The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Beng in Mechanical Engineering

I have an conditional offer for Beng in Mechanical Engineering with requested grades easily achievable.
Is it possible to be transferred to Meng instead ob Beng if I will present much higher grades than the requested ones? Or I have to wait till the end of the second year (with the proper grades of course) to ask for the transfer?
Reply 1
Original post by DimitrisK
I have an conditional offer for Beng in Mechanical Engineering with requested grades easily achievable.
Is it possible to be transferred to Meng instead ob Beng if I will present much higher grades than the requested ones? Or I have to wait till the end of the second year (with the proper grades of course) to ask for the transfer?

where are you coming from and what year are you applying for?
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 2
From Greece. Applied for 1st year entry.
Reply 3
Original post by DimitrisK
From Greece. Applied for 1st year entry.

Hey sorry haven't hey replied sooner. As the 1st and 2nd years of the course are generic for all engineering courses, your performance in these years dictates your 3rd and 4th years. Do well in them and they'll invite you onto the MEng.
I asked where you were coming from meaning from college but that's OK cos you're applying for 1st year. If you're coming from college and going for 3rd year I believe you are restricted to BEng only
Original post by Dav1dJG
If you're coming from college and going for 3rd year I believe you are restricted to BEng only

Can you not do the 5 year MEng? As far as I was aware it was only the fast-track MEng that you couldn't do if you entered at year 3.
Reply 5
Original post by Smack
Can you not do the 5 year MEng? As far as I was aware it was only the fast-track MEng that you couldn't do if you entered at year 3.

I asked I asked about it bud, last dame I spoke to at RGU admissions told me no. Maybe they've changed summin. Maybe if I go into 2nd year I'll be able to. Unless I can fast track though I will not do it. I can't stay away from proper work for another year lol. Unless some company wants to pay me to go back and do the Decommissioning MSc that Aberdeen Uni are starting up!
Original post by Dav1dJG
I asked I asked about it bud, last dame I spoke to at RGU admissions told me no. Maybe they've changed summin. Maybe if I go into 2nd year I'll be able to. Unless I can fast track though I will not do it. I can't stay away from proper work for another year lol. Unless some company wants to pay me to go back and do the Decommissioning MSc that Aberdeen Uni are starting up!

If you've asked recently you'll know more about it than me.

Quick Reply

Latest