The Student Room Group

Royal Household summer jobs 2017

Scroll to see replies

I applied for summer retail assistant job too. Had the interview. I think I said rubbish answers. Was nervous for the presentation as well. Good luck to everyone else.
Just heard back from them regarding the ticket selling role and I got the job! Hopefully others should start hearing soon if not already. Good luck! Xx
Reply 22
Original post by alicemarinelli
Congrats and good luck for your interview! There is a side entrance on the left side of the Palace (your left if you are in front of the building and looking at it) . You will notice it because there is a smaller gate with respect to those on the façade, and there are guards who will ask for your documents as you arrive :smile:

Thank you so much :smile:
Would you know of any questions they might ask?
(edited 7 years ago)
Side entrance on Buckingham Palace Road. The questions were mainly about customer service and to elaborate on the answers you gave in your telephone interview. Well, today is 16 days after my interview and still no word yet :-(
Original post by SweetToothM
Side entrance on Buckingham Palace Road. The questions were mainly about customer service and to elaborate on the answers you gave in your telephone interview. Well, today is 16 days after my interview and still no word yet :-(

I went for a warden interview about a month ago now and heard nothing yet either. They said two weeks at my interview.
Reply 25
Original post by RachelReid
Just heard back from them regarding the ticket selling role and I got the job! Hopefully others should start hearing soon if not already. Good luck! Xx

Wow congrats! I want to hear toooo! I can't stand this waiting :s-smilie: I had my assessment centre on 20th of Feb....
Reply 26
Original post by KKhan2
I've applied for the summer ticket sales assistant role at Buckingham palace and have my assessment centre on Monday. Hope all goes well for you.

Well Hello I was there too, who are you :wink:
Original post by Ninnei
Wow congrats! I want to hear toooo! I can't stand this waiting :s-smilie: I had my assessment centre on 20th of Feb....

Thank you! Mine was on the 21st of Feb, so you should hear soon. Maybe phone them if you still don't hear?
Reply 28
Thank you! Mine was on the 21st of Feb, so you should hear soon. Maybe phone them if you still don't hear?

Maybe I should... It could be the security check that takes time but I think it's funny that you heard already even though we applied for the same job... hmmm
Original post by Ninnei
Maybe I should... It could be the security check that takes time but I think it's funny that you heard already even though we applied for the same job... hmmm

Remember they have a lot of people to get through, so many you're just further down on the list. Also, I think the security checks are actually only carried out after you accept the job :smile:

Congrats Rachel! No still no word from them and I doubt I will hear from them during the weekend, hopefully Monday!
Original post by Ninnei

I think it means that we are still undergoing security checks. If they didn't want us, they would have replied ASAP and not bother to do security checks???

I blame the fact that my Mother gave me and my siblings different surnames!!
Original post by maggie43
I applied for summer retail assistant job too. Had the interview. I think I said rubbish answers. Was nervous for the presentation as well. Good luck to everyone else.

I haven't heard back either! Fingers crossed!!
I haven't heard back either! Fingers crossed!!

Which assessment day did you go to? I went on 28th
Reply 34
I think it means that we are still undergoing security checks. If they didn't want us, they would have replied ASAP and not bother to do security checks???

I blame the fact that my Mother gave me and my siblings different surnames!!

I like your logic :biggrin:

I put some false information too to one of the address parts... Hope it's okey...
I didn't put false info lol but my Mother decided to be difficult and give me and my siblings completely different surnames despite same father!! Well. my assessment was on Tuesday 21st February and tomorrow marks the 3rd week or 21 days since that day. I think maybe because I've had various jobs over the years and they all need to be checked or looked upon etc. Damn my complex history!!!
Original post by Ninnei

Ninnei, you had yours 1 day before mine and Rachel had hers same day as mine. She got the job but me and you not heard back yet so don't worry, I'm in same boat as you, same position and yet you had yours 1 day before mine lol
Reply 37
Ninnei, you had yours 1 day before mine and Rachel had hers same day as mine. She got the job but me and you not heard back yet so don't worry, I'm in same boat as you, same position and yet you had yours 1 day before mine lol

It's good to have someone else to feel your pain :biggrin: Seriously I'm checking my email like every hour and updating it all the time and every time I get something, my heart falls a little but usually it's something like your iCloud is almost full or TSR sending notifications :biggrin:. I don't even have a plan b for the summer and I really need a job...
Original post by Ninnei
It's good to have someone else to feel your pain :biggrin: Seriously I'm checking my email like every hour and updating it all the time and every time I get something, my heart falls a little but usually it's something like your iCloud is almost full or TSR sending notifications :biggrin:. I don't even have a plan b for the summer and I really need a job...

Good luck to everyone!! Let me know when you hear :smile:
I had mine on the 10th, and got a rejection for the warden role a few days ago. They are working through them, albeit more slowly than indicated at interview, and I recall hearing that those being rejected will hear first... so no news may be good news :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending