The Student Room Group

Dalek1099 secures first job at 20 - Comment on your first time job experiences

As you may now know from my updated Job Application History,which you can find on my profile, I now have a part time job for this summer.It will be my first part time job at the age of 20.The job will involve researching Mathematics and the research topic will be based around Quantum Mechanics.What were your first time job experiences?What age did you start your first job?

Note:This may not be my first job if a current pending job application is successful but it probably won't be.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've worked since I was 15, my first job being at a shoe shop =)
Original post by Dalek1099
As you may now know from my updated Job Application History,which you can find on my profile, I now have a part time job for this summer.It will be my first time job at the age of 20.The job will involve researching Mathematics and the research topic will be based around Quantum Mechanics.What were your first time job experiences?What age did you start your first job?

Note:This may not be my first job if a current pending job application is successful but it probably won't be.

Congratulations! :woo:

My first job was in a warehouse doing nightshifts, which monumentally sucked, the money was good though.

-AHappyTeddybear
Reply 3
Original post by AHappyTeddybear
Congratulations! :woo:

My first job was in a warehouse doing nightshifts, which monumentally sucked, the money was good though.

-AHappyTeddybear

What age were you when you got this job?What was your wage?My wage for this job is supposed to be £234.50 a week and I have been told that I don't have to pay national insurance or tax which I find confusing maybe its because it counts as self employment or something?I know someone who works for companies but is self employed so self employed isn't as simple as it sounds.I wonder whether anyone else knows the answer to this.
What age were you when you got this job?What was your wage?My wage for this job is supposed to be £234.50 a week and I have been told that I don't have to pay national insurance or tax which I find confusing maybe its because it counts as self employment or something?I know someone who works for companies but is self employed so self employed isn't as simple as it sounds.I wonder whether anyone else knows the answer to this.

I had literally just turned 18, and was being paid minimum wage.

I would advise going through the Gov.uk website in regards to the latter part of you're post.
As you may now know from my updated Job Application History,which you can find on my profile, I now have a part time job for this summer.It will be my first part time job at the age of 20.The job will involve researching Mathematics and the research topic will be based around Quantum Mechanics.What were your first time job experiences?What age did you start your first job?

Worked in a hairdressers 2 days week in the summer after leaving school in 2013 age 16.
Temporarily worked in Matalan as Christmas stock warehouse staff.
Worked in a call centre for 3 months.
Worked In a hospital doing cleaning for just over a year.
Worked as a full time health care assistant in the hospital for 8 months.
Now I am a student nurse who works casually as a health care assistant when I am in uni I do either 2 short shifts a week or 1 night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending