The Student Room Group

Anyone around looking at Sept 2018 intake?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hiya,

I'm going to be starting the Access course in September.
Hoping to go to Kingston University in 2018 for Adult Nursing.
Looking for volunteer work at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Emjai
Hiya,

I'm going to be starting the Access course in September.
Hoping to go to Kingston University in 2018 for Adult Nursing.
Looking for volunteer work at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Emjai

good luck :smile: are doing the access course in Kingston aswell?

I'll be applying for Kingston too but for chlid nursing
Reply 22
Hiya,

Yes, i'll be doing the Access at Kingston College.
Feeling quite excited and nervous at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Same I feel the same, and that's where I'm doing my access aswell :smile:
Reply 24
Excellent! 😃

What day is your enrolment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Emjai
Excellent! 😃

What day is your enrolment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Monday 3rd July what about you? :smile:
Reply 26
Me too!

Pleased to meet you. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just in case it applies to you, if you already have the grades needed to apply for uni, you can apply as late as you like and still get a place for this year. I applied last July/August via UCAS, had interviews all August and ended up getting a place last September! All you need to do is call your chosen applications team and ask if there are still spaces. If they are, then apply via UCAS as normal. Just because you've missed the deadline doesn't mean it's game over.
Reply 28
Original post by Emjai
Me too!

Pleased to meet you. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too :smile:

What branch are you hoping to get into?
Reply 29
Original post by coffeecrumpets
Just in case it applies to you, if you already have the grades needed to apply for uni, you can apply as late as you like and still get a place for this year. I applied last July/August via UCAS, had interviews all August and ended up getting a place last September! All you need to do is call your chosen applications team and ask if there are still spaces. If they are, then apply via UCAS as normal. Just because you've missed the deadline doesn't mean it's game over.

Hi thanks for the info that's good to know :smile:

I 'think' I have the right requirements (a-levels weren't great but did some modules with the OU which I was told a few years ago would be enough but unsure if they still would be), so I am doing the access to ensure I have everything I need plus I like the idea of gaining some 'practice' being in a classroom again etc and my children have been used to be being around 24/7 and with the access being 2 days a week I feel it eases them into getting used to me not being around as much

But thank you :smile:
Hey,

I've got an interview for a university on Tuesday for children's nursing but Jan 2018 intake😊

Nice to meet you all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by jessicasrowlands
Hey,

I've got an interview for a university on Tuesday for children's nursing but Jan 2018 intake😊

Nice to meet you all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi nice to meet you too :smile:

Good luck with your interview let us know how you get on? :smile:
Reply 32
Hi how is everyone?

Has anyone started their personal statement yet? I haven't but I'm thinking of making a start and then tweeking it as I go along etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Hiya,

I'm doing well thank you. How are you?

I'm waiting on my DBS to come back so i can start voluntary work and waiting to sit my Level 2 Maths exam.

I've made a very slow start on my personal statement. Well, wrote some bullet points. Which i can start adding to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've firmed a place at Birmingham City University for January intake☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

I will also be applying for 2018 intake for children's nursing. It will be my third application,but I am hoping along with my recent NHS child unit experience,my NHS healthcare assistant role and my dedication to applying to uni for a third time,will get me a place on a children's nursing course.

I am currently contemplating to rework my personal statement and change my experiences and a few of the other bits.
Hi,

Does anyone know what unis they want to apply for?
Reply 37
Hiya,

Kingston, Surrey & West Mid. Kingston being my top choice. They are all relatively close(ish) to me.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emjai
Hiya,

Kingston, Surrey & West Mid. Kingston being my top choice. They are all relatively close(ish) to me.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uni of west London,Bournemouth, Southampton-these are definate bucks new and coventry are maybes. x
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi,

I'm currently in my first year of A Levels, will be applying this september for Childrens nursing.

I'm thinking of applying to places like LSBU, KCL, Kingston, Bucks new for September 2018 intake

Nice to meet all of you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending