The Student Room Group

Royal Household summer jobs 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RachelReid
Good luck to everyone!! Let me know when you hear :smile:

I got the offer !! :colondollar: Finalllyyyy (((: Sooo happy. Now I can start worrying about it being just an offer that is conditional... Do you think they require references from everyone because it said in the email that they will let me now if they need them but I can't use my previous employers... So what if they need them and I can't provide them.... Seriously I won't believe I got the job until I'm doing it..lol
Original post by Ninnei
I got the offer !! :colondollar: Finalllyyyy (((: Sooo happy. Now I can start worrying about it being just an offer that is conditional... Do you think they require references from everyone because it said in the email that they will let me now if they need them but I can't use my previous employers... So what if they need them and I can't provide them.... Seriously I won't believe I got the job until I'm doing it..lol

Hey guys, really happy for you. Sadly I did not get through, got the email today. I'm absolutely gutted, crying my eyes out lol. I don't think I'll apply again, not sure I could handle another rejection. I really would love to know what I did wrong!!
Enjoy the job and best of luck xxx
Original post by SweetToothM
Hey guys, really happy for you. Sadly I did not get through, got the email today. I'm absolutely gutted, crying my eyes out lol. I don't think I'll apply again, not sure I could handle another rejection. I really would love to know what I did wrong!!

Didn't get the job too. It's their loss
Original post by Ninnei

Congratulations!!! :biggrin: You have to submit the details of your referees online, accessing your account. As for the application process, you will find a list of information you have to submit, and references of previous employers are in a section that must be completed, otherwise the process will result incomplete... I would suggest to contact the application team and explain why you cannot provide professional references. I'm sure they will help you to fill the form correctly :smile:

Really sorry for those who didn't get it :frown:...but don't give up!
Reply 44

Oh no ): I'm so sorry... I think I read from another thread that you could ask them what did you do wrong but not sure... Hope you'll be fine!
Reply 45
Original post by alicemarinelli
Congratulations!!! :biggrin: You have to submit the details of your referees online, accessing your account. As for the application process, you will find a list of information you have to submit, and references of previous employers are in a section that must be completed, otherwise the process will result incomplete... I would suggest to contact the application team and explain why you cannot provide professional references. I'm sure they will help you to fill the form correctly :smile:

Really sorry for those who didn't get it :frown:...but don't give up!

Thank you I will check that out!
Original post by maggie43
Didn't get the job too. It's their loss

I worked there last year and in reality they employ large numbers of older people above the age of 50. I was in the minority in the team I worked in and it seemed to me the older people had trouble coping under the pressure of the warden role. At the interview there are large numbers of student type people who I would've thought they'd want working there but when it comes down to it they don't employ them.

Not going back to work there this year.
Did you enjoy working there? And why would you not want to apply again for this year? Yes many were students can only do July-September; I am not a student (only joined this forum to watch this thread lol) and I am able to do the whole length of contract June-October so I would have thought I was going to get it. Plus I even bought new shoes to interview and suffered bleeding feet. All for nothing. To not make it in the Top 700 recruits just feels a little sad. Never mind; it obviously wasn't meant to be.
Did you enjoy working there? And why would you not want to apply again for this year? Yes many were students can only do July-September; I am not a student (only joined this forum to watch this thread lol) and I am able to do the whole length of contract June-October so I would have thought I was going to get it. Plus I even bought new shoes to interview and suffered bleeding feet. All for nothing. To not make it in the Top 700 recruits just feels a little sad. Never mind; it obviously wasn't meant to be.

No did not enjoy working there at all. The organisation is terrible - no one knows where they're meant to be. When they mention about getting a lunch everyday that's a lie - half of the time you don't get a break or if someone else is late back from lunch you miss your turn. I thought that was bad especially during long shifts.
Reply 49
Original post by Ninnei

If you log onto your application form it explains the kind of references that are needed. I think all together there are about four.
Reply 50
Original post by Frangipanie
No did not enjoy working there at all. The organisation is terrible - no one knows where they're meant to be. When they mention about getting a lunch everyday that's a lie - half of the time you don't get a break or if someone else is late back from lunch you miss your turn. I thought that was bad especially during long shifts.

I wonder like how bad it actually is because you might have just been very unlike or something... This makes me a little scared because I'm moving for the job so... yeah...
Hi everybody! Did you receive confirmation of your start already? I submitted information about referees and the certificate of good conduct a long time ago...but still waiting for them to confirm my place 😕 should I start to be worried?
Reply 52
Original post by alicemarinelli
Hi everybody! Did you receive confirmation of your start already? I submitted information about referees and the certificate of good conduct a long time ago...but still waiting for them to confirm my place 😕 should I start to be worried?

Every email I get still says that it's not 100% because of the checks... So I guess no. One had the date for the training week but that's it...
Reply 53
Hi I am doing the role this year. I've got the job they just need the references and that now, I wanted you to tell me about the job and how you found it and some more information please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending