The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Sanzianaaa;70539044"]
Original post by twenty16app
im planning to do tht if there is still nothing after this week[/QUOTE
There is a chance that our tasks were simply not good enough.. although I sincerely hope that is not the case. Mine turned out pretty good, though it really wasn't what you'd call ''an architectural drawing''. Anyway, fingers crossed :biggrin:

same... mine isnt that architectural. the 5 mins drawings of mine r actually quite abstract as well lmao
[QUOTE="Sanzianaaa;70539044"]
im planning to do tht if there is still nothing after this week[/QUOTE
There is a chance that our tasks were simply not good enough.. although I sincerely hope that is not the case. Mine turned out pretty good, though it really wasn't what you'd call ''an architectural drawing''. Anyway, fingers crossed :biggrin:

I think they used the tasks to see what type of artists we are. I know someone who did mundane everyday routine and drew stuff like cups and just your average objects. Though it was quite boring imo, her work in terms of scale and accuracy, is perfect. You probably couldn't find a fault in it, however she hasn't been offered an interview yet. But for example, I did the same theme but instead of drawing everyday objects, I illustrated my day and drew the space around it (I was really specific about the space rather than any particular object or activity because I think that's what the true purpose of that theme was, to see how you exploit the space around you). Btw, it didn't have to be architectural drawings though I personally based mine around staircases, roads etc.
Tbh I drew the inside of my wardrobe and myself doing my make up , walking my dog etc and I was offer a place .. I don't really know what they look for
Original post by Ranatabatabaie
Tbh I drew the inside of my wardrobe and myself doing my make up , walking my dog etc and I was offer a place .. I don't really know what they look for

what they look for is a complete mystery.
i think im kinda screwed for making it abstract
but its about my world drawn upside down so... idk
I've heard tell of a couple more UCL offers - including one who was interviewed at the same time as DD. Tension mounts.
IMG_0148.GIFHeyyyy I'm a doctor who fan too
Edinburgh has just required me to upload a digital portfolio.. strange cuz I heard people saying they don't ask for it?
Original post by EmmaNuel8
Edinburgh has just required me to upload a digital portfolio.. strange cuz I heard people saying they don't ask for it?

are you international?
Original post by bbglop
are you international?

not really. Although Im not taking A Level Art, that might be the reason
maybe we should indeed email them??

If it's any help I waited literally months for my interview after sending off my task - and then 5 weeks between interview (of which I didn't think went amazingly)and getting an offer.
got an offer from MSA
anybody else
not really. Although Im not taking A Level Art, that might be the reason

Or maybe you non-internationals just don't pay enough?:biggrin: :scrooge:
Original post by Heather.scb
If it's any help I waited literally months for my interview after sending off my task - and then 5 weeks between interview (of which I didn't think went amazingly)and getting an offer.

Yeah I see what you mean but since you already got an offer you probably applied earlier than me. Their deadline to make an offer is May 5th and in this month or so they have to offer me an interview, wait for me a week or 2 to go there, have the interview, then asses it and after that, eventually, make me an offer. So I am personally freaking out because they don't have enough time left to do all that. Not months, anyway.
Got an offer from UCL today!!
has anyone on here has applied to UCLan?
Original post by bbglop
Or maybe you non-internationals just don't pay enough?:biggrin: :scrooge:

in terms of fees i am considered international.
i am always confused how to answer this question as i do live in the uk
Original post by Sanzianaaa
Yeah I see what you mean but since you already got an offer you probably applied earlier than me. Their deadline to make an offer is May 5th and in this month or so they have to offer me an interview, wait for me a week or 2 to go there, have the interview, then asses it and after that, eventually, make me an offer. So I am personally freaking out because they don't have enough time left to do all that. Not months, anyway.

yeah!:frown:( i am losing hope tbh
Original post by alice101998
Got an offer from UCL today!!

congrats!! thats amazing
got an offer from MSA
anybody else

I got an offer from MSA and I firmed it! Are you thinking of firming it?? What other offers do you have?
Original post by sofiacovxo
I got an offer from MSA and I firmed it! Are you thinking of firming it?? What other offers do you have?

i just got an unconditional from edinburgh as well

im not sure yet im waiting on the bartlett and AA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending