The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art 2017 applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Toastnbread
Hello !
i've got a place on vis com illustration for 2017 ! currently looking for funding and housing options ! where do you think you are going to stay? its all very expensive:frown:

hi:smile:
I got an offer in illustration too, do you apply other school in uk or us?
the tuition fee of RCA is really expensive... and since I'm an international student I can't apply for their scholarship... have you decided yet study in RCA?
Is there a way to begin a group chat for anyone who was accepted to do an MA at the RCA in 2017?

If you haven't heard yet, good luck! xxx
Original post by ellierb94
Is there a way to begin a group chat for anyone who was accepted to do an MA at the RCA in 2017?

If you haven't heard yet, good luck! xxx

My friend and I have both received an unofficial letter and are currently waiting for the formal one. We are really looking forward to meet everyone and think we should have a group chat for students accepted this year!

For those who haven't heard of anything, I'm sure there's a different schedule for every department. Don't panic, good luck everyone!
Reply 103
Original post by alicecplu
My friend and I have both received an unofficial letter and are currently waiting for the formal one. We are really looking forward to meet everyone and think we should have a group chat for students accepted this year!

For those who haven't heard of anything, I'm sure there's a different schedule for every department. Don't panic, good luck everyone!

maybe we can create a group on facebook or whatsapp or other social media/app?
Original post by p.h.ma
maybe we can create a group on facebook or whatsapp or other social media/app?

I think everyone got a Facebook account so a group on facebook would be easier. But Whatsapp is much more instant... it is easier to actually chat on Whatsapp.
Hi everyone, sorry for the silence, the last weeks been mega busy. Had my interview Tuesday, convinced myself I failed it and spent Wednesday convincing myself I didn't actually need or should do a masters in London but then Thursday (yesterday) I got an email offer! Contemporary art practice/moving image pathway. So it's fair to say I'm confused now. Going to take a few days to let it settle in.
I think everyone got a Facebook account so a group on facebook would be easier. But Whatsapp is much more instant... it is easier to actually chat on Whatsapp.

FB probably easier? If someone just makes a group we can all join
So I just made a FB group: /groups/811041322380552
Or search "Royal College of Art: 2017"

It seems that replies with links have to be checked... so I only post the number of the group.
Paste "/groups/811041322380552" after www . facebook . com

Invite those who you know have been accepted this year!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 108
hi!anyone applying to the interior design ma and has been interviwed or waiting for one?good luck to everyone!
Reply 109
So I just made a FB group: /groups/811041322380552
Or search "Royal College of Art: 2017"

It seems that replies with links have to be checked... so I only post the number of the group.
Paste "/groups/811041322380552" after www . facebook . com

Invite those who you know have been accepted this year!

I was recently sent an unofficial e-mail that I have been offered a place in the glass and ceramic course. Can you or anyone else kindly add me to the group?
Original post by Onycs
I was recently sent an unofficial e-mail that I have been offered a place in the glass and ceramic course. Can you or anyone else kindly add me to the group?

Sure! You can search "Royal College of Art: 2017" on facebook and request to join in. If you can't find the group just pm me your Facebook account.
Did those of you who received formal offers get them via mail or email?

I have an informal one, but still waiting on the official. I know the deadline for those isn't until next month, but I want to get it so I can get started planning my move. :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by tourmalinee
Did those of you who received formal offers get them via mail or email?

I have an informal one, but still waiting on the official. I know the deadline for those isn't until next month, but I want to get it so I can get started planning my move. :smile:

Congratulations! Have they given you the exact deadline for acceptance or rejection of offers?
Original post by bouki
Congratulations! Have they given you the exact deadline for acceptance or rejection of offers?

I'm just going by the info on their website that said priority round applicants would hear back by April 17th.
Reply 114
Original post by tourmalinee
I'm just going by the info on their website that said priority round applicants would hear back by April 17th.

I meant the deadline until which we, the applicants, can accept the offer or decline it and put the deposit. I can't find such information on the site
Original post by bouki
I meant the deadline until which we, the applicants, can accept the offer or decline it and put the deposit. I can't find such information on the site

Ohh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I do not know what those dates are, I imagine they are included in the formal letter? (Still waiting on mine).
Original post by Pt__gw
Hello, there!

I applied for 'Painting' of RCA, and now waiting for the final offer letter for 1 month.

Is there anybody who applied for Painting like me?

I had the skype interview on January, but I haven't hear back anything until now.

If you know about how long it will takes for the final decision after the interview, plz let me know.

Thx!

Hello!

So do I applied for Painting of RCA. I had the skype interview 1 month ago and still waiting for the final result.

Did you hear anything back now?
Reply 117
hello!

Have anyone got the graphic offer?i am waitting the result...
Has anybody heard back from IDE (Innovation Design Engineering) after an interview yet?

Thanks for sharing!
Hi,
I'm from the U.S. and I applied for the Animation program, but I haven't heard back from them yet. :frown:

Quick Reply