The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniilS
I wouldn't've known myself it it hadn't been for a nearby university holding free talks for high school students on relativity tomorrow as a celebration :tongue:

Coool :tongue: you attending? :moon: sounds interesting loool

Original post by NeverLucky
WRONG! Pizza Hut's King of the Coast is the best coast.

Loool fine... :lol:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Coool :tongue: you attending? :moon: sounds interesting loool

Sure am! I can even miss some school for it so it's the perfect arrangement :lol:
Original post by daniilS
Sure am! I can even miss some school for it so it's the perfect arrangement :lol:

Acc so jealous :/ :lol:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Acc so jealous :/ :lol:

This day was perfect I got lectures on relativity and a cake with a portrait of Einstein on it do you need anything else from life?
Original post by daniilS
This day was perfect I got lectures on relativity and a cake with a portrait of Einstein on it do you need anything else from life?

f*cking rip when a sixth former went to more lectures today than I did
Original post by daniilS

:lol: omg... seems really fun! :redface:
I applied for MPhil Finance and my status is 'Awaiting decision by Board of Graduate Studies'. For anyone who knows what does this stage entail? I hear from most that this is pretty much an offer but just wanted to see if that is correct

Also, I'm not sure if this will harm my application but in my app I said I did not finish my degree because I had not received my final transcript from my uni when I applied. I received it the next day so I uploaded this to my application when they asked for documentation. Do you think this will be a problem? I only just realised this now
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1727
Original post by jimmyt92
I applied for MPhil Finance and my status is 'Awaiting decision by Board of Graduate Studies'. For anyone who knows what does this stage entail? I hear from most that this is pretty much an offer but just wanted to see if that is correct

Also, I'm not sure if this will harm my application but in my app I said I did not finish my degree because I had not received my final transcript from my uni when I applied. I received it the next day so I uploaded this to my application when they asked for documentation. Do you think this will be a problem? I only just realised this now

This thread is mostly for undergrad applicants.

Best to ask in the Postgrad Thread.

Here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4207500
Official CAMBRIDGE 2017 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know anything about the choral auditions please? Specifically level of sight reading (equivalent to what grade?) thanks for any info 😊
Original post by Magnificat7
Does anyone know anything about the choral auditions please? Specifically level of sight reading (equivalent to what grade?) thanks for any info 😊

I have commented on a very old thread so it comes up on the Cambridge feed that you may find to be helpful. (sorry I don't know how to link to a thread!)

Any level of sight reading is a good start :smile: It will depend on the choir , any gaps they want to fill , how well you do on other aspects of the audition and your potential to improve. Hope it goes well.
Reply 1730
Original post by wonderland2
I have commented on a very old thread so it comes up on the Cambridge feed that you may find to be helpful. (sorry I don't know how to link to a thread!)

Any level of sight reading is a good start :smile: It will depend on the choir , any gaps they want to fill , how well you do on other aspects of the audition and your potential to improve. Hope it goes well.

This one:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1739451
Choral scholarship questions

(Just copy/paste the URL...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wonderland2

Thanks, that's v helpful! 😊
Original post by Doonesbury
This one:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1739451
Choral scholarship questions

(Just copy/paste the URL...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, big help 😊
Original post by Doonesbury
Where/what is this?

1488905062324.jpg

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

East Dean, thought to be where Sherlock Holmes retired :love:
Reply 1734
Original post by SteamboatMickey
East Dean, thought to be where Sherlock Holmes retired :love:

Hello stranger!

We stumbled across it on a day out. Lovely part of the world.
I was about to say this thread was quiet and only realised i unclicked the watched thread button
Original post by Xphoenix
I was about to say this thread was quiet and only realised i unclicked the watched thread button

If you scroll up you will see that it has in fact died :sad:

Not entirely sure what this is meant to be saying. If you mean there's a correlation between admissions assessment scores and being given an offer, then I think this is fairly obvious. If you mean that you're interpreting this to show that scores in admissions assessment causes offers/rejections, then I don't see how you can pull that conclusion from the data.

In fact, seems more like Pembroke are doing what every other college is and only using the AA's (at this stage) to deselect weak candidates.

Latest