The Student Room Group

How sexist are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chief Wiggum
3.17 for "hostile sexism".
0.17 for "benevolent sexism".

The quiz is nonsense though. It seems to define sexism as just being "against women" - surely that notion is itself sexist?

Feels more like a Buzzfeed quiz doesn't it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
Pfft. You're not a man, you're a weasel.

Lol
Original post by Berke0
Send ur sister I'll show her holes how manly I am. Dead Yat

I don't have a sister and if I did, she'd castrate you. Misogynistic pig.
Original post by Berke0
Send ur mum or better yet her mum. I got enough for both of them dw babe

Such a sick bastard.
This thread needs to be locked, and both of you guys need to grow up
Hostile 2.5
Benevolent 2.33
Female
Reply 126
surprise, surprise, just answer strongly disagree for all questions and you will get 0.
Reply 127
image.jpeg
I won Spot the feminist
Redid this
hostile 3.17
benevolent 1.67
ok
Worst quiz I've ever taken tbh, such over simplified BS, and so heteronormative
Reply 131
Hahaha, I answered all the questions as logically and fair as I could and I got:

Hostile: 3
Benevolent: 1.33

As mentioned earlier, there are many problems with this test. Simply answering the questions on a true/false basis rather than an opinionated basis apparently makes me a hostile sexist.

I can tell you though, my beliefs on equality (not just sex) are based completely fairly and using science as well as just common logic.
This quiz is not good. Many of the answers depend on the context , person and situation. Just because i know that not all girls are angels doesn't make me a sexist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Hostile - 3
Benevolent - 2.67
I don't think much of this test. Stupid questions in there like do you think you males should more or less worship women. I'm sure i got marked down for that...., don't get me wrong, I'll be nice to women ...but I ain't treating you a like deity just because you got a vagina.

anyways:

Hostile sexism: 3.67
Benevolent sexism: 2.17
Original post by ANM775
I don't think much of this test. Stupid questions in there like do you think you males should more or less worship women. I'm sure i got marked down for that...., don't get me wrong, I'll be nice to women ...but I ain't treating you a like deity just because you got a vagina.

anyways:

Hostile sexism: 3.67
Benevolent sexism: 2.17

Well that's precisely the point. Believing that women should be "worshiped" is an indicator of benevolent sexism.

I like the test.

I scored 0 for hostile sexism.
And 0.5 benevolent sexism.

Benevolent sexism makes me cringe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0zzu
Hahaha, I answered all the questions as logically and fair as I could and I got:

Hostile: 3
Benevolent: 1.33

As mentioned earlier, there are many problems with this test. Simply answering the questions on a true/false basis rather than an opinionated basis apparently makes me a hostile sexist.

I can tell you though, my beliefs on equality (not just sex) are based completely fairly and using science as well as just common logic.

Umm.. hence the use of a scale as opposed to true/ false?

You say there are problems with the test 'cause you dislike your score :wink:

Throwing your toys outta the pram. Would be interesting to see your responses, 3 is high...

Your beliefs are based on your own human bias just like the rest of us. You use (manipulate) science to justify it.
Building and collecting evidence to support your sexism does not equate to rationally addressing the evidence and arriving at a logical conclusion.

Original post by ErinMei
This quiz is not good. Many of the answers depend on the context , person and situation. Just because i know that not all girls are angels doesn't make me a sexist. Posted from TSR Mobile
Again that's precisely the point... Those items measured benevolent sexism, the belief that women are more pure and moral than men is sexist. Do people read the intro?
(edited 7 years ago)
I feel that men being higher is misogyny and the fact that my gender (gender liquid bi-quer pyro fox) is not included is hetero normative bigotry.
I'm sensual, seductive, and *reads smudged writing on hand* sexist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 139
Original post by Twinpeaks
Umm.. hence the use of a scale as opposed to true/ false?

You say there are problems with the test 'cause you dislike your score :wink:

Throwing your toys outta the pram. Would be interesting to see your responses, 3 is high...

Your beliefs are based on your own human bias just like the rest of us. You use (manipulate) science to justify it.
Building and collecting evidence to support your sexism does not equate to rationally addressing the evidence and arriving at a logical conclusion.

Again that's precisely the point... Those items measured benevolent sexism, the belief that women are more pure and moral than men is sexist. Do people read the intro?

Damn! You're pretty ambitious, making that many assumptions!

I'll tell you what I mean by true/false. This is a question in the "test":
"3.Women seek to gain power by getting control over men."

I would answer that with 'disagree strongly'. Not because that's what I think, but because I'm sure there are some who do, but not all women, like the question suggests.

And it's the same for the next question; "4. Every man ought to have a woman whom he adores."

But, where the question is not certain, like question 7:
"7. Once a woman gets a man to commit to her, she usually tries to put him on a tight leash."

I will select 'agree slightly', because now the question is not either all or nothing, it's usually. So, thinking rationally, I would put 'agree slightly' because there are some who do. I'm not agreeing strongly, because there is no evidence to suggest that it is 'usually', but putting down disagree strongly would be plain ignorance. This is not sexism however, because I would put the same answer if it were the opposite direction - but guess what? The test apparently thinks sexism only happens to women, so there are no questions like that.

I am not a sexist - according to the definition, at least.
"prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex."

The only cases would be:
1) Subconsciously making judgements/stereotypes, but every single human does that and you can't control your subconscious mind, only try your best not to take action on it. Which, IMO, I do pretty damn well.

2) When biological sex actually affects the situation at hand. For example, signing up to an elite military force. You need to be in the absolute best physical condition, and there is actual scientific research that shows women (on average) have a lower maximum limit than men (on average) in terms of physical ability. This means, that if you are a woman and are at peak physical condition but still cannot keep up with your male counterparts - denying you a place is not sexism.

I'm saying there are problems with the test because there are. There is no account for the fact that some things are fact-based and not opinion-based, there is no equal representation of sexism for both males and females and questions are very equivocal and vague in meaning. The test is biased, not me.

It absolutely disgusts me to see sexism and racism and other forms of irrational discrimination. It is completely pointless and against the progression of the human race. So if you're going to accuse me of being a sexist, you'd better have some solid points.

Quick Reply

Latest