The Student Room Group

BT apprenticeship scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by itzconnorx
Hi,

BT got back to me yesterday and I passed it, they are now considering me for an assessment centre.

I hope you had good news as well! :smile:

For those who are nervous about the video interview. Private Message me and I'll give you a few tips that may help you.

Goodluck to everyone with their applications!

Yeah I got the same message, what apprenticeship did you apply for?
Original post by CG5939
Yeah I got the same message, what apprenticeship did you apply for?

TSO - IT - Walsall.

What about you?

And congratulations on passing the video interview ! :smile:
Hi all,

Submitted my video interview yesterday and received this:

We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the BT Apprentice Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.

Anyone else get the same thing?
Original post by wileman1991
Hi all,

Submitted my video interview yesterday and received this:

We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the BT Apprentice Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.

Anyone else get the same thing?

First of all, well done on passing!

And Yes I also got this email yesterday. What apprenticeship you applied for?
First of all, well done on passing!

And Yes I also got this email yesterday. What apprenticeship you applied for?

Thanks matey, well done to you also!

Mine is an engineering apprentice in the East Yorkshire area, yourself?

Have you heard anything since that email?
Thanks matey, well done to you also!

Mine is an engineering apprentice in the East Yorkshire area, yourself?

Have you heard anything since that email?

I've applied for TSO IT Network in Walsall and not heard anything back yet.

I think it may be a while, not too sure though.
I've applied for TSO IT Network in Walsall and not heard anything back yet.

I think it may be a while, not too sure though.

Ahh, well good luck! Let's hope we hear some good news pretty sharpish!
Just got my invitation to the assessment center !
Original post by GeorgeSY1
Just got my invitation to the assessment center !

Congratz man! So it was a couple of weeks after the initial email then?

What assessment centre will you be attending?
Congratz man! So it was a couple of weeks after the initial email then?

What assessment centre will you be attending?

I got an email today saying they it's been a while since they last spoke to me, and that they haven't forgotten about me and they are still considering me for an assessment centre.

They said they're going to update me in 2 weeks time.

Did anybody else get an email like this?
Go the exact same email, hopefully they can find something in London :P
Original post by JamieGriffin1589
Go the exact same email, hopefully they can find something in London :P

Nice one! Welldone mate.

Hopefully the same for me haha, what apprenticeship you applied for?
Nice one! Welldone mate.

Hopefully the same for me haha, what apprenticeship you applied for?

I applied for IT TSO Advanced based in London. They also have put me down for another IT Role on my jobs page. Hopefully we can get this Assessment, This would be ideal for me. Grats as well by the way xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamieGriffin1589
I applied for IT TSO Advanced based in London. They also have put me down for another IT Role on my jobs page. Hopefully we can get this Assessment, This would be ideal for me. Grats as well by the way xD

Both gone for the same apprenticeship but mine will be based in Walsall.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your basic understanding of the job role?

I've read about it on there website, but there's different options under TSO. I focused on the Network section because that's what on my job page too, is it for the same for you too?

I went for an assessment last year, and I got good feedback from one assessor who I had presented too, and this made me feel really positive about the day. But, I didn't get it, and I've been trying to figure out what I did wrong. So, I want to give it another shot and hopefully second time lucky :smile: xD
Yeah i received the same email today, hopefully good news is to follow.
I got an email today saying they it's been a while since they last spoke to me, and that they haven't forgotten about me and they are still considering me for an assessment centre.

They said they're going to update me in 2 weeks time.

Did anybody else get an email like this?

I got the same email, I'm applying for cyber security in Devon. If anyone wants tips for the video interview then drop me a message.
Reply 56
What location have you applied for?
I got the email today about still being considered and how they will give an update in two weeks.
I have applied for the Project Management in Chesterfield.
Hopefully get an assessment centre invite soon.
Original post by AJD16
What location have you applied for?
I got the email today about still being considered and how they will give an update in two weeks.
I have applied for the Project Management in Chesterfield.
Hopefully get an assessment centre invite soon.

I've applied for Walsall, got the same email today as well

I hope so too :wink:

Goodluck!
ItzConnorx - On my job page it currently says TSO IT Networks - So im pretty sure that would be the main area we would have to focus on if given the opportunity to learn about it. I believe the Software side will focus on testing programs and fixing any errors, which may possibly involve some aspect of coding. I have some experience in Coding but i wouldn't call my self an expert. In terms of my background, Im currently doing my A-Levels and this job role would be something i'd definitely want to start doing.

Hopefully this helps :P - One last thing, If you dont mind me asking, what did the assessment consist of, any tips possibly if I do go to the assessment centre. Once again goodluck!
Hey JamieGriffin1589,

My job page says the same also. I also have some experience in coding, but I wouldn't call myself an expert either. I have a similar education background to you, I completed sixth form last year and have three A-Levels. Although, I have these, the grades I achieved wasn't as high as I hoped and was targeted. What I'm doing currently is an apprenticeship which I started last August. To cut a long story short, I don't feel like I'm progressing as much as I thought I would, I was supposed to be getting on with Web Dev project alongside with internal stuff for the company, but what I've been doing mainly is internal stuff. In the six months, I've been here, I've been given one web dev project and told my manager countless times about how I feel and that I want more projects. This is the reason why I'm deciding to find another apprenticeship elsewhere.

In terms of BT last year, I know they take a long time to get back to you with an invite to an assessment day, I got an email yesterday saying they'll get back to me in two weeks. When you get the invite it should be somebody from BT recruitment team. In the invite, it will explain everything that will happen throughout the day. Last year, they asked me to prepare a presentation on "Find something in the world that can be made better by using the power of communication", you get a sheet on this, so you know what you need to address etc. Then you participate in a group activity, I can't remember exactly, but we had to discuss about BT hotspots on trains and in public spaces and the benefits to a BT consumer. Then you have your 1 to 1 interview with an assessor, which I found most difficult, because the questions they asked you, some were the usual questions you would expect, but some were something you can't really prepare a solid answer for, so it was like you had to quickly come up with something good to say and I think that's what they are looking for, somebody who can think on their feet fast. Then, you deliver your presentation to an assessor and then they ask you questions at the end about it.

Anymore questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

and Good Luck to you too!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending