The Student Room Group

MPhil Finance / Finance & Economics 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

My status was just updated to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies' as well Fingers crossed for the final offer!!!!
Original post by DCRsilver
Got offer for f&e in Jan. A couple people got fast Econ offers in December. One guy in under 4 weeks. What kind of profile do you have?

How long did you get moved to offer from BOGS?
Hey guys.
I am a Cam MPhil F&E applicant. I'm in "under consider by degree committee" in Camsis -- recently changed from "department". Is there a definitive answer on what this means? Am I past the point where my academic merits are being considered? Should I expect an offer?

I am a US student 3.7 GPA, from a very good school. GRE 168 Quant 162 Verbal.

What are my chances?
Original post by Hope668899
How long did you get moved to offer from BOGS?

Congrats! Only a day or two to move to offer. Might be longer because of the weekend. Keep checking your email/junk folder for the official offer letter.
Original post by DCRsilver
Congrats! Only a day or two to move to offer. Might be longer because of the weekend. Keep checking your email/junk folder for the official offer letter.

Thank you!
Original post by Cartwr1ghtJones
Hey guys.
I am a Cam MPhil F&E applicant. I'm in "under consider by degree committee" in Camsis -- recently changed from "department". Is there a definitive answer on what this means? Am I past the point where my academic merits are being considered? Should I expect an offer?

I am a US student 3.7 GPA, from a very good school. GRE 168 Quant 162 Verbal.

What are my chances?

You're ok, if successful the next stage will be board of graduate studies. Very impressive profile!
For those Economics related applicants who were BOGS last week, have you got offer now?
For those Economics related applicants who were BOGS last week, have you got offer now?

Have you gotten the offer? or are you still stuck at BOGS?
Original post by nobrainking
Have you gotten the offer? or are you still stuck at BOGS?

Bogs. How about you
I was stuck in BOGS for ONE week, anyone for F & E received offer this week?
Original post by jd00187
My status was just updated to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies' :smile:)

i was F&E and BOGS on Mar 2, didn't receive offer email yet. How about you?
Reply 91
I found that some college scholarships have application deadlines of March 31 or April 1, if I'm still stuck at "under consideration by department" as of now, no hopes for scholarships, right? :frown:
Finally, F & E conditioner offer. Cheers!
Finally, F & E conditioner offer. Cheers!

Boom! What conditions did they give you? Good luck on your college choices!
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you! The condition is overall 70%. I didn't nominate college preference when submitted my application, just wait for a random allocation.
Reply 95
Hello, everyone! I've applied to MPhil Finance just before the deadline of March 1st, and unsurprisingly, haven't received any updates yet... I will be graduating from the University of Toronto with a 3.90 (or maybe 3.91) /4.00 GPA with an economics major and a mathematics minor. I have completed two internships; one in the foreign ministry of my home country, and one in BNP Paribas. I have two good references, but no GRE scores :frown: Do you think I still have a chance, or should I forget about it and enjoy the life?:biggrin:
Original post by smonen
Hello, everyone! I've applied to MPhil Finance just before the deadline of March 1st, and unsurprisingly, haven't received any updates yet... I will be graduating from the University of Toronto with a 3.90 (or maybe 3.91) /4.00 GPA with an economics major and a mathematics minor. I have completed two internships; one in the foreign ministry of my home country, and one in BNP Paribas. I have two good references, but no GRE scores :frown: Do you think I still have a chance, or should I forget about it and enjoy the life?:biggrin:

Well UTor is one of the best in the world and 3.90 gpa, you have a great chance i think, the math minor is also very good. The only negative is how late you applied, otherwise its a perfect profile. Toronto is a great place. Best of luck!
When applying it is absolutely essential to show some knowledge of econ in your personal statement or interviews. I prepared this blog for you guys:

https://business-piece.com/
What's the process to apply for scholarship? Can any one share your experience with me?
Anyone heard anything on funding? A French student got an international one from the Cambridge trust, no one else from this MPhil on the list yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending