The Student Room Group

Whats the worst thing that happened to you in school?

When I was in year 7/8 (can't remember which) I had a maths class, I was asked to handout the text books to everyone by my teacher and he left the classroom. So I handed out all the text books and I saw that one girl didn't have one, I looked for another text book near the teachers desk but couldn't find any. The girl came up and was angry that she didn't have a textbook. I don't remember what she said but after she finished speaking she kicked me in my leg and started throwing her arms at me, at that moment the teacher came in and she starts crying in front of him. WTH. So we were both sent to the vice head teachers office and told to write down what happened however they didn't believe me and I was suspended for a couple of days.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Every parents evening.
Original post by UWS
Every parents evening.

My parents have never attended a parents evening. :tongue:
Some girl who didn't like me at school made sure no one else liked me either. Ended up somehow us being in the heads office where her explanation was 'your too clingy with 'x'' who was my best friend at the time - I mean what the hell XD
Reply 4
Original post by Raizelcadres
My parents have never attended a parents evening. :tongue:

Aren't you a lucky boy
My childhood wasn't bad as they go, thankfully...

However I was always seen as a bit of a teacher's pet.

There was one situation in year 11 when my Maths class loved making fun of the Asian teacher we had just to hear his accent and mimic him and he wasn't stern enough to deal with it so just let it happen. He went out of the class one day for a few minutes and came back to find the whole class was facing the back of the room working on the desk behind them. The teacher was obviously furious and gave the whole class a detention except me and the two people next to me who just didn't turn around.. Then he had to put the spotlight on me and ask why I didn't tun around and all eyes were on me, my face bright red, and all my brain could come up with was "Because it felt wrong" and I have never again had so many glares from other students :colondollar:

There was also one time at Primary school year 5 or 6 (bearing in mind there were 8 girls in my year and no boys so lots of *****iness) and one of the girls in my year made up a lie that she'd overheard me saying someone else looked like they had a moustache.. I ended up surrounded by said 7 girls in the toilets crying and being told to apologise for something I didn't do. So glad I'm past the age where kids take offence so easily and take sides!
Original post by iqra2159
Aren't you a lucky boy

I am :biggrin:. My dad was always at work and my mum was looking after my little sister's at home.
Original post by carrotstar
My childhood wasn't bad as they go, thankfully...

However I was always seen as a bit of a teacher's pet.

There was one situation in year 11 when my Maths class loved making fun of the Asian teacher we had just to hear his accent and mimic him and he wasn't stern enough to deal with it so just let it happen. He went out of the class one day for a few minutes and came back to find the whole class was facing the back of the room working on the desk behind them. The teacher was obviously furious and gave the whole class a detention except me and the two people next to me who just didn't turn around.. Then he had to put the spotlight on me and ask why I didn't tun around and all eyes were on me, my face bright red, and all my brain could come up with was "Because it felt wrong" and I have never again had so many glares from other students :colondollar:

There was also one time at Primary school year 5 or 6 (bearing in mind there were 8 girls in my year and no boys so lots of *****iness) and one of the girls in my year made up a lie that she'd overheard me saying someone else looked like they had a moustache.. I ended up surrounded by said 7 girls in the toilets crying and being told to apologise for something I didn't do. So glad I'm past the age where kids take offence so easily and take sides!

In primary school, I was blamed for something which I hadn't done. In the school toilets the ceiling had square paper tiles (I don't know what they are called), I was blamed for damaging them by climbing inside. They asked kids that I wasn't friends with and they all said it was me. My parents were almost charged for the damages but luckily weren't.
Reply 8
I got bullied pretty badly. The worst things I got told in front of people in my class was that I should off myself and the world would be a better place, and that I should off myself simply because my mother was a Protestant (Northern Ireland, 2011, sectarianism at its finest, a Catholic guy saying this to a Catholic girl).

No one stood up for me, not any of my friends (because my friends weren't in my form class), and the teachers couldn't do much. But I kinda used to my advantage; I wrote a seriously dark piece for my English Language creative coursework based on revenge on the bullies, and got full marks, with the other English teachers telling me it was one of the creepiest yet best things that they had read from the coursework in a long time. :lol:

Yeah, I know, I'm weird. That's why I was bullied. :redface:
Reply 9
Three things:

- I shet my pants in year 6, thankfully it was nearly home time and someone else got the blame.

- during enterprise task in year 9, me...being very shy and I couldn't talk...well as one of the finalists, our group had to talk in front of the whole year and I fumbled it obvs. Man, everyone was laughing, very embarrassing. To make things worse, our product was a trackable dog collar called 'doggy styler' - I kid you NOT.

- sixth form parents evening, the head of year came along and spoke abruptly with my parents about how I was failing the first year, but that motivated me to do better and I did OK in the end.

Bonus:

* had a 'Mrs Trunchbull' for AS maths. One time, due to me not doing well in mock, I had to go through the paper with her after school... at some point I told her to piss off coz she kept on breathing down my shoulder... she gave me a *******ing and told me to piss off, but I instead went to a diff room and did it - in the end though, got a B in the real paper.

-went into my physics A2 exam knowing I was going to fail, had that sick to my stomach feeling throughout...

-whole sixth form experience.

-usual bullied, name calling and sticking etc...

😊
Reply 10
I've been bullied through most of my school years excluding Reception and Years 10-11 so I've had a lot of bad stuff happen to me.
But my worst experience:
I was in about year 1-2 and my teacher didn't like me at all and she encouraged the rest of the class to dislike me, so one day I was out in the playground and my classmates shoved me into one of those massive tires and rolled me down a hill. I remember hitting my head but not much after that but my teacher at the time didn't think it was worth being reported to my mum so I spent the next few days being really sick because of the concussion.
Luckily I moved schools once I was able to tell my mum but I'm generally an oddball so I got bullied there too but it was more verbal than physical so I wasn't too bothered by it.
Year 7 to year 9. Literally worst years of my life. Was a bit chubby back then and was treated like a monster. I had friends, but they were a bunch of *****. They would either 1. laugh at me 2. join in the bullying 3. Ignore me. When their friends came around, they ditched me completely. I'll never forget how badly i was treated. Humiliating to be picked last in PE group, humiliating to hide away at the toilets so no one would make fun of you. I used to hide behind the trees to have my lunch in peace. Hope those *****es failed school after all the pain i went through.
Lol rant over.
being admitted
I've never been bullied, but there are a few teachers that reaaaaaally don't like me. Like our Principal. I used to avoid walking down the stairs ahead of him because he gave me an "I'm going to push you down the stairs one of these days" vibe. English teacher gave me absolute hell during Year 7, and we had her again last year and she almost got me suspended for writing song lyrics on an essay (not graded, and nothing rude). Luckily my form teacher has a soft spot for me :wink: Sucka.

Oh yeah and I skipped detention once in Year 8, and avoided the teacher for a week. When she finally caught me, she gave me a months worth of lunch/break detentions. It worked out though, because detention is basically extra class for Biology and she gave me lots of tips and notes...handy when most of our class was failing Biology because of how difficult she made the tests.
After swimming we used to have a brawl in the showers.

It's as gay is it sounds
prepare for the following examples (believe if you want to or not but I went to a school that had a 38% 5A*-C grade rating). the following happened between 2006 & 2009:

HIGHSCHOOL YEARS 10 & 11

stabbed in face with soldering iron (which was on / hot) because I elbowed a guy for strangling me with a bike chain (racist pothead who played for england under 17s). teacher just gave him a light telling off and didnt let me go to have my upper lip dressed / disinfected;

got a drink spiked with solder (read contains lead) by another dickhead - teachers did nothing;

had a brick thrown at my head (and it clipped my ear) for standing up to a group of ASBOs (some of them ended in prison 2 years after for gang-rape) - the school/police did nothing to these guys at the time I had a brick thrown at my head;

threatened with a hacksaw and hammer for grassing on some yobbos stealing tools from school;

house got a police visit at 3am around exam time due to fake calls about me being involved in a car theft ring (after finding out that our garden cannot have car access they left red faced);

this one is funny as I didnt get hurt but ill throw it in: almost got suspended for beating a guy with his own shoe and hand for trying to beat me in a changing room for refusing to accept his and his friends discrimination against me (didnt let me on trampoline in PE, teacher was racist **** who got sacked for posting racist / anti-islamic stuff on social media). I was almost suspended till a bunch of guys stood up for me and supported my story of what happened.

SIXTH FORM (mainly year 12 with some year 13)

1st day in sixth form some pothead (who now works as an investment banker / got AAAB in A levels / graduated with a 1st in financial banking from loughborough) smashed a burette on my leg as he was a dickhead who was high on a cocktail of weed and steroids - I didnt get hurt minus a small scratch, he was left bleeding with glass fragments in his arm and hand and needed to go hospital;

said guy + 1 of his friends threw acid and bleach down my back on separate occasions, as well as set my favourite hoodie on fire;

1 of their mates threw lit fireworks at me whilst waiting for a bus;

I got mugged at knifepoint on route to an AS psychology exam on...criminal psychology
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
My high school experience was pretty good overall, I acc quite liked it and miss it

But one textiles lesson in like year 9 I got told to go die in a **** hole, I don't remember why but that lesson a bunch of girls in my class decided to throw insults at me
so I started crying :lol:
the girl that said it was instantly apologetic and hugged me loool
and obv I continued to make her feel bad about it for the rest of HS :tongue:
I always used to seem like a teacher's pet in GCSE History omg worst 2 years of my life haha, I liked history just when my teacher started using my work as examples every lesson... People hated me haha
Original post by tpx1
prepare for the following examples (believe if you want to or not but I went to a school that had a 38% 5A*-C grade rating). the following happened between 2006 & 2009:

HIGHSCHOOL YEARS 10 & 11

stabbed in face with soldering iron (which was on / hot) because I elbowed a guy for strangling me with a bike chain (racist pothead who played for england under 17s). teacher just gave him a light telling off and didnt let me go to have my upper lip dressed / disinfected;

got a drink spiked with solder (read contains lead) by another dickhead - teachers did nothing;

had a brick thrown at my head (and it clipped my ear) for standing up to a group of ASBOs (some of them ended in prison 2 years after for gang-rape) - the school/police did nothing to these guys at the time I had a brick thrown at my head;

threatened with a hacksaw and hammer for grassing on some yobbos stealing tools from school;

house got a police visit at 3am around exam time due to fake calls about me being involved in a car theft ring (after finding out that our garden cannot have car access they left red faced);

this one is funny as I didnt get hurt but ill throw it in: almost got suspended for beating a guy with his own shoe and hand for trying to beat me in a changing room for refusing to accept his and his friends discrimination against me (didnt let me on trampoline in PE, teacher was racist **** who got sacked for posting racist / anti-islamic stuff on social media). I was almost suspended till a bunch of guys stood up for me and supported my story of what happened.

SIXTH FORM (mainly year 12 with some year 13)

1st day in sixth form some pothead (who now works as an investment banker / got AAAB in A levels / graduated with a 1st in financial banking from loughborough) smashed a burette on my leg as he was a dickhead who was high on a cocktail of weed and steroids - I didnt get hurt minus a small scratch, he was left bleeding with glass fragments in his arm and hand and needed to go hospital;

said guy + 1 of his friends threw acid and bleach down my back on separate occasions, as well as set my favourite hoodie on fire;

1 of their mates threw lit fireworks at me whilst waiting for a bus;

I got mugged at knifepoint on route to an AS psychology exam on...criminal psychology

omg the place where you hail from seems really violent, the closest I've ever been to a violent attack is being followed for a while..... by a guy who was going to the same store as me.
OMG Last year year 10.!
Teacher asked a question and confidently I was ready to answer the question since I knew it ,but as I was speaking my anxiety kicked in my words stumbled , I was sweating randomly and just mumbling in another language lol no one understood me , trying to finish but people started to mimic me , all eyes started at me since I was the spotlight ,the only one standing up. One week full of mimicking from others .Self esteem crushed , but I'm going to have a revenge when I get the highest grade in class muahahha

Quick Reply

Latest