The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SargentZenj2
I had my interview today and they had really sarcastic looks on their faces and came across as really rude

one of my interviewer looked like he was sleeping most of the time until he started asking me questions at the end lol
Original post by usycool1
I would get it for before you begin. They'll make an official freshers page for you guys soon, and you'll get useful information posted there by the SU reps throughout your time at med school. Oh, and they upload past paper questions and useful notes there too for exams when you get there.

Hey is it true 2nd year and 5th year are the only year where ranking deciles are used?
Had my interview today. Initially thought it went well even if I did get a bit nervous halfway through. But thinking about it now, I think I really messed up on some important questions.
Really hope it works out.
Good luck everyone.

Also thanks to Ashy99 who was sooo helpful before the interview 😘 thank you ❤️
Original post by Cherub012
Hey is it true 2nd year and 5th year are the only year where ranking deciles are used?

They're not used in either 1st or 2nd years (well, they do rank you, but they're rather pointless as they're not the exams that are used for FPAS rankings). They start using it fro year 3, however, but I don't know how much each exam counts towards your ranking
They're not used in either 1st or 2nd years (well, they do rank you, but they're rather pointless as they're not the exams that are used for FPAS rankings). They start using it fro year 3, however, but I don't know how much each exam counts towards your ranking

Oh right. So only the clinical years? Do you know if that's only specific to Imperial?
Reply 1885
Original post by Trynagetintouni
Had my interview today. Initially thought it went well even if I did get a bit nervous halfway through. But thinking about it now, I think I really messed up on some important questions.
Really hope it works out.
Good luck everyone.

Also thanks to Ashy99 who was sooo helpful before the interview 😘 thank you ❤️

All the best! I'm sure you've done fine. Many people who are given offers walk out of there thinking it was an utter shambles.
Original post by Kdrizzy1999
There's also an unofficial facebook group chat. Let me know if you want to be added!

me too pls :colondollar:
Original post by Cherub012
Oh right. So only the clinical years?

Yup, I believe so :smile:

Do you know if that's only specific to Imperial?

I have no clue, I'm afraid.

Sorry to be ignorant ... ranking for what?
Original post by Ashy99
I swear not having facebook only show its disadvantages now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not too late to make one!
It's not too late to make one!

I think I'll have to tbh:biggrin:

Original post by Happyals
Sorry to be ignorant ... ranking for what?

When you apply for your first job as a doctor, you basically get points based on what your ranking was at at med school. Each med school decides which exams count towards that ranking. You can see more information here if you're interested, but I wouldn't worry about it yet tbh (I'm in second year and I don't know what most of it's about yet!): http://www.foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/pages/home
When you apply for your first job as a doctor, you basically get points based on what your ranking was at at med school. Each med school decides which exams count towards that ranking. You can see more information here if you're interested, but I wouldn't worry about it yet tbh (I'm in second year and I don't know what most of it's about yet!): http://www.foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/pages/home

Ah ok thanks! Wasn't there talk of them introducing a common USMLE style exam that all medical students would take which the foundation schools would have the results of instead?
Original post by Ashy99
I think I'll have to tbh:biggrin:

ahhh yeah when you do get it, let me know :smile:
There's also an unofficial facebook group chat. Let me know if you want to be added!

Could you please add me too?
Reply 1896
Bit late but how do people even prepare for interviews?? I have no clue what I'm doing :/
I know! This is the only one I'm waiting for a reply for now as well, and my last hope lol🙃
Original post by salma.m
apparently it's some waiting list?? This is so nerve wracking😩😩
Original post by Abj0
Bit late but how do people even prepare for interviews?? I have no clue what I'm doing :/

Reflect on your work experience and also whatever you have done that has shown the skills desirable for a doctor and also how you have developed these skills, think teamwork, communication skills etc. also you should read up on medical ethics as well.
Most important of all, have confidence in yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1899
Original post by SargentZenj2
I had my interview today and they had really sarcastic looks on their faces and came across as really rude

I had noticed the sarcastic thing as well! Was your panel the one with 4 men?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending