The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

So I had my interview today. Thought it went pretty well, however many people got rejected after thinking that so still quite nervous. I have a St Georges' interview next Tuesday, any chance I can get a reply in 6 days? lol
Original post by Trynagetintouni
I'm nervous about what they would ask about my personal statement.
if i said i volunteered at a dementia care home, will they ask me about dementia facts or at a special needs school- will ask me about different diseases. i'm nervous that at the time I'll have a mind blank. Or an oncology clinic: will they ask me about different types of cancers?
i did a course and wrote about it on my ps: will they ask me scientific questions on the topics from the course: should I revise?
i think i'm just having last minute nerves but I'm nervous that I won't be completely prepared or they'll come out with something I won't know how to answer.
what sort of questions do they ask regarding your personal statement?

I wouldn't worry about it too much - the interview is short and they just want to get to know you as a person, not necessarily how much specific detail you know about medicine.
Reply 1862
Original post by Rifdhy
So I had my interview today. Thought it went pretty well, however many people got rejected after thinking that so still quite nervous. I have a St Georges' interview next Tuesday, any chance I can get a reply in 6 days? lol

I heard back after 7 days, so there's a chance you may hear back before your next interview, but unlikely I'm afraid, as most people hear back within 1-2 weeks.

How did your interview go?
Original post by davidp426
Is there a fb group for offer holders?

I got an email from Imperial congratulating me and inviting me to the Facebook page for offer holders :smile:
Original post by gabm18
I heard back after 7 days, so there's a chance you may hear back before your next interview, but unlikely I'm afraid, as most people hear back within 1-2 weeks.

How did your interview go?

Lol hopefully.
The interview went better than expected - a few unexpected questions but even those went well. Hopefully it becomes an offer, let's hope I didn't unknowingly say anything stupid
Original post by moonfruits
How long did they say you got to wait after interview for you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

'in a couple of weeks'
Original post by kelzdestadz
I got an email from Imperial congratulating me and inviting me to the Facebook page for offer holders :smile:

There's also an unofficial facebook group chat. Let me know if you want to be added!
Original post by Kdrizzy1999
There's also an unofficial facebook group chat. Let me know if you want to be added!

Yes I would!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear not having facebook only show its disadvantages now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rifdhy
'in a couple of weeks'

Had my interview today,They told me "in a few weeks" did anyone else get told that?? I think I might be stressing unnecessarily
Original post by Bright_Gift
Had my interview today,They told me "in a few weeks" did anyone else get told that?? I think I might be stressing unnecessarily

I was told 2-3 weeks but I heard 7 days so don't worry :smile:
Original post by iamDev
I was told 2-3 weeks but I heard 7 days so don't worry :smile:

Ok thank you!
Original post by Ashy99
I swear not having facebook only show its disadvantages now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would get it for before you begin. They'll make an official freshers page for you guys soon, and you'll get useful information posted there by the SU reps throughout your time at med school. Oh, and they upload past paper questions and useful notes there too for exams when you get there.
anybody still waiting for interview invitation still?
I am! I called in yesterday and they said they're still giving out interview invites 😪

Add me too plz:smile:
Reply 1876
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Add me too plz:smile:

And me too :smile:
Original post by stephssteps
I am! I called in yesterday and they said they're still giving out interview invites 😪

apparently it's some waiting list?? This is so nerve wracking😩😩
Reply 1878
I had my interview today and they had really sarcastic looks on their faces and came across as really rude
Original post by SargentZenj2
I had my interview today and they had really sarcastic looks on their faces and came across as really rude

Hopefully it was all an act?:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending