Hi Ashley,
Thanks for the information!! But I wonder how long roughly does it take for the PhD program 2017/18 applicants to be notified after the online application. By checking the status of application on daily basis as per request and finding no any changes apart from the favorite decision status [Pending – application being considered ], is somehow painful :smile:
Kind regards,
Iwambi.

Heya, I sent you a PM :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by University of Surrey

Thanks!!:smile:
Reply 13

I could not reply as there is such a message below appeared up on sending a message:frown:

The following errors occurred with your submission

University of Surrey has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Original post by Iwambi
I could not reply as there is such a message below appeared up on sending a message:frown:

Hi Iwambi,

Really sorry about this, we're trying to delete old messages from our inbox but an error page keeps coming up... we are getting in touch with the TSR support team to see if we can fix it. In the meantime, you can send us the info via DM on twitter or via our facebook page as I monitor the inbox for our official accounts :smile:

Sorry again, we'll let you know when the issue is fixed!

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 15
Hi Ashley,
It is okay!!
I will do as per your advice!!
Thanks!!
Iwambi!!
Hi, I have a question about the same: how long does Surrey take to process PhD studentship applications?
Original post by Hershelle
Hi, I have a question about the same: how long does Surrey take to process PhD studentship applications?

Hi Hershelle,

Thanks for your message.

I'm not entirely sure how long it takes for the team to process PhD studentship applications... it likely depends on the volume of applications they've received and how quickly things like references come through.

If it's been more than 6-8 weeks, I'd advise emailing or ringing our Admissions team to ask. If you provide them with your URN (found on all correspondence from the university to you) and your full name, they'll be able to pull up your application and tell you what stage it's at. You can email [email protected] or call +44(0)1484 682222 :smile:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Hi Hershelle,

Thanks for your message.

I'm not entirely sure how long it takes for the team to process PhD studentship applications... it likely depends on the volume of applications they've received and how quickly things like references come through.

If it's been more than 6-8 weeks, I'd advise emailing or ringing our Admissions team to ask. If you provide them with your URN (found on all correspondence from the university to you) and your full name, they'll be able to pull up your application and tell you what stage it's at. You can email [email protected] or call +44(0)1484 682222 :smile:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley

Thanks. It's too soon for me, I guess. I will check after a few weeks.
Original post by Hershelle
Thanks. It's too soon for me, I guess. I will check after a few weeks.

You can still ring them up to check if you like, but they might just say they're going through each application in chronological order :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending