The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 06moca1
Ahhh my rejection has came through. My fault all honestly. Didn't get enough sleep and felt ill on the day =/.
I'm a graduate btw.

That's a real shame. At least you have learned something from the experience!
I hope everything goes well with your other universities:smile:
Never normally post on here normally i just stalk the thread, however if it's helpful i have been rejected on last Friday but received an email today saying i'm on the waiting list so people who have been rejected earlier on may be on the waiting list, i think the way admission do the responses are offers --> waiting list ---> full rejections. so if it makes anyone who has been rejected already wait for an email and you may be put on waiting list. i was looking on what i could do in the gap year and still thinking about this because of financial implications as a graduate.

but goodluck for everyone who is waiting for a response and congratulations to those who have offers.
Original post by IamDreaming
Never normally post on here normally i just stalk the thread, however if it's helpful i have been rejected on last Friday but received an email today saying i'm on the waiting list so people who have been rejected earlier on may be on the waiting list, i think the way admission do the responses are offers --> waiting list ---> full rejections. so if it makes anyone who has been rejected already wait for an email and you may be put on waiting list. i was looking on what i could do in the gap year and still thinking about this because of financial implications as a graduate.

but goodluck for everyone who is waiting for a response and congratulations to those who have offers.

yeah i just got it as well, not too confident that my interview score is that high to get an offer if they give any out, but it gives me a lil hope even though i still have to prepare for my gap year :smile:
just received email for waiting list :/ not all hope lost!
I've been put on the waiting list as well :h:
I won't be taking it up, though, since I've been fortunate enough to receive offers from other universities :smile:
Good Luck to you all!
Waiting list too. This has put me in a tricky position as barts was my favourite. But I've already got 2 offers so don't think I'd be getting an offer anyway ohhh well
Do you think it's possible to know your position on the waiting list?
Original post by juliethecool
Do you think it's possible to know your position on the waiting list?

I have read last year's forum and people had to request a freedom of information email and pay £10.
Can anyone show me a screenshot of their email which tells them they are on the waiting list please X
Original post by roastedcrumbs
Can anyone show me a screenshot of their email which tells them they are on the waiting list please X

Waitlist.PNG
Hi, I got an email this morning saying I'm on the waiting list, I have no other offers so this really made my morning, I was just wondering how likely it would me getting a place? and also if it possible for me to find out where I am on the waiting list?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1791
On waiting list, Barts is my prefered choice but have one offer already. If I was high up on the waiting list would it be worth giving it a wait until Barts reply?
congrats on all the offers. May I know those who received the mail for waiting list what was ur UCAS status? did u get rejected and then got a mail for waiting list. Also please share whether u r all international or home applicants.
Original post by 06moca1
I have read last year's forum and people had to request a freedom of information email and pay £10.

Boyy that seems a bit excessive just to find out your chances of getting into the university
Original post by Medcraze
congrats on all the offers. May I know those who received the mail for waiting list what was ur UCAS status? did u get rejected and then got a mail for waiting list. Also please share whether u r all international or home applicants.

Home applicant - and I got rejected on friday through UCAS, and got the waiting list email directly from QMUL this morning. My UCAS track hasn't changed from a rejection
Original post by juliethecool
Home applicant - and I got rejected on friday through UCAS, and got the waiting list email directly from QMUL this morning. My UCAS track hasn't changed from a rejection

Exactly the same^
Got rejected yesterday (track update). Still waiting on an email from them. Intl applicant.

I got rejected on Friday and then found out today I was on the waiting list via email (I posted a screenshot of the email on the previous page).

And since you've asked, I'm a home applicant.
Are there any graduates rejected on friday? Also any graduates got onto waiting list?
Reply 1799
Graduate here, rejected on Friday and offered the waiting list.

Have an offer elsewhere and also waiting to here back from another uni post interview.

Quick Reply