The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anyone know what the film and television drama essay questions are? I'm doing The Godfather. It's probably something about corruption..?

Also, would be helpful if anyone could remember more about the close reading questions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Iali1
Your school gave you the 2014/2015 P&N prelim. I did it in class today. It's quite easy tbh. I have the answers if you want to see.

Yeah, I figured. U think? I thought it was kinda difficult. Yeah if you could send me them or put them on this thread that'd be great :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Iali1
I can send you them in a private message if you like? Note : They aren't the best pictures and I didn't get all the answers. I think the answers I have are for Q 4-9. Happy to help :smile:

Yeah, please :smile: ! And that's if that is okay, any is a help. I'll prob just worry myself though hahaha
Reply 63
Original post by leoq8
Think someone else in the post mentioned Norman MacCaig. No idea who that is she wasn't in our paper because I think the schools only buy the poems necessary so we had Aunt Julia and Carol Ann Duffy.

Do you know the 10 marker on Carol Ann Duffy
The RUAE about the Elgin Marbles was nice. The critical essay questions were a godsend

But the Men Should Weep questions... disgusting. I hated the extract-specific questions (although that was only me I guess), and, oh god, that 10 marker on Jenny's role... I can't even look at it again.
I did men should weep as well I agree I didn't like it. For the critical essay are you doing prose? If so which text?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay I know I'm super late in this conversation but does anyone remember the essay questions in the poetry section? Or the ten marker for Slab Boys as the Scottish set text? Please help. Dreading this part of the prelim.
Reply 67
Does anyone know the 10 mark question on Sunset song?

We done the close reading part of the paper last week and YES both passages were about The Elgin marbles.

thanks
Original post by madorchid
Okay I know I'm super late in this conversation but does anyone remember the essay questions in the poetry section? Or the ten marker for Slab Boys as the Scottish set text? Please help. Dreading this part of the prelim.

Don't know if it's too late but I can remember two of the poetry questions. One of them was about how the use of imagery in the poem helped you to appreciate the poem overall, and the other one was something about about 'precise and moving' and to what extent the poem was precise and moving.
Original post by Salenite
Don't know if it's too late but I can remember two of the poetry questions. One of them was about how the use of imagery in the poem helped you to appreciate the poem overall, and the other one was something about about 'precise and moving' and to what extent the poem was precise and moving.

Thank you for your reply! We done the prelim on Friday. The use of imagery poetry question was pretty straight forward. Not sure how I fine in the rest of the exam. Eeeek.
Reply 70
Original post by madorchid
Thank you for your reply! We done the prelim on Friday. The use of imagery poetry question was pretty straight forward. Not sure how I fine in the rest of the exam. Eeeek.

Do you remember the slab boys question?
Original post by hm1692
Do you remember the slab boys question?

Yes it's a ten mark question on the use of comedy and seriousness through-out the text.
Reply 72
Original post by leoq8
Think someone else in the post mentioned Norman MacCaig. No idea who that is she wasn't in our paper because I think the schools only buy the poems necessary so we had Aunt Julia and Carol Ann Duffy.

which carol ann duffy poem was it? also what was the final question?
Anyone know which Liz Lochhead poem it is in the P&N prelim?
Any ideas on the close reading too?

Much appreciated.
did anyone see what poem is was for Don Paterson? will cry if its nil nil :frown:
Has anyone done the national 5 P&N prelim?
Original post by ___Sophie___
Aw sorry then, would have looked if ours was before
Btw if you remember can you tell me what the poem which came up for Norman maccaig is?

Assassi not sure how you spell it but my friend has done it already at a diff school
Original post by swegwerd1
anyone know any clues to set text for Carol Ann Duffy or Close reading
and Is anyone 100% for a conflict q in drama

The 10 marker is Mrs Midas and it’s about contrasting emotions
ive done it
Reply 79
Hi,Does anyone know the answers to The Elgin Marbles? I am doing some revision and need to know if I have done this correctly.Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending