The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soccermom39
Got rejected for econ and Phil yesterday, thought I'd say if anyone wanted to know about rejections/offers for econ/Phil

I'm RUK and predicted A*A*A*-A (EPQ)

Quite a shame as it's my first choice and I had a lot ridding on this, might just take a gap year.

Anyways congrats to successful candidates.

Good luck guys

:frown: :console: so sorry to hear this :frown:

Send an email to them asking for feedback on application. They should have an official policy on their website about this.

:console: again and good luck with the gap year or wherever you end up in! I am sure you'll be amazing wherever you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1441
Hey there everyone, Scottish Student got my offer (unconditional) for Economics and Management last week :smile:
Original post by Arj_
Hey there everyone, Scottish Student got my offer (unconditional) for Economics and Management last week :smile:

Grats :smile:! I want to apply for management next year, if you don't mind me asking; what were your grades?
Reply 1443
Hey, in my 5th year I got;
Maths-A
English-A
Biology-A
Modern Studies-A
Chemistry-B
Sports Leader- Pass(Has no grades awarded in it, it's just pass or fail basis, but nobody really should fail it haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arj_
Hey, in my 5th year I got;
Maths-A
English-A
Biology-A
Modern Studies-A
Chemistry-B
Sports Leader- Pass(Has no grades awarded in it, it's just pass or fail basis, but nobody really should fail it haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're really good grades, well done :smile:!
Rejected for IR (EU applicant). Don't really know what to do, I've been rejected by my two first choices (Edinburgh and St A). All that hard work and effort for nothing. :frown:
I'll probably study in Germany. There goes my dream of studying abroad (although I was predicted the highest possible Abitur grades). I'm just really down right now :frown:
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Rejected for IR (EU applicant). Don't really know what to do, I've been rejected by my two first choices (Edinburgh and St A). All that hard work and effort for nothing. :frown:
I'll probably study in Germany. There goes my dream of studying abroad (although I was predicted the highest possible Abitur grades). I'm just really down right now :frown:

Same I know how you feel ...
Original post by GermanIRhopeful

Oh no I am so sorry :frown: But with an 1.0 Abitur you can study everything here in Germany, that is an amazing grade!!!!
Haven't you applied to any other uni?
Got rejected by St Andrews. Not too sure as to why either...Pretty disappointed since I was hoping to make them my insurance.
Original post by NotKidding
Got rejected by St Andrews. Not too sure as to why either...Pretty disappointed since I was hoping to make them my insurance.

I am sorry for you too :frown: May I ask for what you have applied? I am still waiting for a decision for almost 4 months now...
I was rejected today too :smile: I was already expecting that, so it doesn't matter that much. Only downside is that I don't think I will get an offer from Edinburgh either so I can't study the subect I really want.
Anyone heard from philosophy / psychology? I'm desperately waiting now. I feel like ringing up admissions to see if they know when they are releasing offers / rejections for those subjects. So nervous and impatient!
I just got an unconditional for film and social anthropology. I've never cried out of happieness before now 😂😂 Scottish applicant with highers of AAAAC by the way
Original post by hayley.m19
I just got an unconditional for film and social anthropology. I've never cried out of happieness before now 😂😂 Scottish applicant with highers of AAAAC by the way

Congratulations! :smile:
I'm actually nervous af right now
Original post by simone0110
I am sorry for you too :frown: May I ask for what you have applied? I am still waiting for a decision for almost 4 months now...

Applied for Management with predicted grades significantly higher than the typical offer.
Just got my rejection :laugh: :') I applied for French & Arabic, although I am slightly confused...

The entrance requirements are AAB
I'm predicted A*AA...
And I have received an offer from Durham for AAA :P

I wasn't expecting it, perhaps it's because I'm not Scottish and do not live there. Any other language students let me know how you get on :smile:
Original post by NotKidding
Applied for Management with predicted grades significantly higher than the typical offer.

This makes absolutly no sense. A lot of people are in the same situation as you are, if you look through this thread which I know does not help you one bit right now I just do not understand why they take that many high educated people down.. Again, I am genuinely sorry for you
Original post by Lauren1498x
I'm actually nervous af right now

Yeah me too.... Apparently they are giving out a lot of decisions today...
Original post by simone0110
Yeah me too.... Apparently they are giving out a lot of decisions today...

I'm scared because they largely seem to have been giving out rejections the last couple of days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending