The Student Room Group

Is studying abroad going to be harder than UK?

Hi,

I've been getting grades around 60%-75% and hope to finish my degree with a low first grade. I did a year abroad in Canada and with my best efforts I only got D grades which were still around the 50%-60% mark. The grading system seemed alot tougher too as to get high grades - As and Bs you need to be getting 80%-90% where a first is only 70% here.

If I were to do a masters degree I would like to study abroad either Australia or Canada. Should I rule out Canada entirely based on my experience?

Has anyone studied for a masters in Canada?
I also did year abroad in Canada and found it difficult (where did you go? I went to UBC) but I think it's really down to the fact that it's a different learning environment that we were not used to. Now that you have experience, you will probably not struggle as much. It definitely won't be easy, but if you can do well in the UK, you can do well in Canada/Australia too.
Original post by frightenedeyes
I also did year abroad in Canada and found it difficult (where did you go? I went to UBC) but I think it's really down to the fact that it's a different learning environment that we were not used to. Now that you have experience, you will probably not struggle as much. It definitely won't be easy, but if you can do well in the UK, you can do well in Canada/Australia too.

That's for the reply lol. Things have changed quite abit since I created this thread. I'm just hopefully gonna get on a grad scheme and then one day spend some time working in Canada. I went to Concordia in Montreal. It was def the best thing I've ever done. I opted for a one semester exchange though with the other on a work placement
Original post by Dominoes
That's for the reply lol. Things have changed quite abit since I created this thread. I'm just hopefully gonna get on a grad scheme and then one day spend some time working in Canada. I went to Concordia in Montreal. It was def the best thing I've ever done. I opted for a one semester exchange though with the other on a work placement

Haha oh ****, I didn't see the date you first posted this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending