The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who's coming to the applicant day on Saturday :smile: ?
Original post by Riyad000
I think out of the 120 interviewed, 40-50 get offers and out of the remaining 70-80, probably 50 get put on the waiting list and the rest rejected! Thats gonna be really tough to decide between those 50 for about 10 places!!😫
Im not sure tho and ts jus my opinion!

I wonder how many poeple would acctually reject a UEA offer tho? 🤔😂

But if you think about it, there will be some people who apply for 5 year courses and 6 year and may be likely to firm the 5 year, let's be hopeful!
Original post by natrose
No one would not accept a UEA offer, that's what makes me think being placed on the waiting list is just waiting longer to be rejected.

Yh thats true! :frown:
What did everyone get for GCSEs?
Who's coming to the applicant day on Saturday :smile: ? Also would you guys like to make a Facebook group for offer holders instead of WhatsApp because it's easier?
What did everyone get for GCSEs?

4A* 5A's B hby??
Original post by Floriano98
Well done!!

Thank you!!
Original post by natrose
Congrats!

Thank you!!! Btw for more hope for you lot I'm not firming UEA as i got offer for newcastle which is 5 years!! Hope you get one
4A* 5A's B hby??

Well done thats amazing!!! I got 2 A*s, 4As and 6Bs which isnt as great as yours but oh well 😂
Did u get an offer?
I heard UEA rank applicants by GCSE score after interview and only use interview scores n ukcat when theres a tie
Original post by DR.SAAB
Thank you!!! Btw for more hope for you lot I'm not firming UEA as i got offer for newcastle which is 5 years!! Hope you get one

Loooool, thank you hope you smash it!
Well done thats amazing!!! I got 2 A*s, 4As and 6Bs which isnt as great as yours but oh well 😂
Did u get an offer?
I heard UEA rank applicants by GCSE score after interview and only use interview scores n ukcat when theres a tie

Nope ☹️
Nope ☹️

Oh :frown:
Did u receive the waiting list email?
Oh :frown:
Did u receive the waiting list email?

Neither, so am feeling pretty 😬😬😬
Neither, so am feeling pretty 😬😬😬

Dont feel bad. There's still hope! Hopefully u hear good news tomorrow!
Good luck to u n everyone else! :smile: :smile:
Dont feel bad. There's still hope! Hopefully u hear good news tomorrow!
Good luck to u n everyone else! :smile: :smile:

Thank you, you too!!
Does anyone know what they use to judge/decide pre and post interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what they use to judge/decide pre and post interviews?

I read from last years thread post interview, they rank applicants by GCSE and highest scoring applicants get offers. And when there's a tie/waiting list, they use inteview scores and ukcat.

Not 100% sure if its the same for our year tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think for offers it's your interview score, then for waiting list it's all of interview score, ukcat and gcse.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh fair enough thanks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many people do you reckon are on the waiting list and hiw many places do you think will be cleared/rejected by offer holders?

(I think its some crazy ratio like 50 people on the waiting list and 10 places maximum will be made😂)

Latest

Trending

Trending